PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

rfisher
06-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Since I'm with rfisher in the book realist camp, I'm thinking I so should not have read these. :mad:

Then again, it's nice to be warned of it before watching the movie.

I'm not reading otherwise, I'd skip the movie and I wouldn't be able to throw my popcorn box in the trash bin in disgust. :lol:

IceJunkie
06-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Since I'm with rfisher in the book realist camp, I'm thinking I so should not have read these. :mad:

Then again, it's nice to be warned of it before watching the movie.

Yeah I've been debating whether to read the spoilers. I don't want to ruin it, but it would be nice to know what they kept/left out. I regret reading the book last month though, because I'm going to be picking it apart.

KatieC
06-17-2011, 02:04 AM
I read the book again last month too. Only because the library was closed and I wanted something entertaining for the weekend. I really do think I should consider the movies as a totally separate entertainment, containing some parts already known. I am supposed to see the last movie with a girl who's actually read the books, something I've never done before. And I'm ignoring the spoilers. For now.

FigureSpins
06-17-2011, 04:13 AM
I bought my tickets today. We're going 2D because 3D gives DH a headache. As my kids said "We can always go see it again without him, the second time in 3D and IMAX. LOL

BTW, 2D/IMAX wasn't an option at our local multiplex w/ IMAX theater. Didn't hurt to ask.

The chatty cashier told me that The midnight HP movie last year was her first time, but she was working, not watching. They sold out 12 theaters and people started lining up 8 hours in advance. Yeah. I'll get there one or two hours early and sit in Theater 12, lol.

This was the funniest part: she said that SHE ran a trivia contest for those in line. But, she's never read an HP book or seen an HP movie. I have no idea how she came up with the questions, but she admitted that she didn't know what the correct answer was, so she asked "Are you SURE?" and then turned to the crowd, saying "Is that correct?" ROFLOL She was very proud of herself. I pointed out that an argument could break out between the Book Canonists and the Movie-Only crowd. I don't think she believed me.

In any case, it sounds like we'll have a better time at this theater than the closer one we went to last year. There were a lot of college students in the audience running their mouths and talking about how much they drank or smoked before they arrived. Loudly proclaiming this so everyone could hear, including the little kids in the audience.

IceAlisa
06-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Here is a comprehensive list of the differences between the upcoming movie and the book (SPOILERS!, obviously): http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ar1jqs

Thanks for these. There are some good calls, namely 7.Lavender Brown is killed during the Battle by Fenrir Greyback.

IceJunkie
06-17-2011, 05:51 AM
New Deathly Hallows trailer, just released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYt1qirBWg&

IceAlisa
06-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Is Alexandre Desplat still the composer? I hear some good skating music...

New Deathly Hallows trailer, just released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYt1qirBWg&
One of the comments really struck me:

my entire childhood just flashed by

JKR really has helped raise a generation. When is she going to get "DBE" already?

vesperholly
06-17-2011, 07:18 AM
16.A scene is added where Snape comes to Godric's Hollow, after Lily and James were killed in 1981, to see them dead, even collapsing when seeing Lily dead. He then cradles her in his arms then sees Harry sitting in his crib watching on.

:eek: :wuzrobbed

23.Character ommisions:
* Kreacher
* Peter Pettigrew

:eek: :lynch:

skatemomaz
06-17-2011, 07:22 AM
16.A scene is added where Snape comes to Godric's Hollow, after Lily and James were killed in 1981, to see them dead, even collapsing when seeing Lily dead. He then cradles her in his arms then sees Harry sitting in his crib watching on.

:eek: :wuzrobbed

23.Character ommisions:
* Kreacher
* Peter Pettigrew

:eek: :lynch:

Peter Pettigrew dies in part 1

Gil-Galad
06-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Peter Pettigrew dies in part 1

In the book, but not in the movie. I didn't see him die in the movie.

antmanb
06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm another who played comparisons and hated the films, then came the prisoner of azkebahn and I realised that for my own enjoyment if should view them as separate things entirely from the books and I got a lot of enjoyment out of the films. I stopped reading the books anywhere near the same time the films were coming out and I enjoyed them much more.

I've been not allowing myself to re-read any of the books until I have watched the final film. Once I watch it I'm looking forward to going back and reading all the books from the beginning!

Satellitegirl
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
I've been not allowing myself to re-read any of the books until I have watched the final film. Once I watch it I'm looking forward to going back and reading all the books from the beginning!

That's what I'm doing. I enjoy a movie a lot more if I don't reread, refreshing my mind of every detail...then expecting to see it in the movie. I haven't read Deathly Hallows in over a year. I'll probably reread the whole series when I see it.

I've been doing the same with Game of Thrones TV Series. I read the book, but I'm staying behind the TV Show's episodes, so the books add in extra stuff, but do not take away from what I'm watching.

VIETgrlTerifa
06-18-2011, 06:26 PM
It's always a difficult balance. There are things "everyone" agrees should stay in the movies while there are a lot of other things that some fans feel is essential to the story while others will not think it's as important to keep.

I used to be worried that non-book readers would be confused as to what happened in the movie (like Snape not telling us why he's the Half-Blood Prince), but then I realized that most non-book readers who only watch the films aren't really confused or care if they are.

Prisoner of Azkaban was by far my favorite movie (until part 1 of Deathly Hallows) despite major deficiencies in the final act. If only they kept the explanation in the Shrieking Shack and Snape's extreme reaction to seeing Sirius afterwards. Also, got rid of superHermione! and made more of a point of her being on a verge of a nervous breakdown due to her taking way too many classes at the same time with going back in time coupled with Ron and Hermione fight, etc. then I would think it was nearly perfect.

However, the look and feel and atmosphere of Hogwarts, I believe, is the closest any movie has gotten to the book. The first two was way too clean, flat, and sterile. It didn't like like a real school where actual magic occurred but a safe theme park. I think there was a major reason why they changed the landscape of Hogwarts in PoA and kept it ever since. The problem I have with the latter films is that they got rid of the atmosphere. There are no ghosts roaming the school, nothing in the backgrounds really to give us small indicators that this place really is different. PoA and the first two were full of that.

rfisher
06-18-2011, 06:35 PM
One of my major complaints about the movies from POA forward is they put the witches and wizards in muggle clothing. That never happens except with kids OUT of school. When they put Bella, Narcissa and other death eaters in muggle clothing, I gave up.

I fear we will lose most of Dumbledore's backstory in the 2nd movie and to me, that was one of the highlights of the book. :( When they made Dobby's death more of an afterthought, I knew much of the emotional content of the book would be lost to special effects.

Marge_Simpson
06-18-2011, 06:39 PM
If you are a HP fan and are in the NYC area, you might want to check out the exhibit at the Discovery Center. I went last month (you can laugh at me all you want!) and it is AMAZING.

http://harrypotterexhibition.com/