PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

sweetsparky
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Uruguay scores :eek: But I donīt think there is time enough for a surprise

Lorac
07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Looks like you've watched a different Dutch team than me ... yes, they've one great 2nd half and beat Brazil, but all in all they were extremely dull and boring to watch. :yawn:

We'll agree to disagree - the Dutch have won all their matches and have played very well throughout.

And let's be honest Spain haven't played brilliantly in these final's - heck they lost against the Swiss and just squeaked past Paraguay. When the Germany's went behind to Serbia they played badly and lost - their goals in their rout's have come from brilliant counter-attacking when their opponents have been pushing for a goal - if Spain go ahead tomorrow I think we could be in for a game of more methodical playing from the Germans.

ETA: Just re-read and realised I got my teams mixed up - Slovakia beat the Italians!!

Lorac
07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Uruguay scores :eek: But I donīt think there is time enough for a surprise

Never say never!!

sweetsparky
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Now I could ask you Lorac if you did watch Spain_Switzerland. Spain had a lot of opportunities and Swiss goal was very lucky or unfortunate, depend of the point of view of course ;). I believe that result is what counts but it doesnīt speak of game.

ETA: anyway itīs true that Spain hasnīt played brilliantly but for Chile their opponents were the kind of teams who are really difficult to play for Spanish obsessed touching ball game

sweetsparky
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Never say never!!

Well the referee really gave those three minutes a biblical treatment, they really got a multiplication :P

oleada
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
And Germany played with only ten men against Serbia for most of the match.

sweetsparky
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
And Germany played with only ten men against Serbia for most of the match.

And seemed to dominate the match even with ten, and then failed a penalty, but that is like compulsory in this World Cup :lol:

Zokko!
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Just Like Italy won in 2006

:hat1:

Yeah, let's just hope that (another dull team!) won't happen again! :scream:

sweetsparky
07-06-2010, 09:32 PM

But in Italy case is law of compensation, all Italy things are beauty (food, cities, language, songs, fashion...men :P ) but Italian football that is mean :mitchell: :wuzrobbed

;)

ballettmaus
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
We'll agree to disagree - the Dutch have won all their matches and have played very well throughout.

And let's be honest Spain haven't played brilliantly in these final's - heck they lost against the Swiss and just squeaked past Paraguay. When the Germany's went behind to Slovakia they played badly and lost - their goals in their rout's have come from brilliant counter-attacking when their opponents have been pushing for a goal - if Spain go ahead tomorrow I think we could be in for a game of more methodical playing from the Germans.

This is not about winning or losing it's about watching and be entertained. And the Netherlands did not do that. Except in between the second and third goal today. People are saying that Germany and the Netherlands reversed the roles and that Germany is now playing how the Netherlands played in the past and vice versa.
And get your facts straight - Germany lost against Serbia. Slovakia beat Italy :D
The Germans didn't play bad when they lost. They had a great second half. The just didn't score which they should have done and would have deserved. And there was also that referee in that game who has gone home a long time ago... :shuffle:

I'm not thrilled by Spains playing either. In fact, I'm not thrilled by a lot of games. Many of the teams did what they had to do to win and then it was like business was done. But there was hardly any team I thought was playing because they had fun playing. It seems like it's a chore to the players and it seemed like a chore for the Netherlands as well today.
There have been World Cups with more interesting and more thrilling teams/games.

Lorac
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Now I could ask you Lorac if you did watch Spain_Switzerland. Spain had a lot of opportunities and Swiss goal was very lucky or unfortunate, depend of the point of view of course ;). I believe that result is what counts but it doesnīt speak of game.

I did watch the game and the Swiss were lucky yes - but I will just say what my father always says- it's goals that count - not how many attempts you have on goal and the Swiss had one more goal than Spain had that day!!

Spain stared out slow and have gotten better as the torney has progressed and I think they could actually beat Germany tomorrow if they get an early strike. Everyone (well certain people) seem to think that could be an awesome game - and it has potential - but it is also one step before the WC final and both teams could be nervous - it is going to depend on who gets the first goal.

But I was really defending the Dutch being in the final - they have won every game and played well - if not as stylishly as some would like to see - and deserve to be in that final - especially after the way they beat the Brazilians. Alos everyone had the Dutch as the hot favourites to win this semi - and that can set nerves in anyone - they absorbed that pressure well in the end - but not without a few nervous moments in the closing seconds.

So congrats to the Dutch you deserve to be there :encore:

sweetsparky
07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Eys, Congrants Holland :40beers:

Lorac
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
This is not about winning or losing it's about watching and be entertained.

I'm going to disagree with that - any team - and their supporters - will tell you that winning at this level is what matters - regardless how ugly and boring it may be to others. Lose and you go home (or the 3-4 play off game in this case), win you make the WC final. Sure I'd love to see an entertaining match - but if it's my team out there (and for the record my boys went home at the round of 16) I want the win first, entertainment second.

Gil-Galad
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM

Don't insult the Dutch! It was never that bad.

I live 500m from the Dutch border, I will be extremely happy if they win this all the way, they have been playing a big role in international football for such a tiny country, and often they have been playing incredibly beautiful football.

But let's celebrate something more important:

For the first time in the history of the World Cup there will be a European winner on a continent other than Europe. This is a great achievement, especially after the voices at the beginning of the World Cup, that made it sound as if Europe is only slightly more successful than Antarctica at this World Cup.

GO EUROPE!!!

itsartemis
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Congratulations, Holland. :cheer2: Great fight at the end by Uruguay - good luck in the bronze final!