PDA

View Full Version : ‘Runaway bride’ says she’s found love at last

Pages : 1 [2]

FunnyBut
06-23-2010, 05:25 AM
The original husband-to-be must be thanking his lucky stars that she ran away. He really dodged a bullet.

shan
06-23-2010, 05:59 AM
crazy eyes 2010!

:rofl: Love the crazy eyes!!!

jamesy
06-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Think she could pose as one of those damned model-quins they had in their ad campaign? Of course, that might drive business away :shuffle:
Those bug eyes would probably make the manequin top heavy and it would tip over.

genevieve
06-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Did anyone else ever squeeze their Barbie Doll's head slightly? The effect was not unlike Ms Wilbanks and her Crazy Eyes (tm)

Gazpacho
06-23-2010, 11:14 AM
The runaway bride thing, along with the debt, makes me wonder if she has a serious problem with impulse control. Originally I didn't think the runaway bride incident was an impulse decision (nor did I think it wasn't--no clear evidence either way), but combined with this, she definitely has a mental disorder.

Prancer
06-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Did anyone else ever squeeze their Barbie Doll's head slightly? The effect was not unlike Ms Wilbanks and her Crazy Eyes (tm)

PML! I thought the same thing.

Rex
06-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Definite bunny-boiler, if you ask me :scream: .

When she pulled that stunt, it was all the Atlanta news could focus on for days. Did she ever have to pay the city/county back for the cost of searching for her?

Also, I'm with everyone who's bumfuzzled at how anyone could rack up that much debt at Old Navy :confused: . That's an awful lot of hoodies and capri pants :rofl: .

Think she could pose as one of those damned model-quins they had in their ad campaign? Of course, that might drive business away :shuffle:
The article said that she had to pay $2200 back to the city in restitution. The city said they spent $60K on the "manhunt". She got off lucky.

ArtisticFan
06-23-2010, 01:56 PM
The article said that she had to pay $2200 back to the city in restitution. The city said they spent $60K on the "manhunt". She got off lucky.

I know she ended up doing quite a bit of community service/labor for a while after the incident. I was living close to her at the time and it used to be a joke around town to see where they had her that day. She was mowing city facility lawns, planting trees, etc. It stinks that she only had to pay that small amount, but they didn't let her off easy on the community service. It wasn't one of those go play cards with the old people at the nursing home kind of deals.

Rex
06-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I know she ended up doing quite a bit of community service/labor for a while after the incident. I was living close to her at the time and it used to be a joke around town to see where they had her that day. She was mowing city facility lawns, planting trees, etc. It stinks that she only had to pay that small amount, but they didn't let her off easy on the community service. It wasn't one of those go play cards with the old people at the nursing home kind of deals.

Good. I guess the work that she put in made up for the costs incurred by the police searching for her.

genevieve
06-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Somehow I doubt that she did $58K worth of community service, but at least it's something.

ArtisticFan
06-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Somehow I doubt that she did $58K worth of community service, but at least it's something.

I doubt she did either, but I will say it was nice to see them actually making her work.