PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup (South Africa) - Voulez-vous vuvuzeler avec moi ce soir?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

itsartemis
07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
For clarification, the player with the own goal and red cardwas Felipe Melo, who started. The substitute for Bastos was Gilberto Melo.
Thank you! :duh:
The Brazilians should stick to artistic names, all of them. :)

mila19
07-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I almost fear for Melo's safety after this game :eek: .I'm glad Brazil lost though, I'm sick of them being favorites all the time and then coming up with pretty unspectacular football.
They are favorites because they're artists when it comes to football. It's like they dance when playing and make it look effortless. Many other teams who play aggressively or just by doing a defense game don't give me that vibe.
Anyways, that autogol was just so, so unfortunate :fragile:

Lilia A
07-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I almost fear for Melo's safety after this game :eek: .

Andres Escobar flashback? :( I really really hope not.

I'm :cheer: for Holland but :wuzrobbed for Brazil. These are two teams I wanted to see do well (and they have, quarterfinals is not bad at all).

Eden
07-02-2010, 05:17 PM
{{{{Brazil}}}} I was 99.99% sure they are going to win Holland, and 0.01% proved me wrong :wall:

Congrats to Netherlands! Brazil totally lost it in the second half, which made the orange guys' victory well deserved.

oleada
07-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Dunga looking for a new job after midnight? :(

I think he probably should start now :shuffle:

Autumm_wind
07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
...pretty unspectacular football

I've meant to wait with this for a moment, given how Brazilian's fans feel about football, but this is basically the reason why I cheered for Holland in the end. (even though they weren't spectacular in this tournament, either)

I understand that expectations are high. And I understand it's hard to play an attractive offensive football when other teams put defense in the first place. I understand that the final results need to be kept in mind.
But I want to entertained in the first place. And I hated this it doesn't matter how we play as long as we win attitude. I don't want to see Brazil play the way half of European teams play. I don't like it in general when one-goal leads are being defended too much.
(And the Brasil-Portugal game was distaster, even though I put lot of blame on Portugal.)

It's a burden to carry. On the other hand it's a compliment, as well. That fans believe you can play such an attractive football that much more is expected of you.

I feel sorry for Brazilian's fans.
Their team didn't wow me as much as I thought I will be, though.

And I won't mind seeing Dunga go.

beepbeep
07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Ahhhrrrgghhhh!!!!! :wall::wall:

I know it's a common complaint of the losing team, but that referee sucked big time!!! He marked faults against Brazil that never existed, the Dutch just jumped... :mad:

That non-existant fault against Brazil, right before Netherlands' first goal, tottaly threw them off. And they never regained the confidence. :( Brazil was totally outplayed on the second half.

It's another match where a team gets completely thrown off by bad referees... And to help, Kaká did nothing. Again.
Can't believe Dunga didn't call Ronaldinho. Guess he's still offended by that Gremio x Internacional where Ronaldinho did what he wanted (I'm at work, youtube is blocked here, can't get the vid now).

Safe to say Felipe Melo was the name of the match: beautiful assistance on Brazil's goal, an own goal and explelled :(

Yeah, I know I'm sounding :barrel

That said, go Germany :cheer2:

Ituriel
07-02-2010, 05:39 PM
WEEEE!!!! My Van Persie continues in the WC!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Gazpacho
07-02-2010, 05:58 PM
In hindsight--which is always 20/20--the fact that Brazil only beat North Korea 2-1 may have been a sign that this wasn't the dominant team of 2002.

In 2006 they didn't make it to the semifinals either, which means that there will be SO much pressure on the home team in 2014. And probably the usual home team advantage of favorable referees too.

joeperryfan
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
They are favorites because they're artists when it comes to football. It's like they dance when playing and make it look effortless. Many other teams who play aggressively or just by doing a defense game don't give me that vibe.
Anyways, that autogol was just so, so unfortunate :fragile:

In part that's my point, individually they are artists with the ball so we expect to see a show when they are playing, it's just that the team hasn't played that way in a long time. I mean, I recall some spectacular moves in 1994, that team was awesome (it's a pity Dunga doesn't remember how that was, he was there), I just don't see that happening anymore.

Andres Escobar flashback? :( I really really hope not.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... I really hope not too.

I understand that expectations are high. And I understand it's hard to play an attractive offensive football when other teams put defense in the first place. I understand that the final results need to be kept in mind.
But I want to entertained in the first place. And I hated this it doesn't matter how we play as long as we win attitude. I don't want to see Brazil play the way half of European teams play. I don't like it in general when one-goal leads are being defended too much.
(And the Brasil-Portugal game was distaster, even though I put lot of blame on Portugal.)

It's a burden to carry. On the other hand it's a compliment, as well. That fans believe you can play such an attractive football that much more is expected of you.
And I won't mind seeing Dunga go.

I agree with all above.

I don't expect the brazilians to win all the time, but I wish they would play in a way that showcased their players abilities better. In this championship their star was the goalkeeper, when has that ever been the case with Brazil? It says a lot about what's going on in the field,IMHO...

Autumm_wind
07-02-2010, 07:23 PM
On a slightly unrelated note I've caught an interview with Löw on Eurosport and almost, almost forgot. :lol:

itsartemis
07-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Made it back just in time for Ghana's national anthem. I walked past a football pub and outside two Africans were blowing their vuvuzelas. Never heard them live before. They were SO loud!!! :eek:

Go Ghana!!!! I really hope they win tonight! :cheer2:

dots
07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm so nervous for Uruguay :drama:

They are so dreamy :swoon::psoty:

quintia
07-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Go Uruguay! :cheer2:

oleada
07-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Ugh, I'm so mad, in Colombia the Uruguay/Ghana game is only on DirectTV and not public TV, and obviously I don't have the former. :mad: Now I have to rely on feeds, and my internet is crap.