PDA

View Full Version : The Zars retire

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Eden
06-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Ice dancers Alexandra and Roman Zaretsky from Israel (10th in last OLY and 6th in last Worlds) annonced their retirement from ice dancing due to a lack of support from the Israeli Federation.

Ynet (http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3908058,00.html) (in Hebrew) reports that their main complains are against the chairman, Boris Chait, Galit's father.

MikiAndoFan#1
06-20-2010, 10:06 PM
:fragile:

It's such a shame some athletes don't have enough support from their federations.

:(

I'll definately miss Alexandra & Roman and I wish them all the best for their future!

AxelAnnie
06-20-2010, 10:11 PM
What a shame. I really enjoyed their skating. They were different, but brought something uniquely wonderful and refreshing to the ice.

Eden
06-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Here is translation of main points:

"We found job as coaches, and from now on we're not going to skate." - said Roman to ynet, and added: "We didn't want to retire, but there was nothing else we could do. Sasha took it very hard as if somebody spitted on her face..."
Igor Zaretsky, the father, said that it was impossible to continue the way things were going. Roman was injured, and didn't get the Federation's support. He claims that his children were asked to sign on a contract, which would have left them only with debts and no rights. He also told ynet, that Galit Chait found already a new junior ice dancers and is coaching them in USA.
Boris Chait said in response that the contract which the Zars were asked to sign was the same as the ones they were asked to sign before, the only difference was that due to them being late all the time it was added there that in case they don't come on time for training they will be charged with fine. He blamed the Zars with unprofessional behaviour and not keeping the right weight. "We met with them on May third, and asked them what bothers them, and how we can change things in order to make them continue" - says Chait, - "They will be given anything they want as long as they conduct in professional manner. If they want to change their coach, please tell the name of the new one. Anyway the way it is now is bad for them, and bad for us, but life goes on."

museksk8r
06-20-2010, 10:21 PM
UGH, the hits just keep comin'. :wuzrobbed Maybe we should change the color background of the forum to black and gray. :(

TAHbKA
06-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Unbelievingly unprofessional interview. Pretty much the ynet style

ryanbfan
06-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Did anyone see the latest tweet from Sarah and Drew?

SarahandDrew: The Zaretskys retired... and there's another retirement coming very soon...

I don't know how much more of these retirements I can take.. :(

letsskate
06-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I wonder the next retirement is coming from who? -_-

I'm surprised that the Zars decided to retire.. i think they're still very young for ice dancing.

Eden
06-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Though I was never a big fan of the Zars (siblings are not my cup of tea), I agree that they should have stayed inspite the difficulties they faced from the Israeli Federation, which is similar to other Israeli Federations in other sports. :shuffle:

shan
06-21-2010, 12:25 AM
SarahandDrew: The Zaretskys retired... and there's another retirement coming very soon...

:eek: Who else could it be?

nitsansh
06-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Unbelievingly unprofessional interview. Pretty much the ynet style

Don't blame the messenger. He didn't say the rubbish, he just brought it to the public's knowledge, as the media should do. He interviewed both sides and allowed the accused his right to respond. I don't see anything "unbelievingly unprofessional" by the journalist. I do see lot of unprofessional behaviour by both sides.

MikiAndoFan#1
06-21-2010, 01:10 AM

:eek:

Please make it stop!

:drama:

mia joy
06-21-2010, 01:16 AM
siblings are not my cup of tea

oh, come on, you have to be at least a bit moved by the Kerrs... I mean, who doesn't love the Kerrs? :cool: :P

but anyway, it's really sad to hear this is the reason for the Zars to retire. I was never a fan, actually their skating was boring for me and their recent high places annoyed me, but it's never nice to hear athletes end their careers because of such backstage dramas...

Eden
06-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Sorry, don't like the Kerrs either :shuffle: :slinkaway

I don't see anything "unbelievingly unprofessional" by the journalist. I do see lot of unprofessional behaviour by both sides.
ITA! :respec:
The journalist published what Zars and Papa Zar told him. IMO, they will regret this interview, since it didn't do them any favors.
The same goes to Boris Chait, who doesn't seem to understand athlets' needs.

vivika1982
06-21-2010, 01:55 AM
I wish them luck with coaching and maybe shows.It is a shame because thety had a potential.