PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Zokko!
07-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Fake! http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/06-26-octopus-paul/8218948-1-eng-US/06-26-octopus-paul_full_380.jpg
:rofl::rofl:

The prediction will be tomorrow

Font: Paul Octopus FB :PI knew that right from begin it was fake!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Buzz
07-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Here are some coaching news that I know off:

1) Gus Hiddink is now Turkey's coach,
2) Dick Advocaat is now Russia's coach,
3) Dunga was fired,
4) there is doubt about Maradonna's future.
5) It is safe to say Marchelo Lippi is history,
6) Raymond Domenech has been replaced by Laurent Blanc
7) Lars Lagerback was surprisingly offered a two year contract extention by the NFF. But Lagerback has yet to make up his mind about staying.
8) Javier Aguirre resigned as head coach of Mexico and a replacement has not yet been appointed.
9) Fernando Santos is the Greek new head coach.
10) Sven Goran Eriksson is no longer the head coach of Ivory Coast and no replacement has been named yet.
11) Radomir Antic will stay as Serbian head coach
12) Fabio Capello will stay on as England's coach until 2012

zhenya271
07-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Nannies aren't parents, the are hired help and there's not necessarily continuity with a nanny. I have no problem with families using nannies etc for whatever reason they want. That's not for me to judge. But I do think its probably in the best interest of any child to have it so that normally at least one parent is going to be around on a daily basis. Notice I didn't say active caregiver, but at least on a somewhat daily basis, so they see the parent.

Extended family isn't a parent either. Sure your sister may want to help out but what happens when your sister gets married and has a family of their own, or her spouse gets a job that's different from yours. What happens if your child has really lived with your sister and not you. Your sister is more the real parent than you?

Now of course there's grandparents, and in some cultures grandparents take care of their grandchildren. But there's still a major difference between grandparent taking care of the child during the day, and then the parent coming home. And the grandparent being the real parent, while your away. And frankly there's a reason why biology stops us from having children at a certain age. Sometimes its necessary for this to happen of course, and things can't happen. Unplanned children are born every day, or life happens.

The thing is the demands for a single parent are different than a demands of a two parent household. When you have a two parent household you can have it so one parent is there when the other is away, that provides some continuity. Even if the parent isn't the primary caregiver the lets say nanny is the parent is still well somewhat present. It doesn't even have to be the same parent every time. I've read that in a lot of acting families, they plan on it so that when one is shooting a movie, the other is there with the kids. Now sure, I bet these people have all kinds of nannies but at least one is there. That's a lot better for the child than being stuck with just the nanny.

Who knows the inward details of CR's life. But the thing about a surrogacy is that its something completely planned, and so you can plan it to fit your life at the right time in your life. For someone like Ricky Martin at the place his life looked on paper, his age, probably life experience, place his career was in, this was probably the perfect time for him to pursue a surrogacy and single parenthood. For CR, not so much but who the heck knows.

You're right, Bek, the other footballers' WAGs might use nannies too, but I guess at least they still provide a constant in their childrens' lives.

I didn't have any real opinion of CR before, but if this story is true I think it's admirable of him to take responsibilityfor his son, one that may have even been borne out of less than ideal circumstances. I mean he did have the means to pay the mother off and keep the baby out of his life too. Maybe he paid her to keep the baby from conception. Maybe he's not such a bad boy, afterall?:lol:

itsartemis
07-05-2010, 08:48 AM
There are only four more matches to go and then the party is over for another four years. :(
I think Rio is going to awesome beyond belief. Too bad about the time difference for us Europeans. :(

I watched a Norwegian football match last night, and it was so wonderful to watch a whole match without hearing a single vuvuzela. The crowd were singing, drumming and chanting for the entire match - it made me remember what football usually sounds like, and it was good. :D

zhenya271
07-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Here are some coaching news that I know off:

5) It is safe to say Marchelo Lippi is history,

Isn't Cesare Prandelli already the new NT coach for Italy? He's already speaking as though he already replaced Marcello Lippi, who was going to retire after this WC anyway, just like he did after the last one.:)

bek
07-05-2010, 10:20 AM
You're right, Bek, the other footballers' WAGs might use nannies too, but I guess at least they still provide a constant in their childrens' lives.

I didn't have any real opinion of CR before, but if this story is true I think it's admirable of him to take responsibilityfor his son, one that may have even been borne out of less than ideal circumstances. I mean he did have the means to pay the mother off and keep the baby out of his life too. Maybe he paid her to keep the baby from conception. Maybe he's not such a bad boy, afterall?:lol:

:lol: People are not necessarily all good or bad. Even if he's a player it doesn't mean that he doesn't have his good qualities. I hope being a father now that he'll calm his life down.

To be frank I'm not saying a surrogacy is impossible, I still think its possible. Its totally possible that Christiano really wanted a child and wanted one now, but even if he's straight didn't want to settle down to any woman. So he decided it would be smarter to have a paid surrogate, and thus could ensure that he didn't have to deal with any baby mamma drama. In fact there was I guess an article a couple years ago where he talked about wanting a child. Who the heck knows. I hope the mother is not being cajoled to giving up her child, and that's what she's willing to do.

