PDA

View Full Version : Housekeeping becoming a luxury at hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

cruisin
06-27-2010, 02:56 PM
:lol: I think you're taking this way too seriously, cruisin. Of course your house can look any way you want it to as can mine. Snark is what we do.

:lol: Yes, you're probably right. I guess I get frustrated when I explain something and then someone keeps criticizing and doesn't seem to have gotten that they are missing the point.

I think I'll go out and buy decorative towels and make robes out of the :lol:
Anyone want one? :lol:

cruisin
06-27-2010, 02:57 PM
She ironed them to death.

If you don't use them they don't need to be ironed ;):D

milanessa
06-27-2010, 03:00 PM
If you don't use them they don't need to be ironed ;):D

Hell, mlp irons the doormat.

cruisin
06-27-2010, 03:10 PM

I had an aunt who ironed tinsel before she put it on the tree :eek: Can you imagine? She went nutty when they stopped making it out of foil and started making it out of mylar. Mylar melts :lol:! Even with my OCD issues, that's beyond my scope :lol:. She also ironed sheets, pajamas, underwear, and towels!

I don't iron, unless I absolutely have to. Part of my OCD neatness with my clothes and things is because I do not want to have extra work. If everything gets folded or hung up neatly, I don't have to iron it. Can laziness cause OCD? :D

WindSpirit
06-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Nah, don't want to touch it. And would never have to. And as I said, I don't like the smell of damp towels, I even wash my own every time. Every single time you use it? That's wasteful. See, I'm not germophobic, I'm waste-o-phobic. :lol: I turn off all the lights I don't use, I unplug most of the things that are not on, etc. Unless something happens to the towel I used only once, I will re-use it for about a week. I always make sure it's dry. I don't have a problem with the rod at all. Why be disgusted by the rod and not the tub? Or like I said, the mattress. Both seem a gazillion times more disgusting if you think about it. But I guess phobias are not rational by definition.

But I don't unpack because I don't want anyone touching my stuff :lol:. I don't like it either.

There are a few things that still bother me, but I compensate because I like to travel. Good for you. I do the same thing. I had to stay in a hotel a few times after Andora's bed bugs saga and I tried not to think about it.

mmscfdcsu
06-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Is this her favorite website?

http://www.jitterbuzz.com/indirn.html
:lol:

milanessa
06-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Is this her favorite website?

http://www.jitterbuzz.com/indirn.html
:lol:

Oooh - I wonder if she's seen it? Do you want to PM her or should I?

mmscfdcsu
06-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Oooh - I wonder if she's seen it? Do you want to PM her or should I?

:rofl: Go for it!

cruisin
06-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Every single time you use it? That's wasteful. See, I'm not germophobic, I'm waste-o-phobic. :lol: I turn off all the lights I don't use, I unplug most of the things that are not on, etc. Unless something happens to the towel I used only once, I will re-use it for about a week. I always make sure it's dry. I don't have a problem with the rod at all. Why be disgusted by the rod and not the tub? Or like I said, the mattress. Both seem a gazillion times more disgusting if you think about it. But I guess phobias are not rational by definition.

No, they really are not rational. Though often they are based in reality. Germs are real and getting sick from them is real, it's how we deal with the various "germ" situations that become irrational. I don't like tubs either. I would never take a bath in a hotel, it's bad enough my feet have to touch the tub :lol:. But, I don't take baths at home either, I don't like them, I just don't feel clean from them.

I don't like it either.

Yeah, it creeps me out :)

Good for you. I do the same thing. I had to stay in a hotel a few times after Andora's bed bugs saga and I tried not to think about it.

It took a while for me to get to that point. For a long time it was a real struggle to stay in a hotel. I compensated by washing everything I brought with me (whether or not it was used) and taking a shower, as soon as I got home. I don't have to do that anymore. For a long time I could not go into a public bathroom or a bathroom on a plane. I still don't like it, but I can do it now. I'm lucky I didn't ruin my bladder or kidneys. My biggest phobia place is hospitals, I still have not been able to release that. I can't sit, I can't touch anything, if someone touches me I have a quiet panic attack. When I had to go into the hospital for myself last August, I wasn't sure if what caused me to be there or the stress of being in a hospital was worse. The thing is, I know that hospitals are full of bacteria and viruses, and the floors are not clean. I also know that a healthy immune system is reasonably safe from most of the germs. But knowing reality doesn't usually give relief with phobias.

ETA: It's probably very similar in rationality to our revulsion to other people's excrement. Yet, most of us have no problem changing our own kid's diapers. :)

It's a constant battle not to slip backwards, but I continue to push through, so that's good :). Interestingly, I was never phobic or OCD until after my first pregnancy. I am now certain that I had some form of post partum depression. I was terrified that my babies would get sick and that it would be my fault, so the only way I could protect them was to be impossibly clean. Which, of course is impossible, but it made me feel like I had some control. I know I share a lot about OCD. But I also know that there are others here who struggle with it. I hope that hearing that they are not alone, and that others struggle with some of the same issues, helps them. :)

milanessa
06-27-2010, 05:59 PM
:rofl: Go for it!

Done.

genevieve
06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Oh, in addition to the TP-covering dolls, did anyone else's grandmother's/great-grandmother's bathroom also have a glass jar similar to these (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rj_nIT5XXsU/Sl21VgTUf9I/AAAAAAAAC3I/TzhJVMyDcHQ/s400/Apothecary+jars_destination+hardware.jpg) filled with bath oil balls (usually red or pink, but always rose-scented) but nearly always coated with at least 10 years of dust?
My mom used those, and most of the houses in our town when I was growing up had them. They were quite big in the '70s, I think. of course, my mom may have had them because I kept giving them to her for Mother's Day. Despite the master bathroom in our house having a shower bu no bathtub :P)

my little pony
06-27-2010, 06:57 PM
i need to start posting under a pseud

Fergus
06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I don't care where I stay, I scrub the hell out of the can upon arrival. Especially if I'm there for a while and I drive to get there, I bring cheapo cleaning supplies and just dump 'em when I leave.

I lie. My better-half instinctively does it for me, bless his dear heart. ;)

A roll of papertowels must be on hand at all times.

cruisin
06-27-2010, 07:27 PM
i need to start posting under a pseud

Noooo, don't leave me out here alone! :lol:

my little pony
06-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Noooo, don't leave me out here alone! :lol:

you started it