PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Zokko!
07-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Only World Cup matches can do that - Autobahn during Germany - Spain ... (http://www.spiegel.de/images/image-108461-galleryV9-pihz.jpg) :eek:

PS: According to "Die Welt" online magazine, Paul, the octopus, will predict the "Golden Pinapple" match a n d the final tomorrow ... :D

zhenya271
07-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Well, now that Germany is playing Uruguay, does anyone think this increases Klose's or Mueller's chance for the Golden Boot? I think Villa and Sneijder are tied for the lead with five? I would imagine Sunday's game to be a low-scoring one, but then, this is the WC. :)
I would love to see another Klose frontflip. At 32, I'm sure this must be his last WC.:(

oleada
07-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Well, now that Germany is playing Uruguay, does anyone think this increases Klose's or Mueller's chance for the Golden Boot? I think Villa and Sneijder are tied for the lead with five? I would imagine Sunday's game to be a low-scoring one, but then, this is the WC. :)
I would love to see another Klose frontflip. At 32, I'm sure this must be his last WC.:(

I'd love to see him at least tie or break the record.

I've heard mixed reports: that he was either retiring from the German team after the WC, or that Euro 2012 was his last.

zhenya271
07-08-2010, 07:24 AM
I'd love to see him at least tie or break the record.

I've heard mixed reports: that he was either retiring from the German team after the WC, or that Euro 2012 was his last.

Yes, that would be awesome for him! I hope he does go to 2012, now that he's come out of his goal drought, but I guess could be considered a nice note to leave on.
I'll have German tv again next year and want to see more of this particular team!:)

Autumm_wind
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM
It's karma.
I didn't want the Argentina-Brazil final so many wished solely on the fact that both teams are South American and I wanted a European representative.
Now I get all European final with teams about whose game I am very :yawn:. Yes, Spain, very :yawn:.

icewalker08
07-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Congratulations, Spain :) YAY I am so happy :D

ballettmaus
07-08-2010, 03:34 PM

Right now it's not even sure if Klose will play. In the press conference that was held this early afternoon they said that he had back problems and apparently some other players had some boo-boos as well.
I'm sure they're more than disappointed, I think almost all of Germany is disappointed but it's part of sportsmanship to come back after a disappointment.
I don't want to judge them now because, well, as I said, they must be crushed. However, they've gotten far further than they would have imagined and they should just be proud of what they were able to accomplish and now show the world that it was a fluke against Spain and that the real German team is that which played against Argentina and England.
They won't even come to Berlin; which I also think is wrong. I think they owe their fans a thank you and shouldn't run off on vacation straight away. The support was tremendous... and they should let themselves be celebrated because they deserve it. They delivered some great games!!
But right now, I don't think they're going to place third because they don't seem to have any motivation at all. :( They seem to have given up.

ETA: Apparently Paul has received threats... poor little guy. And they just said that he'll probably not be around for the next tournament since life expectancy of an octopus is approx. 3 years and he's already 2 1/2

Zokko!
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
On one hand they're pro's, they earn a lot of money, and they should act like that. Otoh it's totally understandable that everyone who's lost the semi-final in a World Cup, no matter how and where they come from, feels extremely disappointed and "empty" inside. After a pretty long time being in the tournament they just want to go home and have their vacation. Philipp Lahm for example gets married on July, the 14th.

Like the players I think 3rd-place-matches are totally superfluous. It's really hard to get some motivation just to receive "The Golden Pineapple" award. Who really cares in the end? :duh:

Lorac
07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Like the players I think 3rd-place-matches are totally superfluous. It's really hard to get some motivation just to receive "The Golden Pineapple" award. Who really cares in the end? :duh:

I agree - the 3rd-4th place game is really a non-event in regards to the entire tournament - and a lot of the first team players don't usually play in it. That being said Uraguay have already said that a 3rd place finish will top off a great tournament so they will definitely be going for the win - the question is will Germany pick themselves up and make a game of it? The let down they must be feeling is intense but they need to realise that on the day Spain figured out how to shut them down and at the moment the experience wasn't within this German squad for them to change the game plan accordingly on the day. That will come with time - and maybe the 3rd place game will give them a reason to show the world they can bounce back.

