PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

FigureSpins
07-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I looked for a 2D IMAX and couldn't find one, so I asked our local IMAX theater manager. He confirmed that the only options are 2D/reg screen, 3D/reg screen and 3D/IMAX. DH despises 3D, so we're going to the 2D version for the midnight showing. Just as well: last movie apparently sold out 12 of the regular theaters for the midnight show. I'm sure the the IMAX theater will be packed.

The kids and I will go see HP on IMAX/3D on our own another day.

As for what it will look like watching 3D IMAX without glasses...no idea. I would expect it to be blurry.

aka_gerbil
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks! I was suspecting that what you found out was the case.

I'm not sure what we're going to do yet; regular 2D or IMAX 3D.

michiruwater
07-04-2011, 10:14 PM
I wanted to do the 12:01 IMAX 3D showing for my final HP film, but all of my friends despise 3D (as do I, really), so we opted for the first 2D showing at 12:10.

Still, I'm a little peeved that there isn't a 2D IMAX offering. I've never been to an IMAX screen.

genevieve
07-05-2011, 10:47 PM
The friend I will be seeing HP with has reduced vision in one eye and can't see 3-D, so I hope there's a 2-D version playing so we don't have to pay extra (I only like 3-D in films that were specifically designed for it).

To prepare for the final movie I rented out OoTP and DH Pt 1 (HBP was rented out, boo). I was reminded how utterly wrong I think the characterization of Umbridge is in the films, but especially how freakin great DH Pt 1 is. Yes, I noticed the changes from the book and of course there's a lot that had to be left out, but it really felt like a great adaptation. Hard to believe it's the same director as OoTP, but perhaps with the extra time he was able to get a better handle on the material. I can't wait for part 2!!

NinjaTurtles
07-05-2011, 10:55 PM
They're also doing RealD 3D showings, as most theaters don't have an IMAX screen.

victoriaheidi
07-07-2011, 01:12 AM
If anyone's in LA, the LA Times is hosting a screening of the film on July 13. David Yates will also hold a Q&A after the screening.

The film is at the Howard Hughes Promenade. I can't find the link on this computer, but you do have to RSVP somewhere. If you really want to go, I'd suggest getting there REALLY early (the check-in opens at 6 PM for a 7:30 PM screening, but you guys know as well as I do that people will arrive VERY early!).

Just thought I'd throw that out in case anyone's interested.

FigureSpins
07-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Live stream on Facebook of the London movie premiere -- starts in five minutes.

http://www.facebook.com/harrypottermovie?sk=app_141038612607789

antmanb
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
If it's the whole thing, can we watch without the glasses and it be 2D?

Thanks in advance (for answering all of my dumb questions)!

I just watched the Green Lantern on 3D (it was RealD). First time i've seen anything in 3D. I took the glasses off to check and things intended to be in the foreground or background compared to the focal point were blurry but watchable, (not that i'd pay to see such a blurry film).

I don't want to watch Harry Potter in 3D because watching the Green Lantern, when the screen got busy with lots of images going by quickly it all got very blurry and I found myself aware of blind spots in your eyes....it was a very weird sensation.

Satellitegirl
07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/red-carpet/gallery/3490/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows--part-2-uk-premiere#photo8 pictures from the premiere. Love the pic of the twins. Emma looks stunning. LOVE the dress.

Wish I could say the same thing for JK Rowling...what the crap was she wearing. It looks like she wrapped up in her bedspread and carried a water bottle for a handbag :scream:

FigureSpins
07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
They're replaying the live stream from the red carpet on that facebook link I posted above.

It was AWESOME! The interviews were really good, along with the speeches.

Dan Radcliffe asked JK to write another book, to the crowd's absolute delight.

Later on, Jo Rowling said that "[HP} is my baby and I can take it out and play with it when I want." She said that she MIGHT write another HP book, but then she said she was only kidding. Such a tease.

Emma Watson and Jo Rowling started tearing up when Rupert Grint gave a speech and thanked everyone for the opportunity and experience.

Very sweet, but I was hoping to see the movie...

The Twins were really funny; they stayed out there signing autographs for over an hour. They wore different colored suits (one light, one dark) but the announcer still couldn't figure out who was who.

The young lady who played Luna Lovegood was enchanting. She was dressed adorably and was just loving the experience.

Satellitegirl
07-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I just realized Julie Waters aka Mrs Weasley was the one who played in Mamma Mia. I had never put 2 and 2 together before. Wish I could have seen the stream...but I am at work and flash isn't updated here :(.

znachki
07-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Hard to believe it's the same director as OoTP, but perhaps with the extra time he was able to get a better handle on the material. I can't wait for part 2!!

Same director - different screenwriter IIRC, so perhaps that's it.

victoriaheidi
07-07-2011, 09:17 PM
The young lady who played Luna Lovegood was enchanting. She was dressed adorably and was just loving the experience.

Evanna Lynch is one of my favorite young people involved in the Harry Potter franchise. She wasn't an actress at all; she was a huge fan and loved Luna so much that she went to one of the open calls and landed the job because, as so many of her co-stars have said, "she is Luna."

I also read on her wikipedia page that she and JK Rowling were active penpals before she even got the job.

Honestly, I think she's just the most adorable HP fangirl ever.

FigureSpins
07-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Evanna Lynch is one of my favorite young people involved in the Harry Potter franchise. She wasn't an actress at all; she was a huge fan and loved Luna so much that she went to one of the open calls and landed the job because, as so many of her co-stars have said, "she is Luna."

I also read on her wikipedia page that she and JK Rowling were active penpals before she even got the job.

Honestly, I think she's just the most adorable HP fangirl ever.
I know, her backstory is perfect. I guess that's why her portrayal of Luna is so dead-on with what I imagined from the books.

I'm so excited - started planning our final HP Movie Madness dinner menu today for next week's showings.

Satellitegirl
07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Agreed. She's great, and perfect for the role.