PDA

View Full Version : Dreams on Ice 2010

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

roma
06-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks a lot, Midori and Akira Andrea!

Dai's jump looks wow! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ncc4DLMfc (short clip)

Akira Andrea
06-26-2010, 02:07 AM
This is an article in “Jiji Tsushin” in Japan .
Translation into English.
The performance of Asada
June 25th, 2010 JST

In the ice show "The Dream on Ice", Mao Asada showed
the lithely performance. Asada who performed the exhibition program with adultlike, said, "I performed it while imagining a ballerina including her hair style." (at Shin-yokohama Skate Center in June 25th)

The article
The performance of Asada
http://www.jiji.com/jc/p?id=20100625224803-9536799

midori
06-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Friday show, the second half.

Reed/Reed. Swan. White, rather simple costumes. Chris's hair is now short and wow his head is small!!
They shows a new lift here and in the opening, in which she climbs up on him by stepping on the thigh then slowly going down with rotating around him a lot. It must be very new for them and not very smooth yet.
The choreography does not do justice to this beautiful piece of music at all. It was like watching another program to a wrong music.
ETA: the music may have been Thais. Thais and Swan somehow sound very similar to me :shuffle:

Takahiko Kozuka. Take Five :cheer:
I thought he got back from Canada with some new programs, but I would not mind watching his Take Five again :rollin:
There are many skaters who can express music by the upper body but with Kozuka he express it by edges :swoon:

Akiko Suzuki. Jealousy (Tango). In black with hint of red.
I thought the stss was not as showy as the last season. Or she just needs some more time to sell it.
ETA: Akiko did a four-jump combination somewhere in the show. :cool:

Stephane Lambiel. Good Times.
There were 50 or more banners for him :eek: It is incredible especially when the arena holds only about 2000 people :lol:. And he did not disappoint us.

Laura Lepisto. in blue. Jupiter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpziJkFEs4c).
She skated to the Japanese song.
She looks gorgeous with curly hair.

Evgeny Plushenko. Je Suis Malade.
Loudest welcome from the audience. Who said Japanese audience is quiet :lol: We can be as loud as Koreans. It rarely happens but it did here ;)
His belly looks grown a bit.

Miki Ando. black jacket, short pants and a hat.
The costume and the choreography remind me of Fosse. It suits her very well.
She skated it with a radiant smile. I lurrve when she skates happily.

Daisuke Takahashi. La Valse d'Amelie (piano)
As I already wrote in another thread, it was like watching Stephane skating using Dai's body. Dai really copied Stephane's moves, like Hollywood CG work:) Spin is also better than the past.
The costume looks like... black ballet leotard a girl would wear + black Jeans. I did not like it. It is fine when he is standing still, but once he starts skating, the costume looks too girlie, and not in a good way. The skirt should go, or change the shape at least.

Mao Asada. a piano piece which I do not recognize. Simple white dress with a long skirt made by a thin fabric. Like one Forsythe or Garshwin ballet would use.
I think it is her new gala program. The choreography has balletic moves and she does them beautifully. I love the program but Charlotte never looks good with a long skirt. :yikes:
She had problems with axels today.

ETA: Finale. Dai and Stephane synchronized very well. They can make a great pair :lol:

There are 3 more shows on the weekend, and first broadcast (one hour) comes on Sunday, then some more coverage (two hours) in other channels on July 6th and 11th.

ETA: there will be 3D broadcast on July 17th :eek: Must be fun. I do not know if I can watch it 3D on my TV though.

maija
06-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Friday show, the second half.
Laura Lepisto. in blue. Jupiter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpziJkFEs4c).
She skated to the Japanese song.
She looks gorgeous with curly hair.

This is a special show program for Laura to be used in this show in Japan. My daughter Tiina (who is Laura's friend and who has Japanese friends, too) made this program to Laura. Tiina is currently in Japan, too, but I am not sure if she gets a chance to see the show.

midori
06-26-2010, 09:49 AM
This is a special show program for Laura to be used in this show in Japan. My daughter Tiina (who is Laura's friend and who has Japanese friends, too) made this program to Laura. Tiina is currently in Japan, too, but I am not sure if she gets a chance to see the show.

Wow! They announced that it is a special program for the show, but they did not tell us it was your daughter's! :cool:
That is great and hope she gets a chance to see the show.

npavel
06-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Midori, thank you so much for all the reports. You are really great.:encore::cheer:

senorita
06-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I dont know if it has been posted
a video which shows parts of Mao's program and Dai in Amelie:swoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkYuB59W4s

edit: I forgot! Thank you for the grand report :)

maija
06-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks, Senorita!

Why don't Mao have competition programs like that! Ballerina style suites her so well! :D

Dai is great and 'lambielistic'! :D:eek:
... but his costume not (too female) :mad:

roma
06-26-2010, 11:51 AM
^maybe well see that style in her new FS. :-) I don't think I like Dai's costume, too.

I wonder when can we see full videos of their programs...

maija
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM

I just heard that my daughter did see the show yesterday!!! Unfortunately she and her Japanese friend were not allowed to go the back stage.

MikiAndoFan#1
06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the rest of your reports, midori!

:cheer2:

floskate
06-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Another clip of Mao, some new bits shown plus interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyPksji6jHU

This does look beautiful. I love the simplicity, just gorgeous lines and beautiful carriage. Quintessential Mao. :)

chapis
06-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Another clip of Mao, some new bits shown plus interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyPksji6jHU

This does look beautiful. I love the simplicity, just gorgeous lines and beautiful carriage. Quintessential Mao. :)

:eek:perfect, perfect, I want to watch more :watch:

jenny12
06-26-2010, 09:16 PM
^maybe well see that style in her new FS. :-) I don't think I like Dai's costume, too.

I wonder when can we see full videos of their programs...

Maybe tomorrow? When they broadcast the show on TV?

dinakt
06-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Wow, Mao and Daisuke! Can't wait to see the complete programs. Daisuke does have Stephane's movements, but I am sure he'll put his own stamp on it, as well. Makes me very giddy about the start of the season.