PDA

View Full Version : Housekeeping becoming a luxury at hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Prancer
07-01-2010, 02:39 PM
I went back to the room while the housekeeping person was still there. I caught her using the same filthy rag that she cleaned the toilet with, to wipe down the sink counter. Can you imagine :eek:? I sprayed the whole bathroom with the Tilex I brought. I don't fool around - bleach is my weapon of choice! :lol:

You didn't watch the video I linked a couple of pages back, did you?

:shuffle:

cruisin
07-01-2010, 03:09 PM
You didn't watch the video I linked a couple of pages back, did you?

:shuffle:

You mean the one about the dirty glasses? I watched that. Let's just hope the glasses weren't wiped with rags used on the toilets.:scream:

Prancer
07-01-2010, 04:37 PM
You mean the one about the dirty glasses? I watched that. Let's just hope the glasses weren't wiped with rags used on the toilets.:scream:

I should say, you didn't read the comments posted underneath the video.

There was one where a guy came back to his room and caught the maid washing his coffee pot out in the toilet, using the toilet bowl cleaner she had put in there :shuffle:.

Spiralgraph
07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh Lordie I'm grossed out now. Thanks a lot, Prancer!

cruisin
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM

There was one where a guy came back to his room and caught the maid washing his coffee pot out in the toilet, using the toilet bowl cleaner she had put in there :shuffle:.

Oh, AGGGG, I didn't read that! I watched the video and that was it. Okay, I'm going to go be sick now.

I have a story that is not quite as bad. We were on a weekend trip to Hershey Park with friends, when our kids were little. We had joining rooms, so that the kids could play in one room and the adults could have a cocktail in the other and still keep an eye on them. This was back when you could smoke in rooms. My friend smoked a cigarette and then swished the ashtray in the toilet, to "clean it". I am still amazed that I didn't completely freak out on her. But I did tell her to wash her hands before she came near me.

zhenya271
07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
On a trip to a foreign country, one of the other travelers woke up in the middle of the night with a cockroach crawling out of his pillow! I don't think any of us slept well for a few nights. In that same hotel, I went back to the room while the housekeeping person was still there. I caught her using the same filthy rag that she cleaned the toilet with, to wipe down the sink counter. Can you imagine :eek:? I sprayed the whole bathroom with the Tilex I brought. I don't fool around - bleach is my weapon of choice! :lol:

cruisin, can you share which country and hotel? I don't want to make that mistake, ever! I think the cockroach grosses me out the most. :yikes:

:scream::rofl:
What are you doing to us?!

Though, if the toilet bowl cleaner was industrial strength it may have been more sanitizing than that blue window cleaner stuff. :lol: JK. :blah:

The kids and I never use those glasses but the DH on the otherhand will scoff at my warnings and use the coffeemaker and coffee cups.:wall:

overedge
07-04-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.theprovince.com/opinion/Vancouver+hotels+green+program+takes+toll+housekee ping+staff/3234265/story.html

WindSpirit
07-04-2010, 11:36 PM
In related news (and this is gross :scream: ) ,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38027232/ns/travel-news/ Well, it was a passenger who caused this. They brought a container with spoiled meat on the plane. Still, how on earth did they manage to get past the screening people I don't know. I had no idea you're allowed to bring meat with you on a plane. Especially when it's spoiled, bleh.

VALuvsMKwan
07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
In keeping with the current maggots on the plane theme:

Where is Samuel L. Jackson when you really need him? :yikes:

kwanfan1818
07-05-2010, 12:38 AM
You can bring lots of things on a plane, as long as they aren't explosive or sharp. Getting meat past customs is another story.

I once checked off the "yes" for nuts because I was bringing back torrone with nuts, and the woman at Canadian customs laughed at me. She said that people check the "no" to the meat question, and then try to carry in a side of an animal.