PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

vesperholly
06-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Unlike Michael Gambon, who was horrible as Dumbledore.

Ugh, agreed. Since when is Dumbledore angry? :rolleyes: The part in GoF when he was questioning Harry about putting his name in the cup was played SO wrong.

rfisher
06-16-2011, 02:40 AM
The first thing my sister said when the trailer premiered was, "wait, when did that happen?" My mom basically echoed the same sentiment.

The dialogue-or something very close to that dialogue-was for sure in the book, but I don't remember the cliff part.

I can assure you there is no cliff scene in the book. Harry has one close call with Voldy at Godric's Hollow and the other scenes are in the forest when Voldy *kills* him, then in front of the castle (still dead) and inside the great hall. That is their only encounter. And the death scene is them circling each other while Harry tells him what an idiot he's been. No dueling between them. Voldy and Bella are dueling others but neither duel with Harry. Just the last avada kadavra/expelliarmus and it's over. So, any additional contact is added. Which means we'll miss all the other player's larger roles in the Battle of Hogwarts. :( I can live with that as long as Neville gets his moment to shine.

KatieC
06-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Ugh, agreed. Since when is Dumbledore angry? :rolleyes: The part in GoF when he was questioning Harry about putting his name in the cup was played SO wrong.

Agree with you there. Dumbledore was worried but not angry.

Is anybody else bothered by the fact that more than half the last two movies were essentially black screens with only maybe an eighth of light showing? I kept wondering why they didn't just make it a radio play instead of spending all that money on film showing total darkness. I know my eyesight isn't brilliant, but so many scenes were almost completely black.

skatemomaz
06-16-2011, 03:16 AM
I can assure you there is no cliff scene in the book. Harry has one close call with Voldy at Godric's Hollow and the other scenes are in the forest when Voldy *kills* him, then in front of the castle (still dead) and inside the great hall. That is their only encounter. And the death scene is them circling each other while Harry tells him what an idiot he's been. No dueling between them. Voldy and Bella are dueling others but neither duel with Harry. Just the last avada kadavra/expelliarmus and it's over. So, any additional contact is added. Which means we'll miss all the other player's larger roles in the Battle of Hogwarts. :( I can live with that as long as Neville gets his moment to shine.

There is a very fast clip of Neville in the trailer, you can just see him holding the Sorting Hat, so I am hoping he gets his moment.

nerdycool
06-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Also going off the promo posters (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/06/10/harry-potter-deathly-hallows-posters/), Neville is holding the Sword of Gryffindor with parts of Nagini on the ground. So I assume Neville is going to get his moment in the sun!

victoriaheidi
06-16-2011, 04:24 AM

And, for me, Bellatrix needs a moment. ;)

But back to the topic, I just went and re-read that scene. Obviously, no cliff, but no line that's even relatively close to the one in the trailer. I wouldn't be shocked if both Harry and Voldy didn't already a) have ample screen time and b) a very interesting death scene.

IceJunkie
06-16-2011, 08:25 AM
I don't really care how long they decided to make the "duel scene" (even those Voldemort and Harry never dueled in the book, IIRC), as long as the curse backfires on Voldy and Harry's "death" scene is legit. When I first read the book, I got a little misty eyed when McGonagall and Ron/Hermione/Ginny/Neville et al saw Harry's body.

attyfan
06-16-2011, 02:40 PM
I hope Molly's moment isn't cut.

NinjaTurtles
06-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Here is a comprehensive list of the differences between the upcoming movie and the book (SPOILERS!, obviously): http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ar1jqs

Satellitegirl
06-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Expect the worst from the movie...then you'll be surprised when they get some things right. It's never good to go into a book adaptation movie, demanding to see certain things...you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Take it for a movie...and remember how good the books were. :)

Hannahclear
06-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Well that list of spoilers was not reassuring. However, I'll still be there, probably on the 15th.

Yehudi
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
So any guesses what the big announcement will be?

http://www.youtube.com/jkrowlingannounces/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=warner_bros&utm_campaign=tease&utm_content=1x1&utm_term=tease-warner_bros-1x1-us

lmarie086
06-16-2011, 05:08 PM
^I will always hope, reasonable or not, that JKR will change her mind and write a prequel of sorts about Harry's parents- the Maurauders. I just think they're more interesting than Harry (is it bad that he's actually one of my least favorite characters in the series? Oh well lol).

Gil-Galad
06-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't think that it is a new book. Mugglenet (http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/4435) reports that

Following the completion of the seven Harry Potter books and eight films, J.K. Rowling has something new to announce. Even though this is not a new book, we have been informed it is something equally exciting.

I have absolutely no clue what could be as exciting as a new book though.

FigureSpins
06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/pottermore
http://www.pottermore.com

She's said it's "not a book." *shrugs*

Most plausible predictions I can come up with:
. Expansion of WWOHP at Universal Florida (since I cancelled my vacation, we're not going next week. Could be a silver lining!)
. Prequel manga book series about James, Lily, et. al at Hogwarts (I doubt this one - she's a writer who loves words)
. A non-HP book or story/movie series (Likely, imo)
. TV show or special event (Plausible, like a world-wide ComicCon event.)

Announcement from www.secretstreetview.com:

J.K. Rowling has something new to announce.

This is not a new book, but it is something equally exciting. As a teaser before the official announcement, ten letters have been hidden on this website for you to find. To locate them you just need to enter ten individual coordinates in the search box and explore.

The coordinates are being revealed among ten Harry Potter fan sites throughout the 15th and 16th of June 2011. Find the correct sites and you could be one of the first to piece the word together.

Good luck to you all.

The-Leaky-Cauldron.org, HPANA, Mugglenet, and many other sites contained messages with coordinates.
Putting them into the search box at www.secretstreetview.com provided letter clues. Unscrambling them leads to www.POTTERMORE.com Click on the owls and you get the youtube site. http://www.youtube.com/JKRowlingAnnounces

Now we wait until June 23, 2011. Her website hasn't changed, so I don't think the Room of Requirement will be updated.