PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Theatregirl1122
11-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Yes, this is when it happens. And I wasn't totally sure if they really kissed in that part, too, so I looked. They do kiss.

Ah. Okay, I was thinking it had to be all in someone's head. But I couldn't remember the occasion.

MikiAndoFan#1
11-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Yay, it's already next week! I still have to book tickets for me and my cousin. Can't wait!

:cheer:

Gil-Galad
11-11-2010, 12:29 AM
btw - anyone else thinking, that with all of the clips we've seen, we don't actually need to go to the movie? I feel like I've seen the whole thing! :lol:
That's why I stopped watching the clips at one point. The first two trailers I watched dozens of times, then I watched a few clips on Leaky Cauldron when the first came up - but then I thought that I would like to have the feeling to see something new in the cinema and not just all the clips I've seen so far mushed together.

But I cannot wait!!

rfisher
11-11-2010, 01:21 AM
I haven't watched any clips except the ones airing on TV. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I've been disappointed in one degree or another in every movie except the first. I positively hated OoTP.

I just fear they will continue to needlessly change things, add things that aren't supposed to be there and cut critical scenes. I really feel for people who've only seen the movies and never read the books. I know several who have done exactly that. They've missed the heart and soul of the series.

That being said, I'll see it sometime the first week. I'll probably wait till a week night and avoid the crowds.

nerdycool
11-11-2010, 03:08 AM
I really feel for people who've only seen the movies and never read the books. I know several who have done exactly that. They've missed the heart and soul of the series.This is like my husband. He'll watch the movies with me, and think they're alright. But to this day, he always refers to CoS as "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Random Sh*t!" He doesn't get why Fawkes shows up with the Sorting Hat and why the Sword of Gryffindor came out of the hat, even though I've explained it to him. So I fully expect him to go off when the sword shows up "randomly" in DH.

Theatregirl1122
11-11-2010, 04:18 AM
This is like my husband. He'll watch the movies with me, and think they're alright. But to this day, he always refers to CoS as "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Random Sh*t!" He doesn't get why Fawkes shows up with the Sorting Hat and why the Sword of Gryffindor came out of the hat, even though I've explained it to him. So I fully expect him to go off when the sword shows up "randomly" in DH.

He's going to be really upset when the movies start to cover the last few chapters of book 7. Or as I like to call them: "The first time I've ever had to wonder about the plural of Deus ex machina."

IceAlisa
11-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Dei ex machina. :P

Amy L
11-11-2010, 04:50 AM
I don't think I could even count how many non HP readers were surprised when I told them that Harry and Hermione aren't even the teeniest littlest bit romantically interested in each other in the books. Thanks a lot Kloves! :angryfire

Satellitegirl
11-11-2010, 04:55 AM
I don't see how they could be that surprised....they didn't push them together in the movies either, and in HBP they made it clear they were just friends.

Amy L
11-11-2010, 06:19 AM
I disagree. In the movies, Hermione got a lot of Ron's lines, and Ron is dumber and wackier than the book!Ron. In Prisoner of Azkaban, Hermione turned into Buffy and was like a perfect superhero, and in Goblet of Fire there were a lot of quasi-romantic moments (the hug, when Harry sees Hermione at the ball, etc). Plus, the screenwriter Steve Kloves has said in interviews that Hermione is his favorite character, and always thought the story was Hermione/Harry He even told JKR that he was totally shocked that Hermione and Ron ended up married.

OOTP wasn't written by Kloves, so the Hermione giving Ron the googlyeyes scenes were more prominent, and by HBP their mutual crushes are so obvious that even the movies couldn't screw them up.

Theatregirl1122
11-11-2010, 07:20 AM
I don't think I could even count how many non HP readers were surprised when I told them that Harry and Hermione aren't even the teeniest littlest bit romantically interested in each other in the books. Thanks a lot Kloves! :angryfire

You are aware that there are plenty of HP readers who were surprised/annoyed when it became clear that Harry and Hermione aren't even the teeniest littlest bit romantically interested in each other, right?

Although you can put part of the confusion from movie-only audience down to the fact that, thus far Bonnie Wright and Dan Radcliff don't have much chemistry. He's got more chemistry with both Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch than with Bonnie. He might have more chemistry with Maggie smith than with Bonnie. Although part of that may have something to do with the INCREDIBLE awkward way that all of Harry and Ginny's scenes were written in the 6th movie. "Here let me tie your shoe"? What was that about?

Amy L
11-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Oh, Bonnie and Dan are certainly dreadful together. They're like a couple who were betrothed since the age of 10, and they still remember each other as the boy who ate his own buggers/girl who had to wear the helmet and headgear, which causes them to be completely sexually repulsed with each other. And that's kinda what happened in a way...

And I think you're underestimating their lack of chemistry... Dan definitely has more chemistry with Maggie than Bonnie, he has more chemistry with Hagrid, Dudley, and several of his schoolbooks than with Bonnie.:lol:

zippy
11-12-2010, 12:15 AM
whole post

:lol: ITA. Although to be fair to the kids, I don't see that much chemistry between Harry and Ginny in the books, either - to me it's only there because Rowling says it is, while other relationships (Harry and Hermione's included, I'd say) seem to develop more naturally. I sort of think that Harry and Hermione were on course to wind up together in book 7 if Ron hadn't come back to them with that king of deus ex machinas, the deluminator. But I guess I just liked that pairing better anyway, so ymmv.

Amy L
11-12-2010, 01:36 AM
I never bought Harry and Hermione together. He thought she wasn't very fun to be around without Ron there, and he actually thought she was downright boring whenever it was just him and her around (excluding DH, since they were heartbroken and in peril on the run). OTOH, Ron actually thought about Hermione when she wasn't around. He noticed that she was late to classes, or coming from seemingly nowhere in POA. He was always the one to notice things about her or bring her up in conversation when she wasn't there. But I guess to be fair to Harry, he's generally clueless anyways, so I probably shouldn't fault him for not thinking about Hermione like that. We are talking about the guy who didn't know Godric Gryffindor had anything to do with Godric's Hollow afterall!

...and I always wanted Harry with Luna. He seemed genuinely charmed by her oddness and I thought they'd be a good match.

Moka-Ananas
11-18-2010, 01:26 AM
I just came home from the cinema and all I can say is WOW!
The movie turned out to be pretty amazing and accurate. I really really really enjoyed it :)
Can't wait for Part II!