PDA

View Full Version : Dreams on Ice 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Tak
06-27-2010, 02:51 AM
I saw the show last night and Wow! I love this show because you usually get to see some of the new season's programs - kind of like a sneak preview.

For me the best program of the night was Hanyu's Swan Lake. So balletic and a very unusual version of the music - does anyone know the CD it's from? - I don't know who choreographed this, but by the end of the season it will be stunning.

2nd best was Daiskuke's Amelie. At times skating this he really looked like Lambiel. An amazing SP. Very PoV - and his interpretation was very good for so early in the season.

Lambiel did a laid back jazzy number that really suited him.

Mao had a gorgeous exhibition to Chopin that I wish she'd use for her LP. It was very balletic in tone, with very clean lines and positions - including Michelle Kwan's move where she grabs her ankle, leg in a split. Her very simple, elegant white ballet costume really helped set the mood of the piece.

Miki looked relaxed and happy. She has made great progress in recent years with style and lines, and it showed in this [some pop song about love]. I think this will be her exhibition number this year [wish I'd seen her SP].

Plushenko still looks in great shape with great jumps - he got a great reception from the crowd, but as a performer I think he was really out-classed last night.

It was a really great night of skating, and for anyone in Japan it will be on Fuji TV at 1pm today [Sunday].

MikiAndoFan#1
06-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Thanks for your report, Tak!

It was a really great night of skating, and for anyone in Japan it will be on Fuji TV at 1pm today [Sunday].

It's 3 am here and I'm going to stay up to watch the broadcast!

:D

roma
06-27-2010, 05:09 AM
broadcast has already started. akiko and kanako have already performed. some clips on plushy shown also.

dinakt
06-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Is there a way for people in the US to see it? Any info is much appreciated!

MikiAndoFan#1
06-27-2010, 05:24 AM

Install KeyHoleTV and you're all set! Oh, and search for Fuji TV. It's one of the last channels.

jenny12
06-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Install KeyHoleTV and you're all set! Oh, and search for Fuji TV. It's one of the last channels.

Thank you. It is working for me. Not the best picture quality on my computer, but I'm glad to see the performances.

roma
06-27-2010, 05:29 AM

Or search for this channel: フジテレビ

Laura Lepisto just finished skating...

Plushy now... he said he wants to try to continue til 2014!

MikiAndoFan#1
06-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Miki's exhibition was gorgeous!

:swoon:

jenny12
06-27-2010, 05:59 AM
I enjoyed Mao. Too bad about the jump mistakes, but really nice spirals throughout.

ChibiChibi
06-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Daisuke

http://www.youtube.com/user/judylee11#p/u/0/PYn9M927twE

Mao

http://www.youtube.com/user/judylee11#p/u/1/J7ZUlgONnBE

Miki

http://www.youtube.com/user/judylee11#p/u/2/GBjdy53ZZZ8

Tak
06-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Having just seen the broadcast - I realize I forgot some skaters. Kaneko Murakami has really grown [gotten a lot taller] - so has Hanyu. She did a really lively number to Be Italian from Nine. Live she has a lot more charisma than comes across on TV - I really liked it.

Akiko is doing a tango again as her new SP. This time to Jealousy [my favorite tango music]. It doesnt look as good right now as Libertango, but I think by the end of the season it will be just as good if not better.

Fumie was there too and did her Arabian Dance number. I remember seeing this before, so I think it's her ex from last season.

Miki must have had 2 numbers, because the one of TV [black jacket, hat and shorts] was not the one I saw. Mine was a love song - slower - and in a beautiful white evening kind of dress - soft, feminine and lovely. All the others had the same number that I saw.

Plushenko had a backstage interview where he said his dream was to compete at Sochi, but he'll be 31 then and he realizes that is old for skating - esp men's skating. So he will see how it goes. Hopefully he will stay healthy and that is his goal - to be able to skate in his 4th Olympics - and of course at home. He seemed to be quite realistic about it - I hope he succeeds.

Unfortunately they cut Hanyu - my favorite program! If they follow past practice, Fuji will show it again uncut in a week or 2 on their BS channel, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to see it again.

Lombardia412
06-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Just saw Mao's new exhibition!
:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:
Exquisite program. Amazingly beautiful music.
Thank you Mao! Thank you :TT1:!

Tak
06-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Just saw Mao's new exhibition!
:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:
Exquisite program. Amazingly beautiful music.
Thank you Mao! Thank you :TT1:!

I agree. I wish she'd develop this into a LP.

jenny12
06-27-2010, 07:52 AM
I agree. I wish she'd develop this into a LP.

Me too. I'm looking forward to Libestraum, but I think the intensity of this Chopin music would make for a more effective LP.

MR-FAN
06-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Mao

http://www.youtube.com/user/judylee11#p/u/1/J7ZUlgONnBE

MES-ME-RI-ZING!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: