PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Jackie Sparrow
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
If it's really the case that he got a surrogate mother, then he's a feckin egoist!

dots
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Sure a baby can with nanny travel too but what about 5 years from now when he's probably still playing soccer and well his kid is ready for school. But perhaps he really is making some changes. I don't have as much of a concern with Ricky because once again Ricky's life seems more on paper to be at a place where he could meet some of the demands of single parenthood. But if I found out that my brothers actively planned a child, and planned on having me raise the child, without talking to me first about it. I'd be pretty darn ticked.

I can't shake the feeling to be frank that this is very much like a car or a puppy with Ronaldo. Especially given an interview I read last night that he gave about how he'd love to have a child that was just like himself. Maybe I'm being judgmental.

Doesn't anyone get the feeling that there is going to be a "Part 2" to this story? I just feel like the baby is only half of some big news we are suppose to know. Maybe he'll announce his retirement or something else...

I'm asking myself the same questions Bek. He seems like such a party boy and very materialistic. Ronaldo must be one of those guys that dreams of being a parent. Whatever the reasons good luck to him .

oleada
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
He's mentioned how much he loves his nephews/kids a lot in the past.

bek
07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't know if he will spend a lot of quality time with the child, but he shouldn't be worse than any other footballer, they all have hectic schedules...

Yes but most of those other football player's children have mothers. Sure I'm not stupid enough to believe that all of the WAGS are spending all their time as primary caregivers for their children, but I suspect a lot of them are at least somewhat there and the kids can see their parent daily.

Its one thing for a child to have a nanny but still see mom or dad just about every day normal. Its another thing for a child to be with nanny at all times, and to perhaps not even see a single parent for days at a time as their normal life. Sure sometimes things happen, and there's no choice. But for CR to perhaps plan this kind of thing.

True about his family living off him. But in his mother's case, surely she's earned the right to perhaps be "done with raising children, unless she wants to raise children." I mean she probably worked quite hard to raise him and his siblings, while poor and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole family sacrificed for his football dreams too. (Look at Yu-na Kim's sister who gave up tons of things so that Yu-na could skate. Surely since Yu-na's sister clearly had to sacrifice for Yu-na's dream, the sister deserves to benefit in someways do to Yu-na's success) Its hard to know family dynamics.

Jaime i wouldn't call a surrogate neccessarily egotistical. I mean maybe he is gay, but still wants a child-that's not egotistical. And/or maybe he's not ready or sure if he wants to commit to a woman, but still wants a child. I'm not really a big fan of surrogacy INV etc I'm Catholic and pretty much a believer in the whole nature thing, I mean I can understand the desire of wanting a child of one's own. But I kind of feel that maybe there's a reason a child isn't possible in that case. There are so many children in this world who don't have any parents whatsover, and then we see all these designer babies. And the whole surrogacy, INV etc offers a ton of ethical questions and can of worms. My biggest concern though as a Catholic is the methods used in INV of course. I don't want to ever myself think that wanting your own child of your own blood is selfish because its a pretty natural desire.

sweetsparky
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Two years :P

No more Vuvuzelas, welcome cow bells :cheer2:

ballettmaus
07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
No more Vuvuzelas, welcome cow bells :cheer2:

Cow bells? :confused:

sweetsparky
07-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Cow bells? :confused:

Why not? :drama: Its very Euro :saint:

:P

Fata
07-05-2010, 07:36 PM
About Lw's contract. The federation wants to keep him and wanted him to sign the contract earlier. But he needs time to think about it. So there will be a decision after the cup.
But it's not that there's trouble between him and others it is simply that he doesn't know where he wants to go personally.

ballettmaus
07-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Why not? :drama: Its very Euro :saint:

:P

I see... I hadn't noticed it to be European... but you'll learn something new each day :D I'm sure the players will be thrilled ;)

allezfred
07-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Whenever I hear the German manager's name, all I can think is "Lw, oh Lw.." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSgNM9yNjo). :shuffle:

joeperryfan
07-05-2010, 08:05 PM
About Lw's contract. The federation wants to keep him and wanted him to sign the contract earlier. But he needs time to think about it. So there will be a decision after the cup.
But it's not that there's trouble between him and others it is simply that he doesn't know where he wants to go personally.

Maybe he is fed up with the kind of pressure you get from coaching the NT, on the other hand I don't see how coaching a big club(considering that's the other option) is any better. Some articles try to imply that he is at odds with the federation without being specific, what you said explains it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a part 2 to the CR saga, wonder what it is :angryfire

bek
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Maybe he is fed up with the kind of pressure you get from coaching the NT, on the other hand I don't see how coaching a big club(considering that's the other option) is any better. Some articles try to imply that he is at odds with the federation without being specific, what you said explains it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a part 2 to the CR saga, wonder what it is :angryfire

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if CR has a part 2 as well.

As for Low, the commentators on ABC made it sound that Low hated the politics of working with the federation. Oh I'm sure there's politics coaching a big team too, but I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps there's a few less egos. I'd imagine just compiling a team like that comes with issues. Still that German team was really amazing from what I saw. And I'm terrified that the potential bad call by a ref and losing Muller will hurt them against a team like Spain.

Frankly in this whole it will mess with the flow of the game thing, surely when you have something that deals with suspensions that go on to next games. That these things SHOULD be reviewed. Because that point your dealing with more consquences than just one game.

dots
07-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Whenever I hear the German manager's name, all I can think is "Lw, oh Lw.." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSgNM9yNjo).

I assume she must be big in Germany...:shuffle:

oleada
07-05-2010, 08:18 PM

I heard that he is not necessarily at odds with the fed personally, but they do not like some of his team; so if he goes on he might have to do so without some of the members of his team.

Buzz
07-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Check out this DVD collection. It is called "History of Soccer: The beautiful Game". I got the full set during the 2006 World Cup and loved it. The set comes with some rare footage.

http://www.amazon.ca/History-Soccer-Beautiful-Game-Vol/dp/B0000C238U