PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Lorac
07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Congrats Germany!! :cheer2:

Thomas Muller is such a hot young stud! :swoon: He's fast becoming my favorite! :respec:

It looks like there's currently a 4-way tie for the Golden Boot. Who wins the tiebreaker (if the 4-way tie remains tomorrow)?

From the BBC blog:

Diego Forlan only has one assist so he remains in fourth place, behind Thomas Mueller and also David Villa and Wesley Sneijder as he's played more minutes (even before kick off he'd played more than both) than the latter pair.

But I am unsure of the # of assists Villa and Snedijder have but if they don't score or assist tomorrow Mueller wins the GB.

oleada
07-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Assits are the tiebreaker, then minutes played if the number of assists are equal.

Zokko!
07-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Great last match, magnificent tournament - DANKE, boys! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

A bit sad for Uruguay, sorry for Forlan ... :fragile:

Thomas Muller is such a hot young stud! :swoon: He's fast becoming my favorite! :respec:

Sorry, I've to tell you - he's married ... :slinkaway

PS: An Paul was right ... agian! :D

KHenry14
07-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Diego Forlan is an incredible player. His side volley goal today was a thing of beauty, and I bet Atletico Madrid just tripled their transfer fee for him!

Lorac
07-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry, I've to tell you - he's married ... :slinkaway

Mueller is married??!?! But he's only 20 - that is awfully young to be married!!!

Zokko!
07-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Mueller is married??!?! But he's only 20 - that is awfully young to be married!!!A lot of German players got married pretty early, I have no idea why ... here are two pics of him and his wife Lisa:

http://d1.stern.de/bilder/stern_5/sport/2010/WM_2010_Suedafrika/Thomas_Mueller/Thomas_Mueller_6_maxsize_735_490.jpg
http://d1.stern.de/bilder/stern_5/sport/2010/WM_2010_Suedafrika/Thomas_Mueller/Thomas_Mueller_11_maxsize_735_490.jpg

oleada
07-10-2010, 10:23 PM
She's really pretty... I knew he was married, but hadn't seen pictures of her. Cute couple.

Özil is engaged as well - his fiancee is about 7 or so years older than him.

joeperryfan
07-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Mueller is married??!?! But he's only 20 - that is awfully young to be married!!!

When I first read that he was married I thought it was a typing mistake... guess not. I really hope he gets all the awards he can, he made these championships for me, great player, I hope injuries stay away from him and that he doesn't pull a Mario Gómez on us.

I have to confess that I wouldn't have minded if Uruguay had won for Forlán alone, the guy is impeccable. I saw a little interview with him at the end of the game and he was pretty nice albeit being dead tired, even the journalist commented on how nice he was when the camera panned out (at least that's what I think he was commenting).

Coco
07-10-2010, 10:38 PM
3-2 Germany - and I hope they hold on - but I admit my heart is breaking a little for Forlan - who for me has been the man of the tournament and has given everything for his country.

Agreed, his goal was amazing.

zhenya271
07-10-2010, 11:09 PM
double post

zhenya271
07-10-2010, 11:11 PM
When I first read that he was married I thought it was a typing mistake... guess not. I really hope he gets all the awards he can, he made these championships for me, great player, I hope injuries stay away from him and that he doesn't pull a Mario Gómez on us.

I have to confess that I wouldn't have minded if Uruguay had won for Forlán alone, the guy is impeccable. I saw a little interview with him at the end of the game and he was pretty nice albeit being dead tired, even the journalist commented on how nice he was when the camera panned out (at least that's what I think he was commenting).

Yes, hopefully Mueller stays injury-free and pressure from high expectations don't get to him.

Of course, I still wanted Germany for the win, but Forlan has a new fan, actually I became a fan during that Dutch game. :)

Dave of the North
07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
CBC on their newscast had a big story - tickets to the final are being scalped for $ 2,000, and people can't afford to buy then. This is news?:lol:

ballettmaus
07-10-2010, 11:40 PM
The most outrageous question goes to a German journalist who asked Lahm if he had really been too sick to play today. Even if people were skeptical, how impolite is that? Though Lahm stayed very polite and said, of course, otherwise he would have played.

I'm glad they were happy about their bronze in the end and are going to celebrate. After all, no one expected them to get as far as they did. And they scored 16 times!! (Can we just change the concept of the World Cup and make the team that scores the most the World Champion? :D ) But really, I think it should give an award for that as well. After all, the player who scores most gets something so why not honor the team that scores most as well?

I'm just sad that they disappointed with their attitude after they lost the semi. I think people were more disappointed about that than the actual loss against Spain and there were said to be significantly fewer people on the Fanmeile in Berlin :(
I also think that they're taking something away from themselves. They have all reason to be celebrated. They're third!! That's a reason to celebrate and to let themselves be celebrated.

Lorac
07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
A lot of German players got married pretty early, I have no idea why ... here are two pics of him and his wife Lisa:

http://d1.stern.de/bilder/stern_5/sport/2010/WM_2010_Suedafrika/Thomas_Mueller/Thomas_Mueller_6_maxsize_735_490.jpg
http://d1.stern.de/bilder/stern_5/sport/2010/WM_2010_Suedafrika/Thomas_Mueller/Thomas_Mueller_11_maxsize_735_490.jpg

Very pretty - but I am still amazed that he married so young - but if as you say it is common for German players then maybe it'll work out OK!! I just think 20 is too young to make that commitment - but that is going way off topic!!

Back on topic it was interesting to see the player reaction after the game - no whoops of joy from the winners but more a sense of a job well done - which it was by the Germans. And they did seem to be pleased with the medal in the end - even if it wasn't the winners medal they had hoped for.

I'll probably get flamed for this from some here but I do admit to getting a bit fed up with the continual booing for Suarez - afer all he did nothing that any other player wouldn't have done - and many have said so on TV and in the press. He took the punishment for it and it wasn't his fault that the resultant penalty was missed. I was half hoping he would score just to quieten the crowd in that regard. He is a good player and I hope the reaction from the SA fans does not impact him negatively going forwards.

oleada
07-11-2010, 12:10 AM
I'll probably get flamed for this from some here but I do admit to getting a bit fed up with the continual booing for Suarez - afer all he did nothing that any other player wouldn't have done - and many have said so on TV and in the press. He took the punishment for it and it wasn't his fault that the resultant penalty was missed. I was half hoping he would score just to quieten the crowd in that regard. He is a good player and I hope the reaction from the SA fans does not impact him negatively going forwards.

It wasn't just the handball; it was his attitude afterward as well: "I made the save of the tournament, hand of God 2.0" crap :rolleyes: