PDA

View Full Version : Good Exercise DVD's you'd recommend...

Pages : 1 [2]

myhoneyhoney
06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
The Firm's Cardio Sculpt (http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Sculpting-System-Cardio-Sculpt/dp/B00008LE00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1277239916&sr=8-1) This is my all-time fave workout. I lost almost 20 lbs about 4 years about with just this DVD. It helps if you have the Fanny Lifter but you can use regular stepper (some even use those Rubbermaid step stools) and some hand weights. I used 3,5, and 8 lbs. I started doing this work out 2 weeks ago and already see good results!

If you want straight cardio I love Billy Blank's Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1 (http://www.amazon.com/Billy-Blanks-Tae-Bo-Circuit/dp/B0002VEPFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1277240074&sr=1-1). This sucker makes me sweat buckets!

Bev Johnston
06-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I do have FitTV...and a DVR....I'll have to record some and check her out.

I just checked the FitTV website, and it looks like they aren't calling it "Cardio Blast" anymore. Actually, that's good because it wasn't all cardio. It also looks like it's not on daily anymore, but there are some shows on next week. The website said 12pm and 7pm. I assume that's EST, but I could be wrong.

Also, FitTV has the All Star Workouts series. I saw that they have a Bosu workout with Bosu inventor, David Weck, coming up this week. If you have access to a Bosu, he gives you lots of great exercises that you can do on them. There's also a ball workout on this week that I am going to check out.

Southpaw
06-22-2010, 09:58 PM
I love Cathe's step choreography because the moves are fun, easy to learn, and she doesn't linger long enough on a pattern that you end up getting bored. Just when you're about to get bored she changes it up. She used to be a gymnast and a dancer so she's got the natural athletic/artistic blend that we figure skating fans lurve and it comes through in the choreography.

I started out with her Basic Step DVD and now I'm doing the IMAXes and Body Blast. Her DVDs come with a lot of different premixes so you get a good variety of workouts even within the DVD.

I also own STS but I haven't made the commitment to that yet. :shuffle:

Prancer
06-23-2010, 12:58 AM
ETA: Thanks for all the links, Prancer. Lots of choices. There are a ton of work-out videos out there. The Paul Abdul one would be fun I bet.

The Paula Abdul one IS fun (a little out of date on the music now, but fun), but it's also a lot tougher than many people expect. Karen Voight was the fitness consultant on that one; it really IS a workout, even though it's presented like a party.

Rock2
06-23-2010, 02:01 AM
P90X should be done after you have been on an exercise program for awhile and are in pretty good shape already but I do agree that one is amazing!!

I have it and completely agree. I'm not new to the gym and I found these a challenge.

I'm assuming most of you in this thread are ladies, and let me give you one big tip. Cut your refined carbs out and you'll really notice a difference. Chips, pretzels, crackers, sugar filled drinks (that's almost everything), white bread, regular pasta, cake, pizza dough...

Yes there are a million fat loss nutrition tips but really this one is the biggest one that can help you. Women are notorious for low-protein/high carb diets and this works against you more than lack of exercise.

I remember someone telling me once that I could either eat a few slices of pizza or I could run at a VERY brisk pace for an hour. I chose to do neither :) The point is that I realized that unless you're reeeeeally pushing it with an exercise program (e.g. P90X five times a week, one hour a day), you have to control your calories and cut refined carbs in a big way or you're just working against yourself and will get not much for results. A few food mess ups and you negate that work you put in.

Hope that helps