PDA

View Full Version : New Italian pair Yarkhunova&Guarise will compete @ Indy Challenge and Skate Detroit

Pages : 1 [2]

Sk8swan
07-04-2010, 08:22 AM
On this page (http://www.doppioaxel.it/pagina_1.html) you can watch a video of Elena & Matteo's training (right side video - you need quicktime to view it) :)

As for the competitions I mentioned above they decided not to compete in Detroit. Indy Challenge is still in their plans though.

zotza
07-04-2010, 01:57 PM
They look good!!I aways liked his posture, he had the posture of a figure skater so I can't wait.

orbitz
07-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow, he's a gorgeous looking kid.

Has he ever ice skated before prior to this? I can't imagine it's easy for roller skaters to transfer all of their skills to the ice if they haven't had ice training before.

Sk8swan
07-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Wow, he's a gorgeous looking kid.

Has he ever ice skated before prior to this? I can't imagine it's easy for roller skaters to transfer all of their skills to the ice if they haven't had ice training before.

Nope never skated on the ice before just like Marika & Federico. But unlike them he has been committing himself to training full-time from the beginning and with the right people too.

casken
07-04-2010, 06:09 PM
On this page (http://www.doppioaxel.it/pagina_1.html) you can watch a video of Elena & Matteo's training (right side video - you need quicktime to view it) :)

Am I going senile, or was that second throw a quad? :wideeyes:

kwanfan1818
07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
It looked so easy.

I never would have guessed four years ago that I'd think that there aren't enough spots for Italian pairs.

Ziggy
07-05-2010, 12:26 AM
I never would have guessed four years ago that I'd think that there aren't enough spots for Italian pairs.

Just at a time when ISU is reducing Pairs spots too. :( :mad:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-05-2010, 05:33 AM

As for the competitions I mentioned above they decided not to compete in Detroit. Indy Challenge is still in their plans though.

Thanks for the link. :)

They look good. She has wonderful flexibility and hits some lovely positions. Yet another team I'm looking forward to seeing compete.

I think Pairs is gonna be awesome in this new quad. It could go back to being my fave discipline.

Aaron W
07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
^^ It is pretty impressive to see him handling the lifts reasonably well. While having prior experience lifting his partners is probably quite helpful, to be able to translate that experience onto the ice with figure skates (and toe picks) can't be easy.

They're new, but hopefully their stroking will improve with time. I'd noticed watching some of the roller skating videos (not just of him, but others as well) that many teams don't really get down into their knees when they're stroking, particularly back stroking. It appears that's the case so far with his figure skating as well. But since he is knew to the sport, hopefully this will improve with time & experience.

Looking forward to seeing how this team performs this season!