PDA

View Full Version : Monaco's Royal to Wed

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

*Jen*
06-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Given that he already has two kids, I don't think he'd necessarily marry her if he got her pregnant!

smurfy
06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
And just who would Prince Albert ask permission of? Is there some King of the Royals in Europe?

I was on wikipedia reading about Caroline. For her last marriage to Ernst, since the prince is distantly related to Elizabeth II, she gave permission. His family owns property in UK. References the Royal Marriages Act of 1772.

Also the French were notified to remain in compliance withthe 1918 Franco-Monégasque Treaty.

Just old laws??? Or ?? Just interesting to read about.

milanessa
06-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Given that he already has two kids, I don't think he'd necessarily marry her if he got her pregnant!

Succession.

*Jen*
06-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Succession.

But now we know that it'll just go to Caroline or her son...is it such a big deal?

skatesindreams
06-24-2010, 08:16 PM
If he has a legimate child, that child is first in the succession.

*Jen*
06-24-2010, 08:17 PM
If he has a legimate child, that child is first in the succession.

Yes, but it's not necessary to ensure the line of sucession, and if it was such a big deal he could have just married one of the other two baby mamas :P

nerdycool
06-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Are Caroline's children behaving themselves? There is Charlotte and and the boy Andrea and another one whose name escapes me. I haven't seen anything in the tabloids on them.Her youngest son's name is Pierre. From what I can tell, they've behaved themselves. Pierre, at one point, loved the night life, but has kept out of trouble.

And they're all beautiful, even though I do think the boys should keep their hair short. That's just my opinion though, as long hair on men doesn't float my boat.

But Caroline is actually a good person to take "princess lessons" from. She may have had some scandalous beginnings, but she has grown up and taken on many causes, mostly for children and the arts. Stephanie has grown up a bit, too and has become involved in the fight against AIDS.

Yehudi
06-24-2010, 08:35 PM
The current line of succession is Caroline and then her son Andrea, who has spent a lot of time teaching children in Africa.

IceAlisa
06-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks, nerdycool. I was thinking the 3rd kid's name was something like Peter--I wasn't too far off the mark.

milanessa
06-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes, but it's not necessary to ensure the line of sucession, and if it was such a big deal he could have just married one of the other two baby mamas :P

As long as you've lived in Europe I'm surprised you don't get their mindset.

*Jen*
06-24-2010, 11:05 PM
As long as you've lived in Europe I'm surprised you don't get their mindset.

Why do you suppose that I'm the one who doesn't get the mindset? :PWhat do you mean by "their mindset"? The Royal Family of Monaco or the European mindset? Because the latter doesn't exist.

Every country and ever royal family have vastly different mindsets. Take the examples of Monaco, Luxembourg and Norway.

The younger of the two Luxemburgish princes, Prince Louis, fathered a child with a girl who was widely regarded as "une fille vulgaire" - a vulgar girl, who had to go to Switzerland to give birth in secret. They were then married, but the speculation was that they wouldn't have been if it weren't for the child. His now wife is not from a "good" family, whatever it means by Luxemburgish standards, and he renounced his right to succession after the wedding. He had little choice in this.

Meanwhile, in Norway, Prince Haaken married a commoner who already had a child, out of wedlock, with a guy who was then sent to prison. She cried about it on national tv so it was all okay.

Then we have Monaco, where Stephanie (twice divorced) ran off with an elephant trainer and I think had a kid with him, Caroline was a homewrecker and Albert fathered two illegitemate children with women the Luxemburg Duchy would surely regard as 'vulgaire' without needing to marry them, without Stephanie losing her right of sucession, and with minimal scandal.

I've been to Monaco and have spent a bit of time in that region in the nearny south of France. Monaco is dripping with wealth. Even the train station is made of marble. If you have money there, or title, almost anything goes.

Given that mindset, I think that Albert is marrying because he genuinely wants to. Unless he's developed a sudden desire at 52 to see his crochfruit take over ahead of his sister's, which is possible, then there's no other reason. He could have married any of the other two mothers, and if he were a member of some of the other European Royal families he'd have had no say in the matter, but he didn't.

If succession were such an issue, he would have been set up with a suitable woman 20 years ago and would have spawned with her.

But then the Princely family wouldn't be so :watch:

Winnipeg
06-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Because she is pregnant or because she may be pregnant? I'm confused.

I think it is to make sure she is not pregnant with another man's baby who could then become a royal without the right geneology. I think it comes from the olden days.

Winnipeg
06-25-2010, 04:26 PM
He's 52. Time left for what?

hmm I think it becomes hard for men to certain things when they get older

Norlite
06-25-2010, 05:46 PM
hmm I think it becomes hard for men to certain things when they get older

Again, he's only 52.

*Jen*
06-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Again, he's only 52.

And there are things they can do for impotence these days anyway :shuffle: