PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

deltask8er
07-06-2010, 01:21 AM
I miss the sounds of fans singing and chanting during football matches. Hope this Vuvuzela thing is just a passing fad.

Me, too. Although I find it ironic that someone named 'Buzz' is complaining about buzzing sounds :lol: .

walei
07-06-2010, 02:48 AM
Let's get back to the real topic on hands... when is Paul going to make his prediction on the Germany-Spain match!!!!?

dots
07-06-2010, 03:21 AM
Let's get back to the real topic on hands... when is Paul going to make his prediction on the Germany-Spain match!!!!?

Well I don't know about Paul but I asked my Angel Oracle Cards and they said :

Spain = Celebration

which most likely means Spain wins !!! :cheer:

Now watch me be wrong tomorrow :duh:

Buzz
07-06-2010, 03:23 AM
LOL @ deltask8er

Paraguay coach Gerardo Martino has decided to move on and Roque Santa Cruz has retired from the national team.

http://football.thestar.com.my/story.asp?file=/2010/7/6/wc_specialedition/6613084&sec=wc_specialedition

dots
07-06-2010, 03:30 AM
LOL @ deltask8er

Paraguay coach Gerardo Martino has decided to move on and Roque Santa Cruz has retired from the national team.

http://football.thestar.com.my/story.asp?file=/2010/7/6/wc_specialedition/6613084&sec=wc_specialedition

The end of an era for sure. :fragile::fragile:

Really
07-06-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm going to watch the Netherlands game tomorrow with an expat Dutchie. She promises to teach me a few Dutch words, and everything I ever wanted to know about footie but was afraid to ask. I think some beverages might be involved...:summer::nopryde::40beers::rockstar:

Zokko!
07-06-2010, 06:15 AM
Let's get back to the real topic on hands... when is Paul going to make his prediction on the Germany-Spain match!!!!?Today, 11.00 a.m., German time! :cheer2:

Hedwig
07-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I assume she must be big in Germany...:shuffle:

That is an understatement. :lol: Though the hype has cooled down now that EVERYONE talks about soccer.

Germany at the moment is CRAZY. In the office, everyone talks about all the games and analyses every move.
When Germany plays, the streets are empty as if aliens had landed and swiped the planet clean and you only hear random shouts and groans from all the cafes and beer-gardens where people gather to watch the game.

Even during the first week, the Deutsche Bahn (German train) announced the results of all the games in the trains so god forbid anyone misses any results. :lol:
If you are somewhere while Germany plays it is almost frightening because no one else is around. A colleague of mine told me that she was shopping during THE GAME and only two other people where in the whole mall (apart from the staff). And then they announced in the mall that the first goal for Germany had just happened. :lol:
Really, the whole country seems to be on hold. You have to imagine a whole country of the most devoted FSUers during the Figure Skating World Championships sitting together in a bar in order to understand what is happening here.

Ah, and don't get me started about the superstition. :rofl: Pretty much everyone I meet these days is sure that what THEY do during the game is the deciding factor whether Germany wins or loses. And this from guys who are usually not superstitious at all!

"I have to wear this t-shirt because I wore it for all the games that Germany won!"
"I cannot watch in the office (we have of course a big tv where all the games can be watched) because when I watched it there, Germany lost."

"I have to find a new place to watch because I watched every game at a new place and that is why we won."

This is like figure skating fans eating asparagus. :lol:

oleada
07-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Hedwig, that's so amazing. I'm totally jealous. Wish I were there.

BTW, the superstition affects even Joachim Lw and the coaching staff:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1292240/WORLD-CUP-2010-Germany-boss-Joachim-Low-urged-wear-lucky-blue-sweater-Spain.html

:lol:

itsartemis
07-06-2010, 09:33 AM
I miss the sounds of fans singing and chanting during football matches. Hope this Vuvuzela thing is just a passing fad.
I think it is. When people come home and watch normal football without that horrible vuvuzela, they will realize how much they enjoy the singing. At least I did. :)

Oh, Roque - your pretty face will be sorely missed. :(

Germany at the moment is CRAZY.
My parents are in Munich on vacation and my dad watched the Argentina match in a park with about 3000 other people. He said it was just like being on the stadium. And he culdn't help jumping up and down and cheer with the Germans, even though he actually wanted Argentina to win. :lol:

joeperryfan
07-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I guess stories like this are what make Maradona a legend back home:

Forlan's story (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/maradonas-many-assists-to-uruguays--fbintl_ro-forlanmaradona070510.html)

Zokko!
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Even Paul, the octopus, can fail ... (http://www.bz-berlin.de/sport/wm2010/halbfinale/tier-orakel-paul-tippt-auf-spanien-article909262.html ) :duh:

He "predicted" Spain ...:wall:

Who said Paul is a "genius" .... meeeee??? Who gives a damn for (my) yesterday's twaddle! Naaaa, actually I believe all the hype around Paul is so-so overrated ... he's just an tiny animal after all, greedy for food. And one mussel is just like the other, come on! It's all just stupid superstition, that's what it is, eh?! :shuffle: ;)

Little comfort for German fans: The only match Paul had wrong was at Euros 2008, where he predicted
Germany over Spain in the final! :D

hermajesty
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Paul :(:eek:
Well, he HAS to fail finally..:shuffle::shuffle:

Gil-Galad
07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I am actually really happy that Germany made it this far in the tournament. Really happy.

But honestly, there is a small part of me that likes to remember those times when we crashed out in the first round of Euros (2000 and 2004) or barely made the Quarterfinals of the World Cup (1998). It's just so much more relaxing. Those days I could just lean back, relax and enjoy the tournament, enjoy the football, cheer 10 minutes for this team, then 10 minutes for that team...

Ah well. As long as it isn't a Germany - Holland final. I don't think it will be. Spain or Uruguay will take care of it.

Buzz
07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I guess stories like this are what make Maradona a legend back home:

Forlan's story (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/maradonas-many-assists-to-uruguays--fbintl_ro-forlanmaradona070510.html)

That is a wondeful story! Thanks for posting. Hope Uruguay wins today! :cheer2:

URUGUAY! :cheer2: