PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Jenna
07-19-2011, 02:13 AM
I went last night, really enjoyed it. Teared up during Snape's death and in the epilogue scene. Overall, great film.

rfisher
07-19-2011, 02:41 AM
I'll admit I had to wipe away a single tear during Snapes big scene and during the reunion with Harry's family.

algonquin
07-19-2011, 02:41 AM
I went tonight and also really enjoyed it. LOVED Snapes epilogue and so glad that they didn't cut Neville's role. I thought that Ralph Fienes was very good. I am a bit sad that the Harry Potter films are now all over, but I will enjoy them on DVD.

KatieC
07-19-2011, 04:29 AM
I read there were a lot of complaints about DH 1 on DVD, that they were most likely saving the deleted scenes and extras for a two disc set or even an eight disc set. I never did get around to buying it but I did rent it one night. Nothing like the extras in HBP.

I find I'm leaning a bit towards rfishers point of view - I'm more bothered by scenes that were never in the books than taking out side stories. Burning down the Burrows and Harry and Voldemort jumping off a tower had me muttering in the theatre. And when Ron and Hermione started telling Harry about going down for the basiliks fangs I was thinking, but that's just wrong!

Had a thought the other day - if Hogwarts was built a thousand years ago - or even five hundred years ago - were wizards that advanced that they had indoor plumbing? Otherwise when was the snake opening to the chamber of secrets in the bathroom built?

IceAlisa
07-19-2011, 04:35 AM
May be Hogwarts had been updated/renovated to include modern conveniences.

Satellitegirl
07-19-2011, 05:34 AM
I'll admit I had to wipe away a single tear during Snapes big scene and during the reunion with Harry's family.

I really needed to bring tissues, because when I started crying(not audibly, but crying nonetheless) my nose started running. THAT, was not fun lol.

IceAlisa
07-19-2011, 05:40 AM
May be I will drop a package of tissues in my bag when we go this weekend. :wuzrobbed

Sasha'sSpins
07-19-2011, 06:42 AM
I gave my nephew a movie card for his 16th birthday a few days before the HP premiere. He's a huge Potter fan (like me!) and was thrilled with the gift. He got to see 'Deathly Hallows pt. 2' before I did. I'm going next week when hopefully the crowds will have started to wane. I don't like packed theatres but that's just me. I prefer matinees for this reason.

rfisher
07-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't know about your market, but I went Sunday afternoon and the theater was only 1/4 full. I don't know if the 3D version had more people as I opted for 2D. And, the 2D version film quality was blurry in parts. The film was muddy for lack of a better word. I don't know if that's the case for all films that have both 3D and 2D versions but it was really noticible. I hate the 3D glasses, but it seems filmmakers are really going for format. And the theaters charge an extra 2.50 a ticket. I'd hate to take a family of 4 or 5 to the movies now. :yikes: Especially, if everyone wanted popcorn and drinks. It cost me $20 for the ticket, small popcorn and medium drink.

MarieM
07-19-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't know about your market, but I went Sunday afternoon and the theater was only 1/4 full. I don't know if the 3D version had more people as I opted for 2D. And, the 2D version film quality was blurry in parts. The film was muddy for lack of a better word. I don't know if that's the case for all films that have both 3D and 2D versions but it was really noticible. I hate the 3D glasses, but it seems filmmakers are really going for format. And the theaters charge an extra 2.50 a ticket. I'd hate to take a family of 4 or 5 to the movies now. :yikes: Especially, if everyone wanted popcorn and drinks. It cost me $20 for the ticket, small popcorn and medium drink.

You're scaring me. We are too much alike :rofl:
3D gives me freaking headaches all the time. I hate 3Ds. It doesn't bring ANYTHING to the movies. And paying those extra 2euros irk me all the time. Grrrrrrr. As if paying 12 isn't expensive enough !
Add to that most film ARE NOT designed for 3D.
At least there, some of it made sense. But really it wasn't a 3D movie AT ALL IMO.

I love book adaptation, when they stay true to the book. True meaning they have to keep some key points at key moments.
But HP has gone bonkers since movie number 3. Too much things happened there that WERE not meant to be. And adding "cinema" scenes is crazy.

LOTR was great, except Arwenn of course, because most of the key elements were kept in their rightfull place !!!

NinjaTurtles
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I really needed to bring tissues, because when I started crying(not audibly, but crying nonetheless) my nose started running. THAT, was not fun lol.

By the end of the prince's tale sequence, pretty much my whole theater was doing some level of crying. It was a strange experience of mass self-conscientious trying-to-be-quiet sniffling. :lol:

antmanb
07-19-2011, 03:53 PM
It was unclear. Greyback was attacking her when Hermione blasted him. JKR didn't list her among the dead.

