PDA

View Full Version : Housekeeping becoming a luxury at hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

milanessa
06-28-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm just glad they didn't see THIS: http://www.bathroomgifts.com/pages/products/product.asp?ProdCode=FNF2500

Well, if they had you could've installed this, too. :lol:

http://www.opulentitems.com/Aquarium-Sink_p_1105.html?gdftrk=gdfV2921_a_7c119_a_7c307_a _7cIB212199

allezfred
06-28-2010, 11:11 AM
I think covers on toilet seats is the definition of unhygienic. :scream:

cruisin
06-28-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm just glad they didn't see THIS: http://www.bathroomgifts.com/pages/products/product.asp?ProdCode=FNF2500

That is just crazy! I guess there must be two water tanks or you'd be flushing (Viking Funerals!) fish each time you went to the bathroom. Can you imagine the little fishies swimming for their lives each time? :eek: And afterward swimming around saying things (in fish, of course) like Charlie didn't make it this time? :lol: Also, if you didn't keep the fish tank really clean, that fish smell could case some women to...wonder?

I do recall, however, sitting on the thing for too long and starting to get up, only to realize that my butt had fused to the vinyl and ending up with a big red blotch on my backside :rofl: .

Yes! :lol: And the toilet seat lifts up with you when you stand. then drops away when you get beyond it's range. Feels like it's ripping your butt off!

PDilemma
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
My mother has a fuzzy cover on the toilet lid. That is not as bad as the fuzzy tank cover. And the existence of the fuzzy tank cover is not as bad as the fact that the handle doesn't fit through the slot in the fuzzy cover. So it's buried in there and you have to fish around on the fuzzy cover trying to get hold of it to flush. And the handle does not work properly and has to be jiggled and messed with to successfully flush, because my father refuses to have the toilet professionally repaired because he thinks he has fixed it. Even though it does not work.

I tend to go to the downstairs bathroom when we're there; it is free of fuzzy decor and works properly.

milanessa
06-28-2010, 04:01 PM
My mother has a fuzzy cover on the toilet lid. That is not as bad as the fuzzy tank cover. And the existence of the fuzzy tank cover is not as bad as the fact that the handle doesn't fit through the slot in the fuzzy cover. So it's buried in there and you have to fish around on the fuzzy cover trying to get hold of it to flush. And the handle does not work properly and has to be jiggled and messed with to successfully flush, because my father refuses to have the toilet professionally repaired because he thinks he has fixed it. Even though it does not work.

I tend to go to the downstairs bathroom when we're there; it is free of fuzzy decor and works properly.

:lol: Is there also a fuzzy contour toilet rug?

PDilemma
06-28-2010, 04:13 PM
:lol: Is there also a fuzzy contour toilet rug?

No, thank god. Although, she did buy me one of those once.

I'm just proud to say that none of this is pink, anyway.

cruisin
06-28-2010, 04:22 PM

I've never seen a fuzzy tank cover. Does the toilet, with the tank cover and the seat cover, look like some sort of living creature? It would scare me if I got up in the middle of the night :lol:.

PDilemma
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I've never seen a fuzzy tank cover. Does the toilet, with the tank cover and the seat cover, look like some sort of living creature? It would scare me if I got up in the middle of the night :lol:.

It took her quite some time to find one this time around, actually. They are becoming much less common. Which is a good thing.

Auntie
06-28-2010, 05:44 PM
My biggest phobia place is hospitals, I still have not been able to release that. I can't sit, I can't touch anything, if someone touches me I have a quiet panic attack.

This reminded me of a recent visit to the hospital to see a friend. I don't usually mind hospitals but during this visit I was completely grossed out because it smelled horrible. I didn't mention anything to anyone but was subconsciously ranting and raving. I went to my car and the hospital smell followed me into the car. :scream: I could not wait to go home and get into the shower.

I walk into my house and noticed something weird on my shoe. I turned my shoe over and there was a giant piece of dog crap stuck under the heel.

The hospital didn't smell horrible, I smelled horrible. :rofl: :shuffle:

Cruisin - I'm glad you are making some progress with your OCD. It must help a lot to know that you have been able to overcome some of the issues.

cruisin
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
The hospital didn't smell horrible, I smelled horrible. :rofl: :shuffle:

:lol: that is funny!

Cruisin - I'm glad you are making some progress with your OCD. It must help a lot to know that you have been able to overcome some of the issues.

Thank you, it does. It is important, though, to remember that progress is good, and that you can conquer 95% of your phobia and not feel like a failure if you cannot get past the last 5%. As long as you do not revert, you should feel like you are accomplishing something. I have coping mechanisms for the things that I have not gotten past. The positive there, is that the mechanisms are becoming smaller and smaller. Again, I really hope that some of what I say helps other people. OCD can feel very lonely, because most people don't really understand it. Heck, most of us who have it don't understand why we feel the way we do. We often close ourselves off, because we don't want others to know, we don't want to be thought of as weird or crazy. I find that voicing is cathartic. And the added positive is that I have met others who have admitted their OCD issues and we have helped each other. One thing that I have, that makes me fortunate, is the ability to find humor in my oddness. :lol:

deltask8er
07-01-2010, 02:32 AM
In related news (and this is gross :scream: ) ,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38027232/ns/travel-news/

cruisin
07-01-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm gaging!

nyrak
07-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Filthy hotels, maggots on planes....I may never leave my house again ;)

IceAlisa
07-01-2010, 05:59 AM
In keeping with the current maggots on the plane theme:

The reason that I will never ever stay at the Bellagio, Las Vegas is that someone uploaded pictures of mouse poop inside the desk drawer in the room to a travel website (Fodor's?). It's been years and I am still not over it. :scream:

cruisin
07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
On a trip to a foreign country, one of the other travelers woke up in the middle of the night with a cockroach crawling out of his pillow! I don't think any of us slept well for a few nights. In that same hotel, I went back to the room while the housekeeping person was still there. I caught her using the same filthy rag that she cleaned the toilet with, to wipe down the sink counter. Can you imagine :eek:? I sprayed the whole bathroom with the Tilex I brought. I don't fool around - bleach is my weapon of choice! :lol: