PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Olympics- Women's All-Around Medals

Pages : 1 [2]

Domshabfan
06-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Interesting. Thanks for that. So why has nothing been done with regards to her? Is it too late.

At the time I was sad she didnt come through in the AA, and to a lesser degree Dong. Especialy as Liu Xuan ended up getting an AA medal for China after the chaos cleared, and Xuan isnt as strong an AA gymnast as either YY, DF, or the injured KY. Now I am relieved she didnt do anymore in Sydney than she did.

i think she said she made a mistake while giving the interview or something... insufficient evidence was given as the reason by the IOC and FiG in dropping the investigation against her.

judgejudy27
06-28-2010, 08:39 AM
i think she said she made a mistake while giving the interview or something... insufficient evidence was given as the reason by the IOC and FiG in dropping the investigation against her.

I can understand that but this is already sufficient reason I am not willing to give her the benefit of doubt as much as I enjoyed her gymnastics in 2000.

Rob
07-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I seem to also recall reading that Amanar gave the gold back to Raducan, and Olaru gave the silver back to Amanar. So if Xuan has the bronze, does that mean Olaru actually has nothing?

That is what I recall reading. Olaru was left with no AA medal, but she said she didn't care too much because it wound up being a bad memory after her teammate was accused.