I've always been annoyed they left out Kreacher's story in part one as it was one of my favorite parts of the book. :drama:

And, as I said, I didn't have problems with all the movies, only 3-7. The first one is the only one I've watched multiple times. I loved it.

That's funny because I (in hindsight stupidly) re-read the relevant books each time before going to cinema to watch films 1and 2 and found myself being annoyed at all the changes and for that reason (plus the fact the children sucked so badly as actors) found that i really disliked the first two films. After that i learnt my lessson and stopped reading the books, and for me Prisoner of Azkabahn remains my favourite film. I've like all of the film from 3 onwards and have not found myself trying to make comparisons to the books. I found one of the books (maybe order of the phoenix) a little boring and thought the film did a good job of keeping me entertained. I have to confess that I got really bored reading the final book when the trio were in the tent. I thought that dragged on for too long and got tempted to skip ahead.

I'm looking forward to seeing the last film (tomorrow!) so that i can then start reading the books again!

Satellitegirl
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
By the end of the prince's tale sequence, pretty much my whole theater was doing some level of crying. It was a strange experience of mass self-conscientious trying-to-be-quiet sniffling. :lol:

During that part, I had a wet spots on my shirt from tears dripping. lol

nerdycool
07-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Outside of the first 2 movies, which were pretty much point on, I think that DH 1 & 2 did the best job of keeping close to the book. Yeah, there were things that were changed/omitted, but I didn't leave the theatre thinking, "that was absolutely nothing like the book," like I had with movies 3-6. And to die-hard HP fans, to start out with faithful screen adaptions on 1 & 2, it's very disappointing to have the whole movie franchise move away from the books like they did. I don't know if it's because they got new directors or if the writers willfully took it in a new direction, but those middle movies are generally a big let down.

So now that I've seen all the movies, I'll rank them. Because that's what I do. :) Numbers within (#) is my book ranking.
1. Sorcerer's Stone (2) - Loved the book and loved how the movie brought it to life.
2. Deathly Hallows I (1) - I like how they set up part II, and one gets the feeling of fear just watching it. Hermione wasn't nearly as annoying, too.
3. Deathly Hallows II (1) - Once they got to Hogwarts, even though you know essentially what will happen, you are still sitting in suspense.
4. Half-Blood Prince (4) - I appreciated the return of humor after the blackness of OoP. The trio's acting was markedly better, too, especially Daniel.
5. Prisoner of Azkaban (5) - I like how this movie can basically stand on its own.
6. Order of the Phoenix (6) - A little too dark for my taste.
7. Goblet of Fire (3) - Biggest movie disappointment. GoF is one of my favorite books, so I was excited to see what they'd do with the movie. Sigh. There was no sense of magic, only a sense of hokiness. The only thing they got right was Voldemort's return.
8. Chamber of Secrets (7) - Even though it's a fairly faithful movie, I dislike it the most simply because I dislike the book the most.

VIETgrlTerifa
07-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Salon.com did a ranking of the HP films and here is what they came up with. You can read how they determined the order at the site as well.

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/movies/feature/2011/07/15/harry_potter_critics

Keep in mind that they're watching the films with a film critic's POV and not necessarily a reader's POV.

I have to say that there is no such thing as a perfect Potter film (not that there would have been one anyway), but the one that came closest in terms of atmosphere and look of JK's world was Prisoner of Azkaban. Say what you will about the butchering of the Shrieking Shack reveal (a huge misstep) and Hermione's characterization, but I felt Alfonso Cuaron understood the world much better than any of the other directors (I thought it was also a wink to Cuaron when JK Rowling added a talking shrunken head in the 7th book) even if he and Kloves decided to take a drastic turn with the storytelling.

I disagree with their too-high rankings of OotP and GoF.

The first two had all the ingredients to appease the fans, but I thought Columbus totally missed the point about the way the scenes played out (one big thing was the lack of reaction to Malfoy calling Hermione a mudblood which is incredible in the book and no reaction whatsoever in the film). They were also so stilted, wooden, and went for lame jokes and laughs. Oh, and SuperHermione! didn't start out in PoA even if that film was where it was most blatant, but I remember feeling that way in CoS when she got all of Ron's lines. I also think people have revisionist history with the first two because I remember people bagging on those films when they came out at various Potter forums and hated how schmaltzy and sentimental they made the endings compared to the book (like Hagrid getting a standing ovation at Hogwarts in the end of CoS and Harry hugging him in front of the whole school...really?)