PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Satellitegirl
07-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Time to plan a trip to Harry Potter world at Universal lol

rfisher
07-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd love to go. I want to drink butterbeer in the three broomsticks or the Leaky Caldron. I'm not going this weekend. We're waiting until the middle of the week or next weekend so the crowds aren't so bad. I stood in line for 3 hours to get tickets to the first film. I went on opening day for the 2nd. I've waited up to two weeks for all the others. I can delay my disappointment a day or two. :lol:

Satellitegirl
07-11-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't think I can be disappointed in the last one. It's been a whole journey and I like the actors so well.

all_empty
07-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Photos from tonight's New York premiere:

http://www.toofab.com/2011/07/11/harry-potter-mania-hits-new-york/

They are just so likable!

IceAlisa
07-12-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't recall Daniel Radcliffe looking so pasty white.

BigB08822
07-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Ugh, I got talked into going to the midnight premiere. I swore I would never do it again but here I go. Well, it is the last one so I might as well say I saw every single on in the theater and a couple of them at midnight. I agreed to go because I really doubted whether I would make it to the theater to see it this summer. I want to keep my record intact of seeing them all at the theater but there are so many other movies I want to see and this one is WAY down on the list. I just did not care for part 1 at all.

all_empty
07-12-2011, 01:40 AM

That's what my friend said!

There a scene in the final movie where he (very minor spoiler) goes to shore to changes out of his wet clothes and is definitely paler than Rupert, who is pretty fair skinned.

The poor kid lives in London and New York (where he probably sleeps during the day). He's going to be pretty white lol.

kwanfan1818
07-12-2011, 05:59 AM
It was really hot and humid in NYC today. I'm not sure spray-on tan wouldn't have melted off.

The entire Lincoln Center area was packed to the gills with people tonight, with mostly everyone trying to get a glimpse of the stars. Every once in a while there would be a wave of cheers. The only way to get to the Metropolitan Opera Box Office was through the subway tunnel that goes to the Concourse level of the house and the secret doors leading to the escalator to the Met lobby. (The Mariinsky is playing at the Met this week, and tonight was opening night with Ratmansky's "Anna Karenina" with Diana Vishneva.)

There were probably more police there than in entire downtown Vancouver during the 7th game of the Stanley Cup final...

victoriaheidi
07-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Time to plan a trip to Harry Potter world at Universal lol

I went last April! I had an amazing time. The only thing is that there's going to be a line for EVERYTHING (Ollivander's, the rides, Butterbeer, the Owl Post, the Hogwarts Express, everything)...but we still managed to have an amazing time wandering through Hogsmeade. I heard a rumor that the remaining portion of the Lost Continent will be turned into Diagon Alley and that there's potential for a Gringott's ride (personally, I've been thinking about a Gringott's ride forever. That and the Knight Bus).

If you want to see my photos, PM me.

IceJunkie
07-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Seems like the initial reviews are overwhelmingly positive so far. I couldn't help but notice the two "rotten" reviews on rottentomatoes were from the same website. What exactly is a "urban cinefile"?

rottentomatoes.com (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_ii/)

Moka-Ananas
07-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Can't wait!
Gonna see it tonight in a double feature. Both parts of DH one after another :)
I'm so excited!

VIETgrlTerifa
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Seems like the initial reviews are overwhelmingly positive so far. I couldn't help but notice the two "rotten" reviews on rottentomatoes were from the same website. What exactly is a "urban cinefile"?

rottentomatoes.com (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_ii/)

Wow, those are some glorious reviews. Maybe a Best Picture nomination isn't out of the question now, however, now that they increased the number to 10, it isn't as difficult to obtain as it was in the past.

ETA: I say that, but apparently the Academy changed the rules a bit and now a movie has to have 5% of the Academy nominating a movie as the no. 1 choice on their nomination ballot in order to even be in contention for a Best Picture nod...interesting.

http://www.thewrap.com/awards/column-post/new-best-picture-rules-could-discard-hundreds-ballots-or-more-28412

BTW, I didn't know Cars 2 received such horrible reviews. It's sort of nice to know that even Pixar can miss the mark.

Sarah
07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I went last April! I had an amazing time. The only thing is that there's going to be a line for EVERYTHING (Ollivander's, the rides, Butterbeer, the Owl Post, the Hogwarts Express, everything)...but we still managed to have an amazing time wandering through Hogsmeade. I heard a rumor that the remaining portion of the Lost Continent will be turned into Diagon Alley and that there's potential for a Gringott's ride (personally, I've been thinking about a Gringott's ride forever. That and the Knight Bus).

If you want to see my photos, PM me.

I loved it! I went in February and actually didn't have too many long lines (actually walked right into the castle a couple times with no wait). But, it was a lot of fun and I definitely recommend it! Diagon Alley would be great as would Gringott's.

skaternum
07-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Photos from tonight's New York premiere:

http://www.toofab.com/2011/07/11/harry-potter-mania-hits-new-york/

Somebody tell Rex that Aunt Sandy was there. :scream:

FigureSpins
07-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm probably the only one, but I didn't like Emma Watson's gown. The dress looked like a fitting sample with the frayed, mismatched fabrics and the tacked-on skirt. I know, I know, it's Haute Couteur, which escapes my imagination.

Rupert Grint looked hung over - maybe he was jet-lagged.