PDA

View Full Version : Monaco's Royal to Wed

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

milanessa
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
As long as we're speculating...maybe she's pregnant.

Civic
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
That whole family has always seemed Kardashian-grade skeevy, especially Stephanie. Don't really "get" the fascination with them.
I share your view of the younger Grimaldis. Princess' Grace's children maybe perfectly nice people, but they've never seem particularly elegant or dignified. Stephanie started dating her first husband, Daniel Ducruet, when he was still involved with the mother of his first child. Her second husband, Adans Lopez Perez, is a circus performer. Neither marriage lasted more than a hot minute. And I won't even get into her pop music career.:rolleyes:

Princess Caroline married a man her mother warned her against when she was 21 and sure enough the marriage lasted all of two years. Husband #2, Stefano Casiragho, died in a speedboat accident. She broke up her current husband's (Prince Ernst August of Hanover) marriage to his first wife.

Then you have Prince Albert with his two illegitimate children by two different women. I don't know anything about his daughter's mother; other than that both mother and child live in Los Angeles. His son's mother is a former flight attendent who is originally from Togo in West Africa.

IceAlisa
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Are Caroline's children behaving themselves? There is Charlotte and and the boy Andrea and another one whose name escapes me. I haven't seen anything in the tabloids on them.

Norlite
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
She broke up her current husband's (Prince Ernst August of Hanover) marriage to his first wife.

They are separated and could possibly be divorced by now.

Winnipeg
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
As long as we're speculating...maybe she's pregnant.

That's why they have to wait 6 months, isn't it?

Although at his age, there may not be much time left?

Norlite
06-24-2010, 05:58 PM

He's 52. Time left for what?

milanessa
06-24-2010, 06:10 PM

Because she is pregnant or because she may be pregnant? I'm confused.

MOIJTO
06-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Hopefully she can produce an heir, its the only reason I think he is marrying!

kwanfan1818
06-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Prince Albert has certainly taken his time. He're hoping he has better luck at matrimony than his sisters.
I was on a bike trip with a patent attorney, who told me that in his previous job with a white shoe firm in the South, he was being chatted up on the golf course by the partners, and one partner in his 50's was complaining about how his second, younger wives exhausted him (and not in a good way). He told the partner that he'd prefer to skip the first marriage and go straight to the trophy wife.

And who waits to marry until he's 52?
He had to wait for her to be born and grow up.

Wow is she gorgeous. I wonder if another balding fat middle-aged man could attract someone like her if he wasn't like a prince or something.
On Seinfeld, George Constanza lived with his parents, was unemployed for most of the show, and was a whiny asshat. Didn't stop him.

Rex
06-24-2010, 06:56 PM

Fifty-two isn't exactly old.

smurfy
06-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Re - waiting for 6 months. I was reading some stuff last night about how permission needs to be obtained for Royals to marry - so it might some kind of antiquated reason.

Also read in People Magazine of all places, that Charlene has been getting schooled on princess stuff from Caroline and Stephanie. Just makes me laugh.

In reading folks comments on other boards, many say they thought Albert was gay. I laugh, because he has to be BI - with multiple illegitmate kids.

kwanfan1818
06-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Fifty-two isn't exactly old.
Yes. Tony Randall had his first child at 76 and his second at 77 or 78. Samuel Ramey had his first child in his 60's, I think in his mid-60's, since he's 68 now.

He's in great shape, certainly for someone his age, even if he's put on weight since he was a bobsledder, and unless something has changed, he's proven he's fertile.

Also read in People Magazine of all places, that Charlene has been getting schooled on princess stuff from Caroline and Stephanie. Just makes me laugh.

She'll learn all the work-arounds :)

genegri
06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Getting bored waiting for the next WC game, I got curious enough to check out who this prince guy was.

Well, he is not exactly a looker, is he? And getting on.

Whatever his gf is after, I am sure she will get it. :rofl: Go for it, girl!

I remember Monaco has a very good looking and young prince too. Guess this is not it.

milanessa
06-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Re - waiting for 6 months. I was reading some stuff last night about how permission needs to be obtained for Royals to marry - so it might some kind of antiquated reason.

And just who would Prince Albert ask permission of? Is there some King of the Royals in Europe?

heckles
06-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes. Tony Randall had his first child at 76 and his second at 77 or 78. Samuel Ramey had his first child in his 60's, I think in his mid-60's, since he's 68 now.

Do we want to encourage that, though? I don't see much difference between a 35 year old father walking out on his kids and a 78 year old man siring kids when he knows he'll likely croak or at least be incapacitated before those kids are grown. There's a lot more to being a father than leaving a sizable inheritance.