PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

allezfred
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I know what bothers me about Holland: The team has zero charism :o

And hit with an ugly stick. :slinkaway

joeperryfan
07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Maybe his surname will make Spanish players to pass him the ball, but he´s like 1,90 tall so I doubt it works :P :P

:rofl: Iberian minds think alike, I thought the precise same thing when this happened.

I'm sorry the germans lost, but I saw it coming :( Still they'll be remembered for their great games... not many teams can say that even when they win the Cup.

sweetsparky
07-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Made in Espain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUZru0M-cks) Wheeee! :cheer2:

Now I just can think in this song watching Queen Sofía´s outfit (http://www.google.com/hostednews/epa/media/ALeqM5g5GCtFxcOvWL2QBPEnBxMcCQa6-Q?size=l) for the match :rofl: :glamor:

:rofl: Iberian minds think alike, I thought the precise same thing when this happened.

:lol: Great minds...

fragoletta
07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Well done, Spain! :cheer2: Germany really didn't look like in the previous 2 games, I don't know if it was the pressure or just the game style of their opponents was different. I think the mid-field supremacy of Spain really won the game for them, where Germans counted more on counter-attack...

Spain-Holland should be good and bothe of them are favourites of mine. I am still heartbroken for some of their losses in previous years (Holland in 1998 :wuzrobbed: Spain in 2002 :wuzrobbed: per 100000). I honestly don't know who I am rooting for. (btw, I noticed that quite a few Brazilians are rooting for Holland and a whole English family was for Germany tonight, isn't it a lil' strange?)

Disclaimer: any spelling/typing errors are due to the Brazilian cocktails and shots I had tonight :swoon:

Buzz
07-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Viel gluck Deutschland!
Weird that neither team even made it to the finals this time round.

Sweden, Austria, Poland and the Czech Republic also placed 3rd and they didn't make it either. Hungary was 2nd twice in it's glory years but had to stay some as well. :(

YAY SPAIN!!!! :cheer2:

Paul the Squid = calamari :rofl:

allezfred
07-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Paul the Squid = calamari :rofl:

Paul is an octopus. Therefore he can't be calamari. :P

Braulio
07-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Felicidades España!!!

Congrats Sweetsparky!! I am getting out of a cold, so hope you are well recovered by sunday grand final!

My money (by luck of the draw) is with Holland but my heart is with Spain!!

zhenya271
07-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I know what bothers me about Holland: The team has zero charism :o

And that's why even though Spain beat Germany today, I will be pulling for them on Sunday!

I can't get over the fact that Roggen is only around 25, he looks as though he is pushing 40!:eek:

ballettmaus
07-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Paul is an octopus. Therefore he can't be calamari. :P

But sushi :P

dots
07-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Well I don't know about Paul but I asked my Angel Oracle Cards and they said :

Spain = Celebration

which most likely means Spain wins !!! :cheer:

Now watch me be wrong tomorrow :duh:

I hate to quote my own self...

I predicted Spain would beat Germany way before Paul did. :rolleyes:

;)

MikiAndoFan#1
07-08-2010, 02:31 AM
España!

:cheer:

My neighbours have to win! Força, Espanha! Wheee!

:cheer2:

bek
07-08-2010, 03:13 AM
I agree it's really weird to see them so tame today after being so brilliantly aggressive and attacking in the previous matches. Doesn't even look like the same team. And I don't think Müller's absence alone could make such a difference.

I don't know, I actually think that Muller's absense really might have made a difference. He was not only their top scorer, but also one of their key playmakers. And in the end while Spain DID look dominating, they only won by one goal. However look how well Uruguay did even though they lost, so I DO think Germany could have played better. But I think Spain is a good enough team where Germany needed Muller if they were going to have a shot at beating them.

There are though I think other issues. Argentina's defense wasn't exactly steller and that helped too. And I'm sure that inexperience played a role as well.

jtpc
07-08-2010, 03:21 AM
This is the first time in the last 80 years that the World Cup final will not have one of Italy, Argentina, Brazil or Germany in it.

That really is an elite group of 4 over history. Quite remarkable to have at least one of those 4 teams in every World Cup final until now.

Lorac
07-08-2010, 03:29 AM
I don't know, I actually think that Muller's absense really might have made a difference. He was their top scorer and also seemed to be a big play maker. I think that against a team like Spain, well they needed him.

I also suspect maybe too that Spain had a much better defense than Argentina. This is a young team too and I expect inexperience also did them in.

I am unsure if it was Mueller's absence but the reason Germany defeated England and Argentina was really due to the fact that their respective mid-fields did not get to grips with the German mid-field - whereas the Spanish mid-field grabbed the advantage from word go and refused to let go - thus shutting down the Germans ability to attack. By doing this the Spanish never let the Germans get settled and did not allow them to play the game as they played the last two. Also the Spanish defended well - they were defintely the better team today.

The Germans really made a mark in this World Cup and have a great structure to build on going forwards - they just finally ran up againts a team todaythat shut them down today - it happens. It will be interesting to see how this team does in the European Championships in 2 years - if they continue to grow like they have they will be a force to be reckoned with.

As to the final - it is great to see two teams there who have never won the WC - and I really don't have a favourite so will be able to watch the game from a neutral stance. I just hope it is a good game.

ETA: Was I the only one impressed with the referee today - no yellow cards and very much in control and not letting the players get away with much - if anything. Loved how he always ran up and spoke directly and firmly to whoever may have commited the foul - without feeling the need to flash the card over and over.

bek
07-08-2010, 05:29 AM
I am unsure if it was Mueller's absence but the reason Germany defeated England and Argentina was really due to the fact that their respective mid-fields did not get to grips with the German mid-field - whereas the Spanish mid-field grabbed the advantage from word go and refused to let go - thus shutting down the Germans ability to attack. By doing this the Spanish never let the Germans get settled and did not allow them to play the game as they played the last two. Also the Spanish defended well - they were defintely the better team today.

Yes. The Spanish were absolutley the better team. I just feel bad for the Germans because I suspect there's always going to be that what if that goes through their heads when it comes to the yellow card. But the fact is they had plenty of guys who were capable of doing things as well, and I think Spain can still play better than they did. Maybe it will be for the best and it will keep them hungrier. Euros will definetly be interesting.