PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD-7-The Competition Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

Rob
06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Welcome back LC and I totally agree with you too.

Does Tessie do hip hop choreography? I think it would be weird for Lauren to get Ade again so I would guess its either hip hop/Domenic or Jazz/Neil. Hmmm, Adechike with Allison - he gets the 2 girls most likely to overshadow him in his own style in the first 2 weeks. YAY for Cristina and Pasha, hope this makes her safe.

Holley Calmes
06-23-2010, 05:42 PM
I hope Cristina stays for a number of reasons. I don't think she's the greatest dancer they've ever had on the show....but I do think they're really heavy towards the contemporary folks at the expense of ballroom this year. Heck-ballroom hasn't had a heyday in a few seasons now for whatever reason. I think Cristina has a lovely vivaciousness, and I thought she did a great job with her "snake dance." Which was outside her genre, although I'm sure she's well cross-trained. I doubt she'll be around long, but I think I'll throw her a few votes anyway. Lauren is the only girl who's even close to being in the same league with most of the guys, but even she isn't what I'd term a "star."

I can't watch tonight-I'll be traveling. I've got all the phone numbers on a post-it note, so when time comes, I'll just vote for Robert a bunch and some of the others a little. Regardless of how they do tonight. I guess my first glimpse of how things went will be when I get online tomorrow morning at home on my own computer and read reports from my FSU friends!

LordCirque
06-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Rob,

Yes, Tessie does hip hop choreography, she was doing lyrical and narrative hip hop well before Shane Sparks and NappyTabs, and jazz funk choreography. And musical theatre and tap for that matter. YouTube Unity Dance Enesmble, Unity LA, and Unity 2. She's an extremely versatile choreographer

Cyn
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
So are we going to start a new thread for tonight's episode?

We had one long thread for the auditions, and since this one is titled "The Competition Begins," it could get insanely long....

Aceon6
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Your wish is my command. Mods, please close this one.