PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD-7-The Competition Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

Rob
06-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Domenic didn't dance last week