PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Amy L
07-22-2011, 05:28 AM
they were flats. ugly, ugly flats

i honed in on those bad shoes each time i saw it so far

I bet those were Bonnie's real shoes. Whenever she goes to events, half of the time she shows up in what looks like the shoes her granny uses for gardening.

michiruwater
07-22-2011, 05:31 AM
I always wanted Harry and Luna to get together. Especially movie!Harry and movie!Luna.

MarieM
07-22-2011, 07:54 AM
We shall start petitionning HBO for a Harry Potter mini series in 7 seasons. Like they'll DO for GoT :)

kwanatic
07-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Gamdon was horrible. Emma Watson was always too pretty for Hermione. She was part of the issue that arose with the Harry/Hermione shippers and their anger that Ginny was Harry's true love and that Hermione was Ron's. It was clear in the books from the 2nd book forward that Ron/Herm were JKR's big plan and by default Harry had to end up with Ginny in order to become part of the Weasley family. Book Ginny was great. She was the female version of the Twins. I was always sad the movies left out so much of the twins humor. As I've said before I didn't mind as much when scenes had to be cut due to time, but it really annoyed me when they'd add a totally gratuitous scene that never happened in the books instead! It always jarred me completely out of the movie and cause me to start to mumble this sucks under my breath.

^^All of this.

I came to love Emma Watson, though I do admit I was a bit skeptical for a while. I did think she was a bit too pretty, especially after the third movie. After POA they stopped attempting to make her hair look bigger; to me it looked like she was slowly going more fawn-blonde than brown, and it got straighter and straighter. When I think of Hermione, I see her hair looking more like this (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=anne+hathaway+princess+diaries&um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=2KkXYL5xBfR1TM:&imgrefurl=http://www.financenews.co.uk/entertainment/anne-hathaway-cast-as-catwomen-in-new-batman-film-the-dark-knight-rises/&docid=B3mAKL9sONYB6M&w=300&h=300&ei=lnwpTqzfLorLgQeDyp2pCw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=319&page=1&tbnh=122&tbnw=125&start=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=39&ty=41&biw=870&bih=422). No it's not as stylish or pretty as the way they styled Emma's hair, but then again, Hermione wasn't stylish...she was supposed to be plain but pretty, with bushy brown hair...not really pretty with semi-straight fawn colored hair.:shuffle:

It was the small details they neglected that aggravated me the most. There were tiny things that were easily adaptable to film that the filmmakers chose to ignore and, like you said, it was always things like that that yanked me out of the movie and caused me to turn to my sister and start complaining. Or when they'd add stuff...

The one scene I absolutely hated that they added was in Part 1 of Deathly Hallows: that Harry/Hermione dance scene. I think David Yates (the director) is secretly a Harry/Hermione shipper because he insisted on putting in scenes that gave them an awkward "are they?" "aren't they?" feel. I get that Harry was supposed to be cheering Hermione up and it was cute for a minute...but towards the end me and my friends were like :eek:! Are they about to kiss?! It felt awkward and a bit disturbing because I know the relationship between the two of them and not once in the books did Rowling ever give a sense of sexual tension between Harry and Hermione. Their relationship was platonic/brother-sister from start to finish and that's something they never clarified in the movies. In the chapter where Ron destroys the locket, he and Harry have a talk where Harry completely clears the air and says that Hermione is like a sister to him...they could have cut out that 3 minute dance scene and added an extra 45 seconds to that locket scene where Harry definitively puts the issue to rest.

I could complain about the movies all day long to be honest...:lol:

kwanatic
07-22-2011, 02:48 PM
To each their own, but there was nothing in any of the movies I thought was better than what JRK did. Absolutely nothing.

My, my, you look absolutely stunning today rfisher! :respec:

FigureSpins
07-22-2011, 03:15 PM
The one scene I absolutely hated that they added was in Part 1 of Deathly Hallows: that Harry/Hermione dance scene. I think David Yates (the director) is secretly a Harry/Hermione shipper because he insisted on putting in scenes that gave them an awkward "are they?" "aren't they?" feel. I get that Harry was supposed to be cheering Hermione up and it was cute for a minute...but towards the end me and my friends were like :eek:! Are they about to kiss?! It felt awkward and a bit disturbing because I know the relationship between the two of them and not once in the books did Rowling ever give a sense of sexual tension between Harry and Hermione. Their relationship was platonic/brother-sister from start to finish and that's something they never clarified in the movies. In the chapter where Ron destroys the locket, he and Harry have a talk where Harry completely clears the air and says that Hermione is like a sister to him...they could have cut out that 3 minute dance scene and added an extra 45 seconds to that locket scene where Harry definitively puts the issue to rest.

I was taken aback by that scene as well, mainly because it's not canon, lol. I was listening to SiriusXM's broadcasts from LeakyCon last week.

I heard an interview with Steve Kloves, who wrote every screenplay but OotP. He took credit for writing that scene and said that Jo Rowling complimented him on it, saying it was a great addition to the story. Yes, it did pause for a moment to make the viewers think "Will they or won't they?" but it cemented the "Best Friends" relationship. I didn't think it was necessary, but I didn't hate it.

I don't remember if it was the same interview or another session, but someone pointed out that Harry is Hermione's best friend, but Ron and Harry are best friends. I had never thought of it from that perspective before - Hermione really doesn't have any other close girl friends, except maybe Ginny since they discuss relationships. That didn't really make the transition to the movies, though.

IceAlisa
07-22-2011, 04:50 PM
The one scene I absolutely hated that they added was in Part 1 of Deathly Hallows: that Harry/Hermione dance scene. I think David Yates (the director) is secretly a Harry/Hermione shipper because he insisted on putting in scenes that gave them an awkward "are they?" "aren't they?" feel. I get that Harry was supposed to be cheering Hermione up and it was cute for a minute...but towards the end me and my friends were like :eek:! Are they about to kiss?! It felt awkward and a bit disturbing because I know the relationship between the two of them and not once in the books did Rowling ever give a sense of sexual tension between Harry and Hermione.

Never. But I admit I love that scene and the chemistry between them, as well as the rather passionate kiss they shared as the hallucination Harry and Hermione.

It's such a contrast between Dan and Emma's pretty explosive on-screen chemistry and the total lack of it between Dan and Bonnie. Someone very aptly said that Dan looked like he'd rather be kissing a tree. To quote Maugham, you are kissing a girl, not a sack of potatoes.

If I have become and Harry/Hermione shipper it's because Dan and Emma have it and Bonnie and Dan do not.

kwanatic
07-22-2011, 06:59 PM
...cemented the "Best Friends" relationship...

To me, it opened a question like "Well, are we best friends or is there something else there??":confused: I felt like it was weird and completely skewed the storyline they were trying to get at in that movie which was centered around this jealousy Ron had where Hermione was concerned. Why would Ron's best friend be mackin' on the girl he likes while he's away? Lol! :lol: IDK, I just...I could have done without it.

I don't remember if it was the same interview or another session, but someone pointed out that Harry is Hermione's best friend, but Ron and Harry are best friends. I had never thought of it from that perspective before - Hermione really doesn't have any other close girl friends, except maybe Ginny since they discuss relationships. That didn't really make the transition to the movies, though.

This aggravated me too and goes back to the lack of development they gave Ginny in the films. She and Hermione were actually pretty close in the books, though you don't get that info firsthand because the story follows Harry. But, from outward appearances (ie. Harry's POV), when Harry and Ron were hanging out being guys, Hermione and Ginny were hanging out being girls...but you never see that in the movie...

Never. But I admit I love that scene and the chemistry between them, as well as the rather passionate kiss they shared as the hallucination Harry and Hermione.

Yeah, that kinda sucks too. :lol: That was one of the few things that really disappointed me in that final movie...the big kiss between Ron and Hermione. I like the change by allowing them to share the moment without an audience (Harry) but given the circumstances, I expected more. Rupert and Emma spoke about how awkward it was and it definitely comes across that way on screen to me. I thought the Harry/Hermione horcrux scene kiss was waaaay better and that sucks so much because I was really looking forward to it! The Ron/Hermione kiss almost seemed a bit cheesy! The way they went into it and then the laugh afterwards...it didn't live up to the moment in the book. They get one kiss the entire series (well, technically two if you count the kiss on the cheek in Order of the Phoenix which they did not in the films) and I have to say, I was expecting a lot more than that...:shuffle:

It's such a contrast between Dan and Emma's pretty explosive on-screen chemistry and the total lack of it between Dan and Bonnie. Someone very aptly said that Dan looked like he'd rather be kissing a tree. To quote Maugham, you are kissing a girl, not a sack of potatoes.

I'm of the opinion that all of the romantic relationships fell woefully flat in this movie. I thought they did a semi-decent version with Harry and Cho, but the main relationships (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione) were skimmed over, especially in the 6th movie. Half-Blood Prince was the book where all of the relationships were laid out. There was a big deal with Hermione asking Ron to Slughorn's party--they barely mentioned it...the bad attempts of conveying attraction between Harry and Ginny paired with the horrible chemistry of Dan and Bonnie completely killed that. :slinkaway

Oh well, I guess that's why we have the books...:rolleyes:

Allskate
07-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm of the opinion that all of the romantic relationships fell woefully flat in this movie. I thought they did a semi-decent version with Harry and Cho, but the main relationships (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione) were skimmed over, especially in the 6th movie.

In general, I think the romantic relationships weren't particularly well-developed in the books, either, though, especially in terms of actual interaction between the characters. I think that's probably the weakest part of the books.

kwanatic
07-22-2011, 08:06 PM
In general, I think the romantic relationships weren't particularly well-developed in the books, either, though, especially in terms of actual interaction between the characters. I think that's probably the weakest part of the books.

I think Ron and Hermione's relationship was well developed over the course of the series. I think by the time I read book three I realized where that was headed. You could see it in five, a whole lot in six and then of course seven as well...

I will say the Harry/Ginny relationship took me by surprise the first time I read book six, but when I went back and read through the series again, I could see it. Prior to book six, of course there was the crush Ginny had on Harry in book 2...not much in book 3...in book four when Harry and Ron are trying to figure out who to take to the ball, after Ron (unknowingly) insults Hermione by saying she hasn't got a date, he suggests that Hermione go with him and that Ginny go with Harry. It's clear to see Hermione's upset, but I admit the first few times I read the story I didn't notice Ginny's reaction in that scene. Ron suggest Ginny goes with Harry, however she'd just agreed to go with Neville earlier that day...she was bummed because she was missing out on an opportunity to go with Harry to the Yule Ball.

Of course by book five, Ginny had come out of her shell a bit and was dating several guys...finally in book six, after spending so much time with her that summer, Harry began to develop feelings for her...there was the whole jealousy thing with Dean and the aching chest monster :lol: and finally they ended up together.

In the movie, Harry and Ginny never officially got together. In the book they actually dated for several weeks until the end of the book when he broke up with her...

rfisher
07-22-2011, 09:41 PM
I too thought the romantic relationships were very clear in the books. R/H from CoS forward and Ginny from the first book. She had to end up with Harry. The Weasley's were his surrogate family and marriage to the only Weasley girl was the only way for Harry to truely become part of the family. I can't believe any reader seriously shipped Luna and Harry. :lol: But, then, shippers often don't rely on canon. I never questioned JKR's choices. HP was her creation and it is what it is. I'm always puzzled by people who think their personal version is somehow superior. I can't recreate Potterverse. I could create my own fictional universe, but it would be something different. I can't create something someone else made. This is one of the reasons I never read HP fan fiction.

my little pony
07-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I never thought the relationships weren't clear in the books. I just thought they were poorly done and lacked romance and feeling. She just needed to get H & H attached to the Weasleys somehow. It probably would have been better written with more feeling if the Weasleys had adopted H & H. The romances are as romantic as a mail order bride catalog.

Allskate
07-22-2011, 11:50 PM
I never thought the relationships weren't clear in the books. I just thought they were poorly done and lacked romance and feeling. She just needed to get H & H attached to the Weasleys somehow. It probably would have been better written with more feeling if the Weasleys had adopted H & H. The romances are as romantic as a mail order bride catalog.

That's my feeling. Sure, we saw the relationships coming and knew they existed, but they were very poorly developed and not particularly romantic. To me, the epilogue is touching not because of the romantic relationships, but because of the history of all the relevant characters individually. Plus, it really did seem like an end of an era when I watched the end of the movie.

KatieC
07-23-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm going again tonight with another friend. We're going to the drive in. Anyone have anything they want me to check out?

I don't think I ever really expected a lot of romance in the series. I do agree the choice of actresses for Ginny was unfortunate, and I never saw Fleur as a Veela.

These books have become what I call feel good books. They are sometimes what I read when I want comfort, or peace. I've always felt books are my drugs - I use them when I need something to distract, or distance me from any problems. Nevil Shute books do the same thing.

rfisher
07-23-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't think she had any intent to write the relationships as particularly romantic. Given that Harry seemed doomed to die, much romance would have just been weird. She typically made the romantic attachments funny (I loved the Roger Davis/Fleur scenes). There was really very little of H/G even in HBP when he acknowledged his feelings. And the bickering between R/H was a vehicle to keep the trio together. It would have been really weird if they were sneaking off to be alone leaving Harry to twiddle his thumbs. I never have understood the shippers and the big to do over who was snogging whom. She said she just chose to ignore all the teenage hormones in the castle because that could have derailed the whole series. Besides, the most romantic story S/L was tragedy personified.