PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

KatieC
07-15-2011, 03:21 AM
I don't think I'll chance coming back in this thread til Saturday evening. Just better to keep it fresh and not go in with any opinions. I do get the impression this movie is wholly battle scenes, but I hope there's more to it than that. The end of the book has a lot more than battles.

IceAlisa
07-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Looks like the critics love it. I can hardly wait (and I will be waiting one more week since I don't want to brave the crowds).

lmarie086
07-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Just got back from the midnight showing. If the critics love it, it's for good reason. Absolutely amazing! IMO it was the strongest film of the entire series. I loved it.

And now I don't know what to do now that the Harry Potter era is over. The movies started when I was 11, and now I'm 21...I still just want more!

FigureSpins
07-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Loved it - brilliant! Talked DH into going again at the drive-in tomorrow night. They're having a costume contest that my twins want to enter. The line tonight stretched all the way around the theater - we could see the entrance from the end of the line. All 14 theaters sold out and people were selling/buying tickets from the line. HP scalpers - who knew?

Minor complaints: (Spoilers)

I didn't like the ending (the book version was far more noble,) but it had already been spoiled for me, so no biggie. I thought the Molly:Bellatrix duel was better in the book. Then again, I've always thought Bonham Carter made Bellatrix more zany than scary. I loved, loved, loved the Gringotts and Room of Requirement scenes. The epilogue "look" was convincing.

Every time I started tearing up, I cracked up instead because I heard my drama queen teenager blubbering two seats away!
Just ruined the moment for me.

icewalker08
07-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Severus Snape Wins 'Harry Potter' World Cup!:

Snape voted greatest "Potter" character in MTV poll :D

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/07/12/harry-potter-world-cup-severus-snape-wins/

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/books/5290932/Snape-voted-greatest-Potter-character

vesperholly
07-15-2011, 08:09 AM
I thought it was GREAT! I didn't cry because I'm dead inside ;) but the whole thing was very, very well done. The music was great, and Snape :wuzrobbed

Lynn226
07-15-2011, 08:56 AM
And now I don't know what to do now that the Harry Potter era is over. The movies started when I was 11, and now I'm 21...I still just want more!

Maybe Jo will publish a full version of Rita Skeeter's book about Dumbledore.

I'm at a 3:05 showing. I leave for work at 5:30, so it's good timing.

Amy L
07-15-2011, 09:01 AM
I thought it was GREAT! I didn't cry because I'm dead inside ;)

Ha, same here! I could hear sniffles throughout the movie (and I heard one kid outright bawling in horror at the first bloody image), but I didn't get even slightly misty. I did like the movie though!

A question for anyone - - who got the most applause where you saw it? McGonnagal got the first big laugh, then Molly and Neville got HUUUUUGE cheers! And I didn't know if the film makers meant for it to happen but the whole theatre was giggling throughout the entire epilogue scene.

Oooh, and one question... I don't know why Harry bothered to mention Remus & Tonks' son. I doubt any non book-readers even remember the tiny mention in movie 1, and I don't recall seeing any glimpses of Teddy in the epilogue scene. Or did I just miss it??

BigB08822
07-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Loved it, very glad I bit the bullet and went to the midnight showing. The theater was VERY well organized and we were able to all sit together. Got there at 10, never been at the theater for that long of a time, haha

Amy L
07-15-2011, 09:26 AM
I arrived an hour and a half early, but the only seats available were at the ends of the first 3 rows. I have a crick in my neck that probably won't go away any time soon. :( It was crazy crowded! The local 12 multiplex was showing the movie on all of the screens. I went to the midnight release of GOF and it wasn't so crowded back then! Not even the book release for DH had as many people.

I was hoping that living in the Bible Belt would make some room. :lol: I know at least a dozen people that think the HP books are nothing but manuals on Satanism... but I guess it's good to know that there are a thousand other heathens around here.:angryfire:rofl:

ChelleC
07-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I was hoping that living in the Bible Belt would make some room. :lol: I know at least a dozen people that think the HP books are nothing but manuals on Satanism... but I guess it's good to know that there are a thousand other heathens around here.:angryfire:rofl:

LOL, I posted the Story of Snape link to my facebook wall yesterday yesterday, and someone commented, "Why be excited over witchcraft? It brings more darkness into lives that need God's light to walk and see by." :blah:

I decided to ignore, because I'm nice like that. :lol: But I really :rolleyes: when I read it.

Gil-Galad
07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I went yesterday!! It was half-empty - that was to be expected because it was the original language version and 5 p.m.. I very much enjoyed it, didn't cry though. I still prefer HP 7.1, mainly because of the emotional depth they brought to it. But that didn't prevent me from thoroughly enjoying this.

Stormy
07-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I expected to cry and didn't, although several people around me were. I think it was the fact they didn't linger on the death scenes, some people were just shown very briefly and you (I) didn't have a chance to really get into the sadness of the scene because it was over so quickly.

There was lots of shouting and cheering throughout the movie. Biggest cheers were when Molly got Bellatrix and then Neville sliced Nagini.

I actually though the movie felt a little rushed. They could have made it a half hour longer and it would have had time to have a bigger emotional impact, IMO.

The funniest thing was about 45 minutes before it started, two girls ran down to the front of the theater and screamed "TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON!" and ran back and forth.

victoriaheidi
07-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I cried! I had the most amazing night. Since people tell me that I look like HBC, I dressed up in a full Bellatrix costume and ran around the lobby of the theater shouting, "I killed Sirius Black...I killed Sirius Black!" For some reason, the theaters weren't open until the very last minute (for the record, every screen in the complex but one played Harry Potter at midnight; one played it at 12:35; and several others played it again at 3 AM), so people were running around outside, singing from AVPM and taking photos with the people who were dressed up (my friend Natasha kept calling me a "celebrity" because people kept asking to take photos with me! :p).

When the theaters did open, we all went in and my sister reminded everyone that, at the end of the film, we're supposed to raise our wands and yell, "mischief managed!" After all the trailers, the movie began...

As Stormy said, there was laughing, screaming, cheering, tons of excitement. We had similar biggest cheers (Molly and Bellatrix in general was a big moment-as soon as Molly jumped on the table, everyone was screaming!), but we also had one when Ron and Hermione kissed in the Chamber of Secrets.

I was a little sad about the things that were left out (there is one scene in particular that I've always loved, and I was sad when it was done differently...it's the scene where Harry goes back to the headmaster's office after the battle and he talks to the paintings, repairs his wand with the Elder Wand, tells Dumbledore that he's going to re-bury the wand and abandon the Deathly Hallows, etc. In the movie, Harry just breaks the Elder Wand in half and throws it off the side of the castle...my sister and I kept joking that wands must be overrated if you're Harry Potter. ;))

Oh, I remembered another favorite of mine (and a favorite within the theater)...even though it isn't true to JK Rowling's words: Neville and Luna! He runs off to tell her that he loves her and, after the battle, she sits down next to him and I think we're supposed to believe that Neville and Luna live happily ever after. Rowling had Neville marrying Hannah Abbot and Luna marrying some naturalist, but now I'm sure my friends and I weren't the only ones who always wanted Neville and Luna to get together, and the movie made it happen!

Amy L
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
After OOTP I wanted Harry and Luna to get together, but then HBP killed that dream. :blah:

In my head, Neville and Luna dated for a while, but they couldn't keep a long distance relationship together as she is a world traveling magical creature naturalist and he spends most of the year at Hogwarts as a professor. They're still great friends and try to have lunch together every year or so, whenever she makes it back to the UK.

Wait... is it weird for me to think this stuff out?