PDA

View Full Version : Who rates higher all time- Seles or Serena

Pages : 1 [2]

BigB08822
07-02-2010, 04:17 AM
I don't care the reasoning, Monica will always be the best in my opinion. You can throw all the statistics you want but she holds a very dear place in my heart. Obviously, I voted for Seles.

It is important to remember that Seles' defeat in the Wimbledon final came right after she was threatened to quit her grunting or face penalties. She was unusually quiet during that match. I'm not even going to pretend she would have won if she grunted like she normally does but it would also be naive to say that this threat didn't clearly messed with her game and gave her one extra thing to think about in the match that was nothing but a distraction.

bardtoob
07-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Good point since nobody complains about the amount of grunting Serena et. al do these days.

judgejudy27
07-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Congrats to Serena on Wimbledon #4 and Slam #13.

briancoogaert
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Monica Seles will always be the best for me. She made history by winning Roland-Garros so young, and had a real suprematie on the sport at such a young age, against one the greatest ever (Steffi Graf).
She was finalist at Wimbledon, so, she may have been able to win at least one...