View Full Version : Housekeeping becoming a luxury at hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

genevieve
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
oh, but you so finished it :lol:

Rhianna
06-27-2010, 08:37 PM
i need to start posting under a pseud

It will be named something ironing related, I hope.

Spiralgraph
06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
i grew up with decorative towels on our long towel bar. I can see them in my mind so clearly, along with our crocheted toilet paper cover. I guess that means I'm doomed! :D

milanessa
06-27-2010, 08:53 PM
oh, but you so finished it :lol:

Ask her about vacuuming.

I am so going straight to hell.

i grew up with decorative towels on our long towel bar. I can see them in my mind so clearly, along with our crocheted toilet paper cover. I guess that means I'm doomed! :D

Only if you carry on the tradition. :D

cruisin
06-27-2010, 09:12 PM

Cross over the the dark side :lol:

I love Bed, Bath & Beyond!

PrincessLeppard
06-27-2010, 11:59 PM
:mitchell: Down with fuzzy toilet seat covers! Let your toilet seat go nude!

milanessa
06-28-2010, 12:08 AM

:mitchell: I'm with you, sister!

numbers123
06-28-2010, 02:07 AM

This one is not fuzzy but pink (http://www.acuteshop.com/popup_image.php/pID/640/imgID/1)! but you might have to fight bellekitty

Kasey
06-28-2010, 02:42 AM
(leave it FSU for a thread about housekeeping in hotels to turn into a discussion of decorative towels and toilet paper covers!! :) )

cruisin
06-28-2010, 03:32 AM
(leave it FSU for a thread about housekeeping in hotels to turn into a discussion of decorative towels and toilet paper covers!! :) )

LOL! We do have trouble staying focused :lol:

Hey - anyone remember those horrible soft toilet seats. They are made of vinyl and have cushioning in them. And the lid does too! :scream: My mother has one, it's so weird. She claims they cut down on toilet seat imprints when you are there for a while :D. Hows that for going off track? :lol:

Prancer
06-28-2010, 03:38 AM

I have this one in my kids' bathroom: http://nerdapproved.com/household/shark-head-design-toilet-seat/

I wouldn't dare put a cover on it.

cruisin
06-28-2010, 03:48 AM
I'm thinking my decorative towels are pretty mundane right now :lol:
MLP, we're good!

milanessa
06-28-2010, 04:12 AM
I have this one in my kids' bathroom: http://nerdapproved.com/household/shark-head-design-toilet-seat/

Please tell me you don't. :rofl:

Prancer
06-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Please tell me you don't. :rofl:

I definitely have it. I painted the kids' bathroom in this undersea theme, and around then we had to replace the old toilet seat. The kids discovered that one in a catalog and had to have it because it was PERFECT.

So we have it. You don't want to know what the seat looks like when the lid is up. Males of all ages think it's funny; women think I must have been out of my mind to go along with it.

I spent three weeks painting fish and sea weed and sea shells and coral stencils on the walls, inch by annoying inch, and no one ever looks at anything but the toilet seat.

I'm just glad they didn't see THIS: http://www.bathroomgifts.com/pages/products/product.asp?ProdCode=FNF2500

They have towels that match the stencils, BTW, but they actually use them--or they did. The last time I saw one, it was being used underneath a dining room chair to keep the feet from scratching the floor while the rug is off somewhere being cleaned.

I should probably re-do their bathroom now that they are teenagers, but I have a feeling that no matter what I do, the seat will stay.

Cyn
06-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Hey - anyone remember those horrible soft toilet seats. They are made of vinyl and have cushioning in them. And the lid does too! :scream: My mother has one, it's so weird. She claims they cut down on toilet seat imprints when you are there for a while :D. Hows that for going off track? :lol:

My grandmama had one of those - she said it made sitting on the can a lot more comfortable when her hemorrhoids were giving her fits.. We grandchildren (all five of us) reverted to being 10 years old again whenever we were over there - sitting on it made this weird sighing fart sound, not unlike the sound of the dreaded "silent but deadly" fart (which is, contrary to popular belief, slightly audible, depending on the acoustics of the room). No matter how much we tried, though, we could never get the thing to let one rip like a Whoopie Cushion.

I do recall, however, sitting on the thing for too long and starting to get up, only to realize that my butt had fused to the vinyl and ending up with a big red blotch on my backside :rofl: .

:rofl: :respec: I *flove* this!!