PDA

View Full Version : The designated coach for jumps was decided for Asada. New FS is “Liebestraum”.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MR-FAN
06-26-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm not familiar with Liebestraum - at least not the name. If it's common music I'm sure I'll recognize it though.

Who else has skated to it?

Mishkutenok/Dmitriev (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-lIi2YAJyY)

ali_dorate
06-26-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm not familiar with Liebestraum - at least not the name. If it's common music I'm sure I'll recognize it though.

Who else has skated to it?

Jennifer Robinson 2002 Olympics LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHczVxIWIX4

This program was choreographed by Lori.

dinakt
06-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I love Mao's musical choices, all very high quality music. How can Chopin's Ballade #1 ever be boring? :) If the program is horrible ( which it will not be , even the 5- second- clip looks good) , I'll just close my eyes and listen. I hope it's an original piano version and a pianist is good. Chopin's Ballades and Mao for me go beautifully together- it' s a shame it is not a competitive program, though Liebestraum and Schnittke should fit as well.

Akira Andrea
06-26-2010, 08:09 AM
This is an article in “Sankei Sports” in Japan.
Translation into English.
Mao showed the new program.
June 26th, 2010 JST

The Sinsei Bank Presnts "Dream on Ice 2010", hosted by Sankei Shinbun etc, was opened in Shin-Yokohama Skate Center in June 25th. (till June 27th) and Vancouver Olympics silver medalist, Mao Asada (19, Chukyo University ) etc showed the new program of this season. Mao skated to the music "Ballade No. 1 in G miner" (by Chopin) of new exhibition program and performed gracefully with a snow-white costume which she imagined a ballerina by.

In fact, she is curing herself of jumps bigly now with Hiroshi Nagakubo (63), the special coach for jumps whom she asks for coach from this season. From Axel jump which she is good at to Salchow jump which she is no good at, she is starting learning all jumps again from single rotation jump. Nagakubo said, "Her jump so far has height but does not have width, so I am curing her of bad habit of jump while spending time for it." On this day, there was a scene to mistake a double Axel on the way of the performance, too, but Mao looked like being feeling the response sufficiently while saying, "It is well in its own way if it can connect as the tomorrow problem."

The photo:
Photography: by Kumiko Chubachi
Mao who is greeting to fan with jeans. She fascinated everybody by cute charm which can't see usually.
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/100626/spm1006260504000-p1.htm

The article:
Mao showed the new program.
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100626/spm1006260504000-n1.htm

Frau Muller
06-26-2010, 10:56 AM
PERFECT choices for Asada - a bit edgy in the SP, romantic & flowing in the LP.

I am soooo looking forward to this!!!!!

Frau Muller
06-26-2010, 11:01 AM
2010-2011 season
SP:....Choreography: Tatiana Tarsova.........
Ex:.....Choreography: Tatiana Tarasova

Uh-oh. :confused:

oleada
06-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Tarasova choreographed Mao's Tango & Caprice exhibitions, which were wonderful.

Akira Andrea
06-27-2010, 10:35 AM
This is an article in “Yomiuri Shinbun” in Japan.
Translation into English.
June 26th, 2010 JST
The new rule revision in figure skating may be a favorable wind for Mao.

In the Congress in this season, International Skating Union (ISU) decided some rule revisions as for figure skating.
As for the required element in short program (SP) of Ladies, the choice of triple Axel which had not been recognized so far was added, so it seems to be favorable to Mao.

As for the required element in SP of Ladies so far, the Axel type jump was the designation only of the double Axel jump but got to be able to choose "the double or the triple".

For Asada, there are two merits. In Rostelecom Cup in Last season, because her triple Axel combination was judged as under-rotation and was downgraded to the double Axel, the double Axel which was attempted as required element and succeeded in cleanly became 0 points with being regarded as "repetition of element". The unfairness on the rule like that is corrected.

Moreover, for Asada, some latitude in determining the assortment as for jump element widens, too. In SP in Vancouver Olympics, Asada jumped triple Axel-double jump, triple jump and double Axel, but the base value was 18.5 points. It was lower than 19 points which was the base value of Yu-Na Kim (Korea). In June 25th aiming at this season, Asada revealed, “I am thinking that, leaving the double Axel, I put in single triple Axel, Loop combination and triple Flip.”, but the base value becomes near 20 points in this case (in the case of triple-double combination).

But, how much score Asada can get actually depends on how steadily Asada can nail each element. The score is the one to have added or deducted "the grades of execution (GOE)" to the base value and Kim increased the gap between herself and Asada in the Olympics, getting a big adding point at GOE of each element. Oser coach who coached Kim said, "The key of present judging system is GOE", but that undercurrent does not change still.

On the other hand, in SP of Men, as for the quad jump which was only once admitted so far, it got to be admitted to jump it 2 times, if being the kind to be different. In June 25th, the Olympics silver medalist, Plushenko who came to Japan for an ice show, evaluated, saying, "I had said that it should have it jump two times even from 8 years ago, but it realized at last. I am satisfied with the revision of this time because I think that to challenge jumps of high difficulty level such as quad jump and to pursue a technical height are the future of the figure skating."

As for the rule revision in Ladies of this time, Japan Skating Federation appealed to do so. The criticism that the risk of the players who challenge the skill of a high difficulty degree are too high and they don't receive proper evaluation, rose so that Plushenko had directly appealed in Olympics. In response to that, ISU eased the points to deduct by the turn lack in May, but the revision of this time is the movement which continues to it. The value of the revision of this time will live truly if it decreases the risk of the challenge to high difficulty skill and leads the opportunity which improves evaluation of skill itself.

The article:
The new rule revision in figure skating may be a favorable wind for Mao.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20100626-OYT1T00873.htm