NeilJLeonard
07-05-2010, 12:24 PM
There are only four more matches to go and then the party is over for another four years. :( But there are a lot of competitions between then and now. Starting from 2011 there will be the UEFA U-21, Copa America in Argentina, and the Asian Championships in Qatar. And in two years time there will be UEFA championships and the African Cup of Nations. I got Setanta Sports just so I could get as much football matches as possible so I hope to be able to watch these competitions. :)
CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2011, too, Buzz, but who knows where or when. No host country has been decided yet and the Central American & Caribbean entries have not been selected. This is the Gold Cup that determines CONCACAF's entry into the Confederations Cup, so it is an important competition from that perspective.

NJL

Jackie Sparrow
07-05-2010, 12:27 PM
There are only four more matches to go and then the party is over for another four years. Two years :P

Buzz
07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Isn't Cesare Prandelli already the new NT coach for Italy? He's already speaking as though he already replaced Marcello Lippi, who was going to retire after this WC anyway, just like he did after the last one.:)

You are right. Prandelli has already been appointed Italian head coach. He has quite the job ahead of him. Hopefully now some of their younsters can finally make the first team. Afterall putting 20 and 21 year olds on their team has not hurt Germany none. LOL

joeperryfan
07-05-2010, 05:01 PM
More CR baby news:

Diário de Notícias (portuguese newspaper) is reporting that the baby was born from a surrogate mother, that CR had kept it secret to his family and closest friends, however he had hinted in June that he would like to become a father and that it could happen sooner than anyone expected. The baby is with his family in Algarve and he visited him as soon as he came back from South Africa. The article quoted his sister and his agent, I'll keep you informed if any of this is taken back.

Other interesting news:
- Felipe Melo had a hard time getting out of the airport when he arrived in Brazil, his father picked him up and their car was surround by a mob as they tried to leave the place unnoticed, a few honks and accelerations later and they left without trouble.

- apparently Joachim Löw's contract expired on June 30th, which IMHO, could explain his apparent lack of emotion with the win of saturday... this is another soap opera I'll keep my eye on, I mean, when you see the head coach and the assistant coach shouting orders(I really don't know what it was, it's in german... :lol:) to the players at the same time you now there's something fishy going on...I'm curious to see how it develops.

dots
07-05-2010, 05:21 PM
More CR baby news:

Diário de Notícias (portuguese newspaper) is reporting that the baby was born from a surrogate mother, that CR had kept it secret to his family and closest friends, however he had hinted in June that he would like to become a father and that it could happen sooner than anyone expected. The baby is with his family in Algarve and he visited him as soon as he came back from South Africa. The article quoted his sister and his agent, I'll keep you informed if any of this is taken back.

It all makes sense now, apparently Ricky gave him advise about surrogacy. Well congrats to the new papa.

dots
07-05-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm most looking forward to :

Women's World Cup 2011 I'm sure the Americans will win this time :smokin:
Gold Cup 2011
Confederation's Cup 2011
2012 Olympic Games

Two years :P

You mean the World Cup is now every two years? :confused: That pretty much kills the importance of the Olympic Gold.

bek
07-05-2010, 05:35 PM

Well, I seriously hope that this is not the case of CR wanting a child the way he might want a car or a puppy. Once again his life doesn't seem to be at the best stage for single parenthood giving his career demands. Sure a baby can with nanny travel too but what about 5 years from now when he's probably still playing soccer and well his kid is ready for school. But perhaps he really is making some changes. I don't have as much of a concern with Ricky because once again Ricky's life seems more on paper to be at a place where he could meet some of the demands of single parenthood. Children IMO shouldn't just be seeing a nanny every day. (Nannies are fine but a parent needs to be somewhat around) I seriously though hope if his plan was that mom and sisters could do a lot of the raising, that he at least got some idea (even if he didn't tell them he was doing it now) that they actually wouldn't mind this. Love my brothers dearly and of course if a child came around I'd do all I can to help my niece or nephew. But if I found out that my brothers actively planned a child, and planned on having me raise the child, without talking to me first about it. I'd be pretty darn ticked.

I can't shake the feeling to be frank that this is very much like a car or a puppy with Ronaldo. Especially given an interview I read last night that he gave about how he'd love to have a child that was just like himself. Maybe I'm being judgmental.

Jackie Sparrow
07-05-2010, 05:47 PM
You mean the World Cup is now every two years? :confused: That pretty much kills the importance of the Olympic Gold.No, a huge football event :P

joeperryfan
07-05-2010, 05:58 PM
bek, my impression is that Ronaldo's family pretty much lives at his expense so even if he didn't consult with them in the early stages of his plan it would be difficult for them to turn him down.

IIRC, a year ago one of his ex-girlfriends made comments about their intimacy on spanish national television, he didn't come out of it looking like a stud and I think she also hinted that he could be gay, but I'm not sure of the exact phrasing there nor of her reasonings for saying so. Nevertheless it must have been around that time that he went to the US and got himself a surrogate mother for his child. I wonder if that was a coincidence... Maybe he realised that he wanted a child but not a mother...

I don't know if he will spend a lot of quality time with the child, but he shouldn't be worse than any other footballer, they all have hectic schedules...

I guess the European Championships are kind of biggish, non?;)