PDA

View Full Version : White Collar - USA

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

cruisin
08-03-2010, 03:01 AM
We have free on demand for USA, so I can watch at my leisure :cheer2: (that "cheer" is in lieu of a happy dance). :D

Wyliefan
08-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I like Sara. If Neal's going to have a new love interest (though I'm still not convinced Kate is totally out of the picture), I'd far rather have it be her than Alex.

And I maintain that Peter would make the most amazing dad. "She --" "No." "I'm --" "Don't." "But --" [Finger raise.] "Fine." "Good." :D

FigureSpins
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Last night's episode dragged a bit, but I loved the premise of such a clever identity theft scheme. I also liked the way they snagged him at the end.

Agent Diana Lansing is growing on me episode to episode, but I don't think they really needed to change actresses in the #2 FBI agent slot. I feel really bad for the actor who plays "Jones" because his character has barely grown, although I loved his undercover routine that Neal and Mozzi created.

I thought Sara was arrogant and obnoxious. Maybe after her epiphany (no one really mourned her death), she'll have a turnaround. At this point, Neal deserves better. Too bad he couldn't snatch the FAA tape before she saw it, though.

My husband felt that Neal gave her the real painting last night, not a print, lol. I said it was either that, or a Caffrey reproduction of the original.

As for romance, I think that Kate has nine lives and she'll be back. Another case of "Neal deserves better."

I hope Neal gives Peter the missing cherub/key for the music box. I can't wait to see what's in the secret compartment. Why haven't they had it x-rayed yet? The waiting is the hardest part!

Pete would make a great dad, but he already has Neal to mentor. A white collar big brother program in more ways than one, lol.

I miss Elizabeth. The phone calls aren't enough, but I'm glad they kept the character on screen in each episode. They have a great dynamic.

BTW, the kids and I were watching a Seinfeld episode last week and Peter was on it with dirty-blonde hair. He looked the same, even though the episode was filmed years ago. It took the kids a few minutes to figure out who he was when I paused the TV for them to guess. I like this "spot the actor/actress" game.

I loved Peter's comment from a previous episode where he said "How come (Neal) always get(s) the penthouse and italian coffee?" lol HOpe they're not foreshadowing a future temptation for Peter.

Still feeling the love for Mozzie. White Collar has a cell phone game where you send in questions and you get answers from Mozzie. His are so in character, it's hilarious. Example:

Q/Kevin: I think someone is reading my secret diary; what should I do?
A/Mozzie: Kevin, Kevin, Kevin. Information is power. If you must commit your secrets to paper, consider keeping a decoy diary to throw off would-be snoops.

Really cute feature.

Wyliefan
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Agent Diana Lansing is growing on me episode to episode, but I don't think they really needed to change actresses in the #2 FBI agent slot.

I agree. There's nothing Diana does that Lauren couldn't have done, if they'd only written her role better. If the idea was that they needed a woman who could resist Neal, then why not just have Lauren resist Neal? They didn't have to throw Natalie Morales out the door just to do that. It really bugs me, because I've liked Morales ever since her Middleman stint.

As for the tape, I totally didn't get that. Neal's an experienced thief. He had a clear chance to snag that envelope -- why didn't he just do it?

Great episode, though.

mpal2
08-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Agent Diana Lansing is growing on me episode to episode, but I don't think they really needed to change actresses in the #2 FBI agent slot. I feel really bad for the actor who plays "Jones" because his character has barely grown, although I loved his undercover routine that Neal and Mozzi created.

I agree. There's nothing Diana does that Lauren couldn't have done, if they'd only written her role better.

Diana Lansing was the original character from that role and they replaced her with Lauren. It was a move that I thought was unnecessary. I'm personally glad that she's back because I never warmed up to Lauren. I do agree that they need to expand Jones' role more.

Wyliefan
08-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Diana Lansing was the original character from that role and they replaced her with Lauren.

I know. But once they got Lauren in there, I really liked her and wanted her to stay.

mpal2
08-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I know. But once they got Lauren in there, I really liked her and wanted her to stay.

Fair enough. :)

jeffisjeff
08-11-2010, 11:04 PM
I do agree that they need to expand Jones' role more.

Agreed. We need more of Gallant! ;)

FigureSpins
08-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Diana Lansing was the original character from that role and they replaced her with Lauren. It was a move that I thought was unnecessary. Different situation entirely.

In the pilot, "Agent Diana (Lansing)" was played by Marsha Thomason. Marsha chose to take a recurring role on "General Hospital" instead of joining the White Collar crew for filming during the first season. That's why we only saw her in the pilot and the S1 finale. (Interesting: she's a Brit!) It was by her own choice.

"Agent Lauren Cruz" (Natalie Morales) was written in for Season 1, but she got the boot when Marsha Thomason became available. (Her GH character disappeared with a guy after two kidnappings occurred.) While the party line is that Morales found another job, the truth is that the producers wanted Thomason back on the show, so they bounced Morales unceremoniously.

I think it was cold to fire someone who was doing a fine job - I liked Agent Cruz. She was perky, but had no backstory.
I guess the writers knew all along that she was just a placeholder for Agent Lansing, so they never bothered to flesh out the character. In that case, Morales did a great job creating someone from nothing!

Wyliefan
08-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Well said, Isk8NYC.

Garden Kitty
08-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I've watched just about every episode, and I couldn't tell you anything about any of the women who've been the ancillary FBI agents. I don't recall who was there the first season or last, or even who is on this season. None of them have made an impression on me. Either I'm not watching that carefully or I'm just focused on Peter :)

cruisin
08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Finally watched the show last night. It was sweet to see Mozzie so smitten.

Wyliefan
08-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Either I'm not watching that carefully or I'm just focused on Peter :)

Watch it, missy, Peter is MINE! :D

(Actually, I'm delighted to have a fellow Peter fan!)

mpal2
08-25-2010, 03:38 AM
Best lines tonight: "Is this a CI-off?" and "My CI beat your CI."

:rofl:

Mozzie's safe house was fun too. :)

Buzz
08-25-2010, 03:46 AM
I believe the show is still in re-runs here in Canada. :(