PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD-7-The Competition Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Matryeshka
06-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Has Mia just said "nugget of emotion" and "special bunny"? Delightful.

I like when she said envelope instead of envelop.

rjblue
06-17-2010, 02:48 AM
That was the traditional movement of audience and voter alienation.

Matryeshka
06-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Poor Courtney. First Dominic, now Robert.

numbers123
06-17-2010, 02:51 AM
It really seemed like that program highlighted Kathryn. Not sure if that was because of the program or how he danced it.

This is one reason the "all star" thing seems problematic. If you get shown up by a competitor, well that's part of the competition. But if you get shown up by your "pro", it's hard to evaluate the performance.

so far this format really makes me want to see SYTYCD All Stars

So far this format is making the current dancers look bad. But I get to see Pasha and Mark again, so who cares!

yes, yes, yes. I know we say it every season about not watching or commiting show suicide, but this is so boring and only highlights the all stars. It was mucn more interesting to go see the flooded park next to the river.

Theatregirl1122
06-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Poor Courtney. First Dominic, now Robert.

Maybe she should wear a hockey helmet.

venja
06-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Isn't Sean Cheesman from Canadian SYTYCD? I thought he did some good pieces from what I remember.

This one, I'm not too sure...

rjblue
06-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Robert :swoon: he's cuuuute - African Jazz with Courtney and Cheesman

Norweg _ Cirque de Soleil music

Almost as good as Vincent and Lisa's number from SYTYCD Canada (the real best routine ever!).

Robert or Alex- what a delicious decision.

Matryeshka
06-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Robert was almost as much as a surprise as Kent.

I miss Courtney--I know she wasn't the best dancer, but she "gets" the music and has so much obvious joy in her movement. Her personality is so delightful, and it shows in her dance.

I can see this will be the Season of Hyperbole. How many best routines and best dancers will we have?

Theatregirl1122
I don't even think that Robert is one of the best Contemporary boys this season.

I'm super pissed at them for sticking Billy with Lauren, with a Tyce routine, and at the top of the show.

Smiley0884
Kathryn was the only dancer I saw in that routine. Anthony could have done that much better. :shuffle:

I'm already tired of Travis and the constant butt-kissing. I'm glad Benji won. :P

But Travis really is a *brilliant* choreographer. His piece tonight was a work of art, as are so many of his other pieces I've seen on and off the show. The judges are annoying and always seem to go over the top on both ends of the spectrum (praise and criticism) but this is one of the few times where I think it's deserved. What I don't get is why they never gave him his due when he was competing as a dancer, and pretty much threw him under the bus at times. So it does kind of annoy me in that sense. They finally realize how awesome Travis is, and now they are laying it on super thick! :rolleyes:

Garden Kitty
06-17-2010, 02:58 AM
I enjoyed Courtney and Robert. Liked the routine and he danced it well.

Matryeshka
06-17-2010, 03:00 AM
But Travis really is a *brilliant* choreographer. His piece tonight was a work of art, as are so many of his other pieces I've seen on and off the show.

I think Travis takes ideas of other choreographers and puts a slightly different spin on them. How many times have we seen the office done? And his routine last week looked just like a routine of Sonya's. I think he has the potential to be good, great even, but he's not there yet.

My top three: Alex, Robert :eek:, Kent, :eek: :eek:

My bottom three: Melinda, Ashley, Adechike

Sorry Kent for the train wreck comment, not that you care. Or are reading this.

Garden Kitty
06-17-2010, 03:00 AM
world premier of a Justin Bieber video tomorrow? To paraphrase Nancy Kerrigan, Whyyyyyyy? We've been a good audience, we stayed through the fluff pieces, we weren't too annoyed by the strange people who shouted out their faves names in the middle of a piece and we even complimented Mia. why are they doing this to us?

numbers123
06-17-2010, 03:01 AM
after reading all your comments about Alex's dance, I was expecting the second coming of Jesus.

:rolleyes: it was nice not orgamistic :yawn:

Holley Calmes
06-17-2010, 03:08 AM
I went on record last week saying I had a little crush on Robert...and I hold to that decision! I thought he did a great job, and he's not bad looking either! Only saw the last 2. I'm in New Jersey babysitting with my 10 day old new grandson!! Paris and I will watch the show tomorrow together. From the recaps, it looked like Alex was to die for. None of the females looked like much, but that's not fair to say without watching the whole show.

Go Robert, you cute thang you!