PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

rfisher
06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Damn. She did hint that she was considering another book. I don't want anything else. I'd take one on Lily et.al, at school or even one on grown up Harry. Evil is never dead, so a new villian could challenge Harry. She wanted to write grown up books. This could be her chance.

victoriaheidi
06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Damn. She did hint that she was considering another book. I don't want anything else. I'd take one on Lily et.al, at school or even one on grown up Harry. Evil is never dead, so a new villian could challenge Harry. She wanted to write grown up books. This could be her chance.

My dream prequel would begin with Tom Riddle arriving at Hogwarts and end with the Death Eaters falling after one-year-old Harry survives the Avada Kedavra. It would basically tell us about the Hogwarts years of th Death Eaters and Marauders and those characters and also about Lily/Snape, how the Death Eaters came to be, etc.

genevieve
06-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I hope Molly's moment isn't cut.
oh I hope it is - it was a big derivative clunker of a line in an otherwise awesome book :saint:

victoriaheidi
06-16-2011, 07:00 PM
oh I hope it is - it was a big derivative clunker of a line in an otherwise awesome book :saint:

If it was, Dan Radcliffe and Julie Walters were probably pretty upset. Based on a recent interview with the two of them and HBC, I don't think it was.

Satellitegirl
06-16-2011, 07:16 PM
I'd love for there to be an MMORPG online gaming world like LOTR's and Warcraft, to run around in a Harry Potter world, team up with others, etc.

http://harrypotterreviews.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/pottermore-preview/ <----found this link in comments.

Someone is mentioning a Potter-like social networking site with games/puzzles/etc.

I think a world like Second Life, that was all Potter stuff, would be cool, too.

FigureSpins
06-16-2011, 07:18 PM
ITA- it shows that the original OOTP wasn't a social club. She's got real talent for things other than mothering, cooking and cleaning.

FigureSpins
06-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd love for there to be an MMORPG online gaming world like LOTR's and Warcraft, to run around in a Harry Potter world, team up with others, etc.

http://harrypotterreviews.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/pottermore-preview/ <----found this link in comments.

Someone is mentioning a Potter-like social networking site with games/puzzles/etc.

I think a world like Second Life, that was all Potter stuff, would be cool, too.

A social networking / game site would be cool. Thanks for sharing.

I tried changing my computer's date like a time-turner to make it next Thursday but it didn't do anything.
Rats!

Satellitegirl
06-16-2011, 07:32 PM
So I'm guessing the family tree has been in the room for a while, and is nothing new. http://www.jkrowling.com/en/ right? (I haven't been to her site in ages).

IceAlisa
06-16-2011, 07:50 PM

Agreed. Hope it's cut but doubt it.

skatemomaz
06-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Agreed. Hope it's cut but doubt it.

Based on the trailer, I would say her moment is not cut. Whether the line, which I agree is a clunker is cut I can't say, but you can clearly see Molly and Bellatrix battling it out.

FigureSpins
06-16-2011, 08:04 PM
So I'm guessing the family tree has been in the room for a while, and is nothing new. http://www.jkrowling.com/en/ right? (I haven't been to her site in ages).
Yes. I think it was last updated for the final book release.

I love the time-turner outside that room that lets you go back to see the room's openings.

MacMadame
06-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I've heard this quite a lot. However, as a someone who saw Prisoner of Azkaban as their first HP movie and didn't read the books beforehand, I can say I wasn't confused at all.
But Prisoner of Azkaban was the best movie largely because it was made to stand alone as a movie and not be supported by the book. So I don't think that counts. :D

Is anybody else bothered by the fact that more than half the last two movies were essentially black screens with only maybe an eighth of light showing? I kept wondering why they didn't just make it a radio play instead of spending all that money on film showing total darkness. I know my eyesight isn't brilliant, but so many scenes were almost completely black.
My eyesight is rather bad as well but I didn't think many scenes were played in total darkness...

rfisher
06-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I hated POA. :shuffle: and GoF and OoTP and HBP (I still can't get past the random burning of the Burrow or Bellatrix strolling down the table in the Great Hall. ESPECIALLY since she wasn't even there. :drama: ) DH Part 1 was the first OK movie since COS. I loved the first movie. Love Alan Rickman. Love Jason Issacs. That's about it. Maggie Smith is a wonderful actress, but she's not McGonnagal. Michael Gambon :revenge: . The trio OK. Nothing special. HBC is way too OTT for Bellatrix. She gets the crazy but not the evil. Did not particularly care for Gary Oldham as Sirius. And as a book purist, I hate it when they change random things. I get the need to tell the story in a compressed time frame, but when they cut key plot points and put in stupid stuff :revenge: I have all the movies on DVD and have never watched them. I've read the books about 10 times.

genevieve
06-16-2011, 10:18 PM
I didn't really think Molly's line would be cut ;) I like the sentiment of the moment, I just think copying that exact line from a well known blockbuster film was jarring - like pulling the curtain to reveal the wizard - and quite frankly, a brief moment of lazy writing :shuffle:

ChelleC
06-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Here is a comprehensive list of the differences between the upcoming movie and the book (SPOILERS!, obviously): http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ar1jqs

Since I'm with rfisher in the book realist camp, I'm thinking I so should not have read these. :mad:

Then again, it's nice to be warned of it before watching the movie.