PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

genevieve
06-30-2010, 09:47 PM
And I am personally quite excited for NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH.
Ugh, I thought that was a really weak line thrown into an otherwise excellent book (the sentiment I was fine with but it was too much of an Alien Saga ripoff).

I'm just really curious about exactly where in the book they'll slipt up the films. There's such a bunch of non-action in the middle of the book... I'm worried that we're going to see a lot more added to both films to pad them out. But I just really don't want to overall timeline screwed with -- the trailer clearly says it's for Part 1, but the biggest scene we see is from the very end of the book.

Agree that if Neville's part in the end is changed there will be hell to pay.

ChelleC
06-30-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm just really curious about exactly where in the book they'll slipt up the films. There's such a bunch of non-action in the middle of the book... I'm worried that we're going to see a lot more added to both films to pad them out. But I just really don't want to overall timeline screwed with -- the trailer clearly says it's for Part 1, but the biggest scene we see is from the very end of the book.

I think the first part ends with them being captured by the snatchers.

nerdycool
06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm also curious to see where they split it. Judging from what they've given us in the trailer, it could be that Voldemort will AK Harry and the first part will end with all the Death Eaters standing around an unconscious Harry. I really hope it's not though, because that part is near the end and after the first battle of Hogwarts. That would leave very little for the second movie, relatively speaking. Just the Nagini part, 2nd battle, the death of Voldemort, the aftermath, and the epilogue. Not much at all.

My hope is that they'll cut it with the trio going into Hogsmeade. That way they'll have plenty of time for the battle at Hogwarts and the death scenes in the second movie, and everything in the first half won't be so rushed.

It could be that they threw that part in there to confuse everyone. And it worked!

KatieC
06-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I've always regretted that they cut out the scenes with the PM at Downing St. They added a bit of lightness that I liked. It also sort of connected the two worlds - Muggle/Non Muggle.

genevieve
06-30-2010, 11:57 PM
I would have liked to see that, but I understand why they cut it - it was a lot of exposition, not a ton of action.

Autumm_wind
07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Ugh, I thought that was a really weak line thrown into an otherwise excellent book (the sentiment I was fine with but it was too much of an Alien Saga ripoff).

I still wish Bellatrix last duel was more with Casey Fcukin' Ryback than Jamie Olivier. :o

Otherwise I understand the reasoning behind it, too.

NinjaTurtles
07-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Woah peeps, the trailer didn't show any part of Nagini being chopped - it's just rapid editing. The snake scene must be from Godric's Hollow (hence being inside a small upstairs room) and then rapid edit to Harry and Ron outside in a dark forest (hence completely different scenes) with the locket horcurx.

I'm just really curious about exactly where in the book they'll slipt up the films.

The director and other people involved with the films mentioned the split being when they are captured by the snatchers - having a suspenseful ending in mind. However, recently Yates mentioned changing their minds about the split and going for a more "emotional" ending; which people seem to be hinting is Dobby's burial.

ETA: If it is indeed Dobby's burial that would mean the majority of DH 2 will be at Hogwarts. The only other major action sequence following Shell Cottage is Gringotts. That sounds reasonable when considering the desire to have the battle of Hogwarts be an epic event, but it makes me wonder what DH 1 will be like -from beginning to Shell Cottage that is A LOT of stuff to fit in.

ChelleC
07-01-2010, 06:42 PM
The director and other people involved with the films mentioned the split being when they are captured by the snatchers - having a suspenseful ending in mind. However, recently Yates mentioned changing their minds about the split and going for a more "emotional" ending; which people seem to be hinting is Dobby's burial.

I guess they really want people to come out of the theater sobbing. :(

My personal opinion has always been the ideal place to split TDH is either before or after they are taken to Malfoy manor. So either scenario works for me.

vesperholly
07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I seem to remember pictures of Shell Cottage being leaked ages ago, so I think the split occurring right after Dobby's burial sounds right to me.

star_gazer11
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I've always regretted that they cut out the scenes with the PM at Downing St. They added a bit of lightness that I liked. It also sort of connected the two worlds - Muggle/Non Muggle.

Yes! Loved these bits in the books as well. Hurry up, November.

genevieve
07-01-2010, 10:30 PM

ETA: If it is indeed Dobby's burial that would mean the majority of DH 2 will be at Hogwarts. The only other major action sequence following Shell Cottage is Gringotts. That sounds reasonable when considering the desire to have the battle of Hogwarts be an epic event, but it makes me wonder what DH 1 will be like -from beginning to Shell Cottage that is A LOT of stuff to fit in.

I think it makes sense to have Dobby's burial being the ending for the first film...although that's gonna make a movie that starts and ends with a lot of sadness.

I think we're gonna get a lot less Number 12 Grimmauld Place, and less time in the woods. Both of these locations were mostly prep for what was to come, and the woods in particular was setting an atmosphere that isn't going to translate as well on film. Unfortunately I think we'll lose the change in how the kids relate to Kreature (and he to them). It was a great part of the book but not directly necessary for the action parts.

IceAlisa
07-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Ugh, I thought that was a really weak line thrown into an otherwise excellent book (the sentiment I was fine with but it was too much of an Alien Saga ripoff). I am so glad I am not the only one to think so.

rjblue
07-02-2010, 03:40 AM
I have to re-read Deathly Hallows now...

skatemomaz
07-02-2010, 04:07 AM
I have to re-read Deathly Hallows now...

I'm re-reading the whole series from the start.

IceAlisa
07-02-2010, 04:09 AM
DH article: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-hermiones-hand-cleaned-up-for-theaters.html