PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

mgobluegirl
06-20-2010, 05:27 AM
I loved it. Count me in as another who grew up on the Toy Story magic, and I loved that they revisited some of the memorable lines from the first 2 movies. Watching it felt like taking out your own old toys and playing with them again. The ending was bittersweet but perfect, and there was a lot of fun and humor too. Surprisingly (to me) there were hardly any kids in the theater when I saw it this afternoon - mostly people my age.

paskatefan
06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Can't wait to see it!

lmarie086
06-20-2010, 04:30 PM
LOVED it. Saw it the other night and had tears in my eyes at the end. TS 3 stays true to the feeling of the other movies, I never had any "reallyyyyy now?" moments haha; it was all very well done. And I love the progression of time through the series; I grew up right along with it and it was special to see.

Think I may need to see it again haha!

soxxy
06-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Yikes, Toy Story 3 is making a fortune. Will this be the highest grossing film of the year?Not sure if Avatar is officially considered a 2009 or 2010 release.

Garden Kitty
06-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Kimmie Meissner tweeted that she'd gone to the midnight showing and just loved the film.

jenny12
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Yikes, Toy Story 3 is making a fortune. Will this be the highest grossing film of the year?Not sure if Avatar is officially considered a 2009 or 2010 release.

I'm guessing Avatar was 2009 since it was considered for last year's Oscar. I'd be shocked if another movie this year made the money Toy Story 3 looks to be making.

oleada
06-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Saw it tonight. Loved it. I'm not a terrible huge fan of the first two, but this was my favorite. I thought it worked more for adults than children, honestly. I think some scenes might be a bit scary for small children.

I was bawling by the end.

flyingsit
06-21-2010, 02:00 PM
It was outstanding. One of the things I love so much about Pixar's movies is that the characters are fully-developed independent of the actors' personas, as opposed to a lot of other animated films.

My favorite Pixar movies are Monsters Inc., the Incredibles, and all of the Toy Stories.

Ajax
06-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I absolutely loved it. So funny in places, so poignant in others. They deftly handled very adult themes without getting heavy-handed: The sadness of leaving behind things you love when you go to college, the empty-nest syndrome of Andy's mom, the realization that sometimes you have no choice but to let people go, the festering bitterness of being abandoned... Doesn't even sound like a kid's film when you list all those!

The short-film at the beginning was also amazing!

FigureSpins
06-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Saw it Saturday night at the drive in. What a great movie with the big "happily ever after" ending. Loved the strawberry-scented bear's karma, the aliens unwavering faith in The Claw, and most of all, the non-toy characters. They were so true to real life kids, lol.

Someone on a Disney board pointed out that Andy's mother is a single parent. Hadn't really noticed that myself.

Aaron W
06-21-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm incredibly anxious to see this film, though I probably won't make it to the theater until the 2nd weekend of July. I saw Toy Story two twice when it was in the theater - one of only two films I've ever seen multiple times in the theater (the other being Milk). Without a doubt Toy Story 2 is my favorite Pixar film. I'm definitely excited to see Toy Story 3. The top critics review on RottenTomatoes.com is at 100%!

~tapdancer~
06-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Saw it today. Just loved it. I, too, was crying at the ending...so poignant. It totally pulled my heartstrings just like 1 and 2 did.

I noticed Andy's mom being a single parent...there was a picture of Andy in graduation robe with Molly and his mother hanging in his room. I always thought maybe just his dad was at work in the first two movies but that picture made me think...single mom because dad would have been in the picture, too. Or maybe he was taking the picture. I think she was a single mom, though.

jeffisjeff
06-22-2010, 01:30 AM
My son just turned 7. At his b-day party, he got movie theatre gift cards from 7 different people (about half of those attending). Apparently, they all had the same idea - Toy Story 3. :lol:

Cyn
06-22-2010, 05:32 AM
I haven't seen it yet as I'm waiting for MiniCyn to get back from her mini-vacation so we can see it together.

Both of the previous two Toy Story movies are right up there as my favorite Pixar movies, right behind Ratatouille, which is hands-down my all-time favorite they've done so far. I was less than impressed with Cars, and while I enjoyed A Bug's Life (how can one not enjoy Dave Foley, Madeleine Kahn, Denis Leary, John Ratzenberger, Julia Louis Dreyfuss, et al - what a fabulous cast!!

I still have yet to see Wall-E/I] or [I]The Incredibles (eys, I know I need to watch both as most people I know rave about them).

Gotta say, though, as much as I love the Toy Story movies, the over-commercialization of it is starting to get on my nerves. It seems like one cannot watch TV without being inundated with eleventy-billion ads with the characters endorsing some product :wall: .

Indra486
06-23-2010, 01:00 AM
For all of you animation fans out there, Pixar pays homage to Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli in Toy Story 3 be having a stuffed Totoro in the film. I was absolutely delighted when I saw it and it made me want to see My Neighbor Totoro again.

I went my friends and when he showed up on screen, we all squealed his name out loud! :lol: People in the theater was all :confused: I was already enjoying the film prior to his appearance but that definitely sealed the deal.

I really enjoyed the themes, but I do have to say that not every child necessary out grows their toys. ;) It was also interesting how the writers portrayed the age group of children and their treatment of toys. It certainly made me think of my childhood. Ha!

I wanted to point out that the dance sequence in the credits was animated to the movements of Cheryl Burke and Tony Dovolani's dancing. I was watching it and I thought it looked very ballroom. Then the credits with Cheryl and Tony's names came up and it all made perfect sense.