PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

vesperholly
07-15-2011, 08:08 PM
My theater was pretty raucous, but not in an obnoxious way. I actually enjoyed being in a theater with hardcore fans - made me wish HP would have been around when I was in high school so I could've spotted fellow nerds more easily :) There was a guy sitting down the row from me dressed as Dobby and a few in Hogwarts uniforms, but most other people wore regular HP shirts or scarves.

Big cheers for Molly's line to Bellatrix, Ron and Hermione's kiss, Neville taunting the Death Eaters at the bridge, Neville killing the snake and several others. McGonagall got some great stuff in - when she stepped in front of Harry in the Great Hall, there was a small "whoo" cheer, and her line about always wanting to use a spell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3UOovLYos) got a big laugh. A lot of "awws" for Snape's memories.

Things I was disappointed not to see: Harry asking Ollivander to repair his wand and later repairing it with the Elder Wand, the Ravenclaw common room, any dialogue at all from the Carrows :shuffle:, McGonagall leading the desks to battle. But they're all minor quibbles, nothing that I couldn't live without.

LadyGray
07-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Good golly, People, I'm blubbering just reading your reviews and watching the links :wuzrobbed

victoriaheidi
07-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Things I was disappointed not to see: Harry asking Ollivander to repair his wand and later repairing it with the Elder Wand, the Ravenclaw common room, any dialogue at all from the Carrows :shuffle:, McGonagall leading the desks to battle. But they're all minor quibbles, nothing that I couldn't live without.

I noticed that there was almost *no* dialogue from the supporting characters. Tonks didn't have any lines; Ginny only had two or three; Bella's only line was something in the woods; Draco was barely in the film; the list goes on and on...

Twizzler
07-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Good golly, People, I'm blubbering just reading your reviews and watching the links :wuzrobbed

Me too!!!

nubka
07-15-2011, 10:01 PM
After OOTP I wanted Harry and Luna to get together, but then HBP killed that dream. :blah:

In my head, Neville and Luna dated for a while, but they couldn't keep a long distance relationship together as she is a world traveling magical creature naturalist and he spends most of the year at Hogwarts as a professor. They're still great friends and try to have lunch together every year or so, whenever she makes it back to the UK.

Wait... is it weird for me to think this stuff out?

Me, too! I always wanted Luna and Harry to get together. :)

FigureSpins
07-15-2011, 10:16 PM
I wanted Luna to be with Neville, but iirc, that's not how they end up in the books.

I just reorganized my many bookshelves to put the various series back together. Alas, my copy of the UK Philosopher's Stone is nowhere to be found. Maybe my oldest DD has it in her apartment. Hmmm...my birthday's coming, maybe I should ask for a full set of paperbacks.

When we were walking to the car last night, someone drove by and yelled "Avada Kadavra" at us. I yelled back "Stupify! Oh wait, too late..." It took my kids a while to realize the implication.

victoriaheidi
07-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I wanted Luna to be with Neville, but iirc, that's not how they end up in the books.

I just reorganized my many bookshelves to put the various series back together. Alas, my copy of the UK Philosopher's Stone is nowhere to be found. Maybe my oldest DD has it in her apartment. Hmmm...my birthday's coming, maybe I should ask for a full set of paperbacks.

When we were walking to the car last night, someone drove by and yelled "Avada Kadavra" at us. I yelled back "Stupify! Oh wait, too late..." It took my kids a while to realize the implication.

I always thought that Neville and Luna would make a good couple! But Neville ends up marrying Hannah Abbot and Luna ends up with a naturalist. Just seems random, IMO.

My sister and I had a full-on duel in the lobby of the theater. I kept hitting her with the Confundus Charm and she kept trying to figure out how to get me back. Finally, I just threw some Cruciatus Curses her way. :) Dressing up as Bella has its advantages!

Amy L
07-15-2011, 10:26 PM
There was a Voldemort in the lobby where I went. He was AK'ing people all over the place. :lol:

I love Luna, and I love Neville, but them together is just too "neat". Pairing off all of the main sextet is just too... perfect, imo. Not everyone in the books have to be married with kids before they're 25.

FigureSpins
07-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I agree, as a couple for life, Luna nd Neville are "too neat" a way to tie up the loose ends, but they could dated for a while, as the movie indicated and Amy L's fan fiction is a nice idea. I like it, even though it's fan fiction.

When the HP phenomena hit the internet, people started asking Rowling if Hermione would end up with Ron or Harry. I wonder if the couples she created were made mid-stream to answer those questions? She may not have started the series with lovematches in mind.

I remember the online 'shipping wars - I had no idea that people would take characters that seriously. Mugglenet's "In Your Face" editorial telling the H:H shippers off was shocking to me. I think that Rowling addressed it when Book 3 came out, saying that she had never intended to mislead anyone, that they had read into her words too much.

IceAlisa
07-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I have always wanted Harry and Hermione to get together. I feel Hermione is too good for Ron. Plus, Dan and Emma's on screen chemistry in DH 1 (the dancing and the make out session Ron "saw") seemed more convincing than anything she had with Rupert Grint.

Amy L
07-16-2011, 12:37 AM
I never saw Harry with Hermione. Without Ron around, Harry thinks Hermione is boring to be with. As for on-screen chemistry, that's hard to cast when there were 11 year olds involved. Other than creepy child betrothal connotations, the couples weren't set up until the later books when the movies had already started.

Though my favorite "ship" is actually the Trio themselves. Not in a threeway sort of thing, but the friendship is amazing. It especially struck me at the end of the movie with the 3 of them on the bridge holding hands. If I still had the ability to feel emotions, I might have made me misty. :lol:

vesperholly
07-16-2011, 01:22 AM
When the HP phenomena hit the internet, people started asking Rowling if Hermione would end up with Ron or Harry. I wonder if the couples she created were made mid-stream to answer those questions? She may not have started the series with lovematches in mind.

Didn't Rowling say the epilogue was one of the first things she wrote? I can believe it, as it doesn't show the same caliber of writing that she had developed by Book 7.

I think the Harry/Hermione 'shipping is all from Dan and Emma having such good chemistry on-screen. Bonnie Wright isn't as good an actress as Watson, and wasn't given much of a chance since a lot of her scenes were removed from the films - not to mention deliberate insertions of H/H stuff, like Hermione coming to the tent in GOF before the dragons, which did not happen in the book.

Skittl1321
07-16-2011, 02:05 AM
I think the early film makers didn't know who Rowling had paired together, so they just assumed as main characters Hermoine and Harry should be a couple (Ron's a sidekick, Hermoine must be a love interest), the early movies have such a H/H OTP tone that the books never seemed to give off.

I do feel the supporting cast gets screwed by these movies. Poor Ginny has almost no character development (or lines...) I read Helena Bonham Carter didn't want to come back after the first movie because the character was so unimportant, but JK assured her that Bellatrix was a major plot point. From what I've heard (haven't seen it, since my midnight show plans fell apart -grr- I probably won't, as a book purist I don't really enjoy the movies, I'm torn on whether or not to see this as "the last one") she doesn't have much to say in the last movie afterall.

BigB08822
07-16-2011, 02:32 AM
Skittl1231, I am also a book purist but still go see the last film. I think it is worth it and is definitely one of the better films.

My big problem: Was anyone else confused with the ending when Harry was or wasn't dead? Draco's mom leans over Harry and says something like "Is he dead, Draco, is he dead?" Was he hiding nearby, did he do something with the Resurrection stone? I should know as I read the book but I never re-read the last book so it has been a very long time. I vaguely remember the Malfoys redeeming themselves but can't remember details and the movie did not help me understand. I can only imagine how confusing that whole scene was for people who didn't read the books. They really never explain how or why Harry comes back to life.

zippy
07-16-2011, 03:01 AM
I'm pretty sure I've read that Rowling did intentionally weave a bit of an undertone of a Harry/Hermione potential relationship, although obviously she always intended for Hermione and Ron to finally end up together. In this interview she pointed out a couple scenes in Deathly Hallows where the tension between Harry and Hermione sort of spiked - both were when Ron had left. One was when Hermione tousled Harry's hair on her way back into the tent, and I think the other was in the graveyard at Godric's Hollow. The implication was that if Ron hadn't decided to come back he and Hermione might never have happened, going back to her theme of choices determining your future (just like Harry had to decide whether to be good or bad, etc.). So I think a bit of chemistry between H/H in the movies is fair enough, although it's unfortunate Hermione and Ron don't seem to have quite as much chemistry as they should have. Anyway, I always preferred Harry/Luna to Harry/Ginny too - Ginny never seemed to have much personality in the books, either.