PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Satellitegirl
07-18-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Emma-Watson-Doing-Beauty-And-The-Beast-With-Guillermo-Del-Toro-25741.html

Emma is going to be in Beauty and the Beast, and Guillermo Del Toro(Pan's Labyrinth) is attached to it in some way, as well. :)

rfisher
07-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Then there are always people like my fiancÚ who can't stand the changes and felt compelled to mutter "this movie ****ing sucks" during the final Harry vs. Voldermort scene. :shuffle:

We could have sat together because I was muttering the same. And rolling my eyes a lot. It's good I opted out of the 3D or I'd have been muttering louder. :lol:

rfisher
07-18-2011, 09:06 PM
How can you tell when scenes are cut for time vs. the screenwriter considering their version better?

I meant when scenes in the book don't appear in the movies. I've read the books so often, I know exactly when something was changed. One thing that had me muttering in the movie was when Ron essentially asked Harry's permission to go get the basilisk's fang. The whole point of that was that he thought of it and the kiss was because he said they should let the houseelves know what was happening so they could leave. That's when Hermione kissed him because of his maturity as a character. Book Ron was much less the clueless comic sidekick than he's been portrayed in the movies and even then they gave Hermione some of his best lines.

my little pony
07-18-2011, 09:15 PM
rfisher, i'm going back again tonight for my second viewing :P

to me, the movies are just souvenirs of the books like my hot topic t shirts. i'm just happy to have them but i would never expect them to be as great as the books.

rfisher
07-18-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll save the $20 and buy the DVD. And never open the packaging as I have for 5 and 6.

I'm hoping Potterverse becomes worthwhile. And, I'd like to go to Potterland. I think that would be fun once.

vesperholly
07-18-2011, 10:53 PM
That's one thing I hated in the movie thought : they didn't spend much time on some of the deaths like Lupin & Tonks.

The book didn't either, IIRC - we didn't even "see" their deaths. It was Lupin and Tonks participating in the fight, then later Harry sees their bodies.

Also, the epilogue completely left out James Sirius Potter, their oldest child.

IceAlisa
07-18-2011, 11:03 PM
I meant when scenes in the book don't appear in the movies. I've read the books so often, I know exactly when something was changed. One thing that had me muttering in the movie was when Ron essentially asked Harry's permission to go get the basilisk's fang. The whole point of that was that he thought of it and the kiss was because he said they should let the houseelves know what was happening so they could leave. That's when Hermione kissed him because of his maturity as a character. Book Ron was much less the clueless comic sidekick than he's been portrayed in the movies and even then they gave Hermione some of his best lines.

That could be done to cut down on time/center focus on Harry. It's often the case in adaptation that supporting cast has their limelight shifted back onto the main character. But I do agree the movie Ron is a bit more annoying than the book Ron. I am not a fan of Ron in general. :D

michiruwater
07-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Also, the epilogue completely left out James Sirius Potter, their oldest child.

No it didn't. He was there. All three children were with them walking to the Platform, and then the three children - Rose, James, and Albus - were sitting together on the train. He didn't have any lines though (but neither did any of the other children).

They put in Ron and Hermione asking Harry about the fang because the non-book audience would barely remember Movie #2 at this point. It helped clarify it, just a little. And they couldn't have had the kiss be because of the houseelves because SPEW was almost entirely cut because really, although it's nice in the book, in the total plotline it's not that important. And they have to cut things out.

So I'm forgiving, but clearly, rfisher, you're not :lol: There's just no real way to ever do a movie the way you seem to wish it could be done. A lot of what is charming in the book would drag on the screen.

Did Lavender die in the book?

4rkidz
07-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I absolutely loved the final Harry Potter.. the whole saga has impacted on our lives as our daughter is 21 and has always been the same age as the characters and a huge fan.. in fact for her 21st we took her to Harry Potter world in Florida - which was amazing... I felt like her childhood had come to an end in many ways like the characters ..

but she loves to continue to read the books and watch the movies when she away at school for her own comfort.. I especially appreciated the whole audience at the movie on the weekend who erupted into applause at the end.. so sweet... nice to watch a movie for a change that did live up for me to the expectations of the book :cool:

rfisher
07-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Did Lavender die in the book?
It was unclear. Greyback was attacking her when Hermione blasted him. JKR didn't list her among the dead.

I've always been annoyed they left out Kreacher's story in part one as it was one of my favorite parts of the book. :drama:

And, as I said, I didn't have problems with all the movies, only 3-7. The first one is the only one I've watched multiple times. I loved it.

michiruwater
07-19-2011, 01:55 AM
I can't watch the first two, actually. I think they're the most faithful but also the most boring of the movies.

My favorites are 3 and 4, and now this one. 5 and 6 had some changes that did, actually, irk me quite a bit.

I was a little surprised that Ron barely reacted upon seeing Lavender in the movie. I mean, she was his girlfriend, even if totally crazy. And that's a horrible way to die.

rfisher
07-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Well apart from the basilisk, the first two books didn't go for the glory ending. They were more about Harry's contrast between Privet Drive and discovering the magic of being a wizard. She definitely added the big screen flourishes for the last 3 books since the movie options had already been sold.

I have a horrible fear about Lee Child's Jack Reacher series. All the books have been optioned and Tom Cruise apparently wants the role of Reacher. :yikes: Since he's a midget and Reacher is 6'4" I don't see anything good coming from this. The absolutle last actor who should be cast in the role is Cruise.

michiruwater
07-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Plus Cruise is crazy.

I think the end of the first two books definitely have glory endings, especially the 2nd. Harry vs. a huge freaking snake in this old, ridiculously glorious chamber while saving the life of his future wife with a big freaking sword? Complete with waves and climbing a huge statue of Salazar Slytherin? Definitely a glory ending, and unlike the next 5 books it was a glory ending without a huge dark cloud hanging over it steadily growing larger.

IceAlisa
07-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Either brilliant minds think alike or The Fug Girls read FSU: http://gofugyourself.com/harry-potter-and-the-fugly-hallows-part-fug-07-2011/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-new-york-premiere-arrivals-3

mkats
07-19-2011, 02:11 AM
It was unclear. Greyback was attacking her when Hermione blasted him. JKR didn't list her among the dead.

IIRC he was "blasted away from the faintly stirring body" or something like that, so I don't think she died.