PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

sweetsparky
07-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I see... I hadn't noticed it to be European... but you'll learn something new each day :D I'm sure the players will be thrilled ;)

Of course Euro players will be thrilled, they can be loud but you can get more harmonies from them :lol:

Cow bells, cow bells :cheer: even better with some nice Swiss guys to play them :D

Whenever I hear the German manager's name, all I can think is "Lw, oh Lw.." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSgNM9yNjo). :shuffle:

LOL :rofl:

I loved that they included Lena in the new and improved 'Give me hope Joachim' video, that Germans still remember Spanish referee its also kind of sweet :lol:

fragoletta
07-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Of course Euro players will be thrilled, they can be loud but you can get more harmonies from them :lol:

Cow bells, cow bells :cheer: even better with some nice Swiss guys to play them :D

Since Euro 2010 will be held in Poland and Ukraine I checked some of their national musical instruments (here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ukrainian_musical_instruments) and here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Polish_musical_instruments). Now I proudly present you the truba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truba), probably known in the future as "European-style vuvuzela" :rofl:

sweetsparky
07-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Since Euro 2010 will be held in Poland and Ukraine I checked some of their national musical instruments (here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ukrainian_musical_instruments) and here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Polish_musical_instruments). Now I proudly present you the truba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truba), probably known in the future as "European-style vuvuzela" :rofl:

:wideeyes:

I just hope they have some holes

fragoletta
07-05-2010, 10:21 PM
^ Yup

The instrument has seven to ten finger-holes

but may be some clever people will figure out a way to make it more public-friendly :rofl:

joeperryfan
07-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I heard that he is not necessarily at odds with the fed personally, but they do not like some of his team; so if he goes on he might have to do so without some of the members of his team.

Players or Technical staff? It's just that those guys dressed in red have looked the same to me in years :lol: Either way I can see how that sucks. And getting into a press feud with Frings/Ballack some time ago probably didn't help his appreciation of politics.

itsartemis
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Can somebody explain why the Brazilians welcomed home their players so differently than the Argentinians? Is it all because of Maradona? Argentina were utterly humiliated by Germany, Brazil were not by Holland. It made me sad to see Melo at the airport. :(

fragoletta
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
May be because of the highre expectations? Brazil has always been contender no.1 for a world title and they looked very strong this year, and they were definitely tha favourite against Holland, hence the schock and disappointment in their defeat.

Argentina OTOH, while always strong, wasn't the favourite to win it all, despite Leo Messi. They've had shaky qualification rounds and people had their concerns with Maradona for a long time. The fact that they looked so strong and confident at the beginning of the championship was actually a surprise.

And yes, there is also the charisma factor. Maradona is god in Argentina, while Dunga....:yawn:

joeperryfan
07-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Can somebody explain why the Brazilians welcomed home their players so differently than the Argentinians? Is it all because of Maradona? Argentina were utterly humiliated by Germany, Brazil were not by Holland. It made me sad to see Melo at the airport. :(

Yes, it's mostly because of Maradona, people were supporting him, besides that they were proud of the team for getting that far. Dunga has been criticized for a long time, the world cup was a culmination of everything that was bad about his coaching. Maradona is not a good coach but somehow he brought hope back to the people, that can be more precious than winning. Dunga did nothing of that sort.

Zokko!
07-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Sorry, can't help it! There's something wrong with Argentina and their obsession with "godlike" Maradona ... he may appear on random stages and just let a few, stinky, random farts ... and people will still down on their knees and praise him ... :duh: :wall: :scream:

bek
07-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I heard that he is not necessarily at odds with the fed personally, but they do not like some of his team; so if he goes on he might have to do so without some of the members of his team.

Maybe its the staff, but I just that some of his choices before this were met with some skeptism, and sort of understandably so, isn't he still fairly new at this job, or am I wrong. I know this is his first world cup as head coach.

However, considering how well Germany has played, by far better than anyone expected, I have a hard time thinking that the German federation isn't going to be giving him a lot more trust from now on. And if the German federation isn't willing to do this, than I imagine that there is going to be another team National or Club that would happiliy ie give him more free reign. His bargining power with the federation has to be up, or the federation is frankly dumb.

zhenya271
07-06-2010, 12:02 AM
He's mentioned how much he loves his nephews/kids a lot in the past.

I saw a video at Purse forum, I don't know when the exclusive was recorded but I think there are several parts to it. During one part he is playing soccer with one of his nephews and then later with another nephew, an infant. He really seems to enjoy children and said something to the effect of children making a home. He also said that he thought he was ready for children.

This would give credibility to the surrogacy theory, but why would he plan for a baby around the WC? he could have still been playing now!

Buzz
07-06-2010, 12:04 AM
I miss the sounds of fans singing and chanting during football matches. Hope this Vuvuzela thing is just a passing fad.

zhenya271
07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Sorry, can't help it! There's something wrong with Argentina and their obsession with "godlike" Maradona ... he may appear on random stages and just let a few, stinky, random farts ... and people will still down on their knees and praise him ... :duh: :wall: :scream:

What I think makes it especially crazy is that Argentina supposedly has some of the most beautiful looking people and then look at him!:lol:

ballettmaus
07-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Maybe its the staff, but I just that some of his choices before this were met with some skeptism, and sort of understandably so, isn't he still fairly new at this job, or am I wrong. I know this is his first world cup as head coach.

However, considering how well Germany has played, by far better than anyone expected, I have a hard time thinking that the German federation isn't going to be giving him a lot more trust from now on. And if the German federation isn't willing to do this, than I imagine that there is going to be another team National or Club that would happiliy ie give him more free reign. His bargining power with the federation has to be up, or the federation is frankly dumb.

I agree. It was the same problem with Klinsmann. He had to fight for so many things and had to tear down so many barriers. It's why he left.
So, the federation would be more than dumb if they're doing the same thing with Lw all over again. There won't be a third coach like that waiting. They were lucky that Lw was co-coach and willing to take over the task and they should do everything in their power to keep him.

About the Argentinians, I was surprised as well how well they were received. And since the final was predicted to be Brazil-Argentina (all around me anyway) I don't think they expected so much less from Argentina. I guess it's Maradonna who makes the difference which beats me though.

oleada
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Players or Technical staff? It's just that those guys dressed in red have looked the same to me in years :lol: Either way I can see how that sucks. And getting into a press feud with Frings/Ballack some time ago probably didn't help his appreciation of politics.

Staff. IIRC, I don't think the German fed was fond of Oliver Bierhoff (allegedly), but I could be totally misremembering.

But I think that given the success of this World Cup it would be foolish to get rid of Lw.