PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

paskatefan
06-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Love the whole series, and saw the new one yesterday in 3-D at the local IMAX theater. Loved it!!!:D

KikiSashaFan
06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm going to see it on Friday, and I have googled Totoro in preparation :shuffle:

I have high hopes, I loved the first two. The only Pixar movie I haven't loved was The Incredibles, which was :blah:

vesperholly
06-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Honestly, the thing you're all spoiler tagging isn't really a spoiler ...

I saw it on Monday. Excellent but I was never obsessed with the Toy Story movies, good as they are. I think Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and Wall-E were better, but Pixar movies are all so good it's just personal preference. I spent half the movie squeeing at toys I had from my childhood. And holy crap, were there a lot of them. I especially loved the Fisher Price telephone.

KikiSashaFan
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Honestly, the thing you're all spoiler tagging isn't really a spoiler ...

I wondered about that, but I didn't want to be the one to ruin it :o

NancyNC
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
We saw it on Saturday. LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! Although I always feel a bit odd when I get teary-eyed at an animated comedic movie. Bambi is one thing, but I wasn't expecting it during this one. Ken cracked me up... :lol:

Anita18
06-29-2010, 02:55 AM
We saw it on Saturday. LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! Although I always feel a bit odd when I get teary-eyed at an animated comedic movie. Bambi is one thing, but I wasn't expecting it during this one. Ken cracked me up... :lol:
What cracked me up was Mr. Potato Head reconstituted on a tortilla...then being picked at by a pigeon! :rofl: And of course, "The claaaaw!"

My sister, my mom, and I watched it together yesterday. It was my sister's second time seeing it - she "didn't think it would be that good" (my reaction: "BLASPHEMY! It's PIXAR!" :mad: ) but her friends took her last week and she loved it.

I think it was much better structured than the most recent Pixar movies. Wall-E, Ratatatouille, and Up all got ridiculously over-the-top in their third acts and lost me somewhat, but Toy Story 3 kept up the tone and momentum really nicely.

I still think Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are my favs though. :)

Jojo
06-29-2010, 06:07 AM
My husband and I saw it yesterday, with our 10-year old son and his 3 closest buddies. I was surprised all these 'cool' tweeners would be interested in going.

My. What a movie. I remember someone wrote upthread that the adults were laughing more than the kids. Same as my experience. The theatre was packed and the kids seemed to be really enjoying it. But it was the adults who werre howling they laughed so much.

My objective for this movie was to limit the crying so I didn't embarass my son. Well, I cried loads, but I was able to collect myself at the end, so it didn't show... that, and I went to the bathroom fix my makeup.

But that was one hell of a tear jerker. Loved, loved, loved it!

walei
06-29-2010, 08:02 AM
I also loved the movie! TBH when I heard they are making Toy Story 3 I wished Pixar would explore new ideas instead of doing sequels.. but oh my it was such a wonderful movie, animation or otherwise! Especially the ending, where even the toughest of us could identify with and melt with emotional impact. So many tough guys I know admit that they felt like crying at the end.

My favorite film from Pixar up until Toy Story 3 was Finding Nemo, but I think this comes really close. My least favorite is Cars... it is the least praised Pixar movie to date (according to rottentomatoes.com) but I've read Cars brought more revenue in terms of merchandising for Disney than any other Pixar movie. Which is not surprising that next year's Pixar feature will be Cars 2... I have mixed feeling about it.

twinsmom
06-29-2010, 10:23 PM
What cracked me up was Mr. Potato Head reconstituted on a tortilla...then being picked at by a pigeon! :rofl:

Oh my gosh Anita18, me too! I couldn't stop laughing at that :lol: I think the people at Pixar are geniuses - so creative in everything they've done. I have loved almost everything they've done. I loved the Night and Day short at the beginning too (my favorite short has to be For the Birds though--love the expressions). I'm so happy to see that others shed tears; I was telling my kids what a wimp I am crying at a cartoon! I absolutely loved this show. I would see it again in a heartbeat, I thought it was absolutely fantastic! All the Toy Story movies have been great. The Toy Story trilogy, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Up have been my favs.

*Jen*
06-29-2010, 10:48 PM
I also loved it! I saw it in 3D on Saturday with a friend. We're both moving away from this city in 3 months or less, leaving behind a lot of friends, so we both found it really sad. I think there is something in it that touches every adult. It's hard to move on and no one wants to be left behind or leave anyone behind, and those themes were prevalent in the movie.

The ending for me was bittersweet, but I loved it.

And I HATED Wall-E. What a load of tripe. It focused too much on the message and not enough on any coherent story. You know, one with dialogue in the first 30 minutes ;) Toy Story 3 was the opposite. It was all about the story :)

Did anyone else think, for a second, that the Toys were all going to be melted? I had to remind myself that it was a kids movie and that it wouldn't happen!

Rhianna
06-30-2010, 08:42 AM
I really enjoyed the themes, but I do have to say that not every child necessary out grows their toys. ;)

I went with two friends and all three of us cried (although the boys dubbed their tears 'man tears' of course). Afterward we were talking about how sad it was and I said it made me feel so guilty about just ditching all of my childhood toys and that the few stuffed animals I do keep around don't include my childhood best friend which was an Ernie doll. One of my friends said it was definitely had but that he definitely hadn't abandoned his toys, he'd just replaced them with new toys and that's what made him feel guilty. He does have an ancient Slinky Dog toy that he got when the first movie came out, it still has a place of prominence in his room.

BelleBway
06-30-2010, 01:58 PM
He does have an ancient Slinky Dog toy that he got when the first movie came out, it still has a place of prominence in his room.

Damn I feel old when people call toys that came out in 1995 "ancient" :shuffle:

I guess some of the toys I still have around must be prehistoric. :lol:

zhenya271
06-30-2010, 09:44 PM
What cracked me up was Mr. Potato Head reconstituted on a tortilla...then being picked at by a pigeon! :rofl: And of course, "The claaaaw!"

The kids are still laughing over this a week later, so funny!:lol:

Big baby and the monkey with the cymbals freaked me out-I've never liked those toys even as a child. :scream:

RedRover
07-01-2010, 03:55 AM
Just saw it tonight - loved it! Then came home & immediately dug up my 16 year old son's Woody & Buzz toys & placed them on his bed! He thought my reaction to the movie was pretty fun but played along. Made me want to dig around see if I could find any of my old toys....

Rhianna
07-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Damn I feel old when people call toys that came out in 1995 "ancient" :shuffle:

I call it ancient for him because he was 4 when he got it. :P