SHARPIE
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Vamos Espana! Wheee! No offence to the Netherlands but er, Ive been to Spain a lot and not Holland ;)

Yehudi
07-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Nadal announced on his facebook page he will be going to South Africa

Buzz
07-08-2010, 09:33 PM
There was chaos at King Shaka airport yesterday because too many flights were trying to land at the same time. SO many people were trying to fly in for the semi-final between Germany and Spain that the airport could not handle the traffic. But there were also a lot of private jets belonging to celebrities and the allegation is that those private jets were given priority over commercial jets.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/08/world-cup-passengers-plane-riot

FIFA has said there will a complete change in the refereeing system before the 2014 World Cup. That statement makes me very nervous. But there is an experimental ball with a micro chip that will signal the ref if the ball crosses the line. Sounds good to me. Anything will do but instant replay. Also some in England says that their World Cup might have ended differently if that Lampard goal was allowed. Not sure I agree with that either. LOL

Howard Webb of England will referee the final match.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/08/howard-webb-referee-world-cup-final1

zhenya271
07-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Right now it's not even sure if Klose will play. In the press conference that was held this early afternoon they said that he had back problems and apparently some other players had some boo-boos as well.
I'm sure they're more than disappointed, I think almost all of Germany is disappointed but it's part of sportsmanship to come back after a disappointment.
I don't want to judge them now because, well, as I said, they must be crushed. However, they've gotten far further than they would have imagined and they should just be proud of what they were able to accomplish and now show the world that it was a fluke against Spain and that the real German team is that which played against Argentina and England.
They won't even come to Berlin; which I also think is wrong. I think they owe their fans a thank you and shouldn't run off on vacation straight away. The support was tremendous... and they should let themselves be celebrated because they deserve it. They delivered some great games!!
But right now, I don't think they're going to place third because they don't seem to have any motivation at all. :( They seem to have given up.

ETA: Apparently Paul has received threats... poor little guy. And they just said that he'll probably not be around for the next tournament since life expectancy of an octopus is approx. 3 years and he's already 2 1/2

Wow, this is all disheartening news!
I was worried about all the hype before the game, but I didn't think this team would let it get to them, I hope things change before Saturday and they find the motivation to get through it. They've got the whole country backing them up, I haven't heard any negativity, everyone was disappointed yes, but proud that they went so far, I guess everyone, including the team, got carried away.

I'm surprised about Berlin, I loved watching the special with the guy that sings, "Dieser Weg". I've been playing it this WC. Still trying to relieve that summer fairytale I guess.:shuffle:

sweetsparky
07-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Queen Sofía of Spain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rf1cOdPzVU&feature=related) (with Plácido Domingo and some authorities) visited Spanish Team after the SF in the locker room

Best moments:

- Puyol´s post shower appearance while his fellows sing "huy, huy..." :lol:
- Plácido Domingo explaining Spanish coach, Vicente del Bosque, initial absence: "always in the shadow"
- all the floor cleaning efforts :shuffle:

Someone gets more touching than a handshake :D

zhenya271
07-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Queen Sofía of Spain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rf1cOdPzVU&feature=related) (with Plácido Domingo and some authorities) visited Spanish Team after the SF in the locker room

Best moments:

- Puyol´s post shower appearance while his fellows sing "huy, huy..." :lol:
- Plácido Domingo explaining Spanish coach, Vicente del Bosque, initial absence: "always in the shadow"
- all the floor cleaning efforts :shuffle:

Someone gets more touching than a handshake :D

I watched that earlier and first thing I noticed was how she had to give more than a handshake to Iker!:lol: Well, maybe it's because he's the captain!

Puyol in the towel!:yikes: