PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mayra
06-24-2010, 01:16 AM
I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 on the 15th and to my surprise, Fed Ex delivered it today. :eek: Considering Apple and AT&T put pre-orders on hold due to high demand, I wasn't expecting it until after the 24th. :respec:

The retina display is insanely nice and the multitasking and folders option on iOS4 are great. It's thinner than the 3G but feels heavier and whereas the 3G has curvature, this one is flat in the back. The front/back facing HD camera is :kickass:.

All in all I'm loving it! :D Anyone else thinking of getting one or already have one? Thoughts?

PrincessLeppard
06-24-2010, 02:33 AM
WANT.

I am jealous. :drama:

Spinner
06-24-2010, 06:37 AM
WANT.

I am jealous. :drama:You have an ipad AND an ipod touch. You're cut off :P

Really
06-24-2010, 12:44 PM
I upgraded the OS on my Touch. It's neat, but dragging things to folders is a bit of a pain when an icon decides it doesn't want to move. I need to get a good non-iPod earbuds/mic combo though so I can use Skype with my iPod. I hate the iPod buds -- they hurt my ears.

As for the phone, I can't afford to get a new anything for another year.

Aceon6
06-24-2010, 01:22 PM
I upgraded the OS on my Touch. It's neat, but dragging things to folders is a bit of a pain when an icon decides it doesn't want to move. I need to get a good non-iPod earbuds/mic combo though so I can use Skype with my iPod. I hate the iPod buds -- they hurt my ears.

As for the phone, I can't afford to get a new anything for another year.

Sennheiser has good, cheap buds. Bonus is they come is a nice wind up case. I have several sets.

Lara
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Mayra - you're lucky you even got through the servers to preorder! Lots didn't apparently.

I have iOS4 on my 3GS now...definitely geeked out with the folders. I can't believe I only have 3 pages of icons now! How did I do without it? :lol: The one thing that sucks is I used to be jailbroken with an app called Backgrounder that basically let me multitask prior to Apple allowing it. Now I have to wait for all the streaming music apps to update and not too many have yet.

I'm upgrade eligible for the iPhone4 but I'm on the fence as to whether to renew with AT&T (especially with Verizon being very possible next year) so I'm waiting till the crazy madness at the Apple stores clears to check it out. I could sell my current phone and barely have to put any money towards the new one...but my 3GS works really well and I never had any display complaints in the past. We'll see...just as well there's no white model available yet so I can't be tempted. :lol:

Angelskates
06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I have the 3GS, how to I get iOS4?

ETA: just figured it out :cheer2:

Mayra
06-25-2010, 05:40 AM
You have an ipad AND an ipod touch. You're cut off :P

Apple products are a little like shoes. You can never have too many! In fact, you NEED them in different sizes, type, color etc :lol:

Mayra - you're lucky you even got through the servers to preorder! Lots didn't apparently.

I have iOS4 on my 3GS now...definitely geeked out with the folders. I can't believe I only have 3 pages of icons now! How did I do without it? :lol:

I'm such an organizational freak that I've spent more time organizing my apps than I care to admit. :o :lol:

I went to the Apple store today to see if they had any "bumper" cases or screen protectors and ended up walking right by the store it was so busy. I generally hate the hassle of screen protectors, but with both sides of the phone being essentially glass, I think I'm going to have to cave in and get the screen protectors. Maybe next week when some of the fuss dies down? :yikes:

Aceon6
06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
You won't be able to get the screen protectors at the Apple Store. Apple has decided not to carry them as they had too many hassles with customers not being able to install them without lint or air bubbles. Check Amazon for Power Support Anti-Glare Film for iPhone4. Power Support films are easy to install and don't retain as much oil as competitors.

Rex
06-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Actor Jason Bateman booed for "cutting" in line at iphone store (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20008866-10391698.html).

I'll never go see one of his movies ever again :drama:.

Rhianna
06-27-2010, 06:02 AM
Michael Bluth does deserve a fancy phone.

IceAlisa
07-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Never mind. :o

DickButtonFan
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Anyone having problems with their iPhone 4? Was thinking of getting one but heard the calls drop and you can't hold it a certain way. Maybe the 3 is better? I don't have AT&T so I don't know if all the talk is true about the calls dropping.

sk8pics
08-23-2010, 10:39 PM
I ordered mine on Saturday. Yes, if you cover the antenna with your hand you may lose your signal. Apple provides a free case and there are a number to choose from. There's an app for that!:lol: I was in the Apple store near me and talked to one of the sales kids about it.

I know a few people who have one and love it. Apparently there is a world of difference between the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 4, which is the transition I'll be making. I don't know if there's as much difference between the 3GS and the 4, though.

I went to 3 different places on Saturday, and none had any in stock. So demand is still exceeding supply. Mine may be here by the end of the week, and I understand when you turn it on, it tells you how to proceed. :lol: You call from your old phone to activate the new one and my friend said it hung up in the middle, right when it said the new phone was activated... because the old one was then no longer active. So it was very fast and easy to activate.

Anita18
08-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I ordered mine on Saturday. Yes, if you cover the antenna with your hand you may lose your signal. Apple provides a free case and there are a number to choose from. There's an app for that! :lol:
I found it really amusing that you had to download an app to get the free bumper. Struck me as an unusual way to sign up for one. :lol:

My bf got an iPhone 4. The first time he called me on it, I couldn't hear him at all. "Hello?" "PSSSST-[silence]-hello? Um, I can't hear anything, but if you hear me..." When I saw him later, the first thing I asked was if he had just called me on his new iPhone. :rofl: Antenna-gate lives!

It's REALLY purty though. The screen is gorgeous and before he received his case, I was fondling it all the time because the front and back felt the same and they were so smooth! :lol:

iOS4 also only works well on the new iPhone. I have a 2G iPod Touch and noticed that it's lagging and the battery life is cut down drastically. Plus it still offers an "airplane mode" with the ability to turn on your wifi, which doesn't make sense on an iPod Touch. :lol: I do like the ability to organize things by folder though...:o

Bf is also writing a game and it only runs smoothly on the iPhone 4 - even his older 3GS doesn't have enough processing speed. Now he has to rewrite his code for the older versions. :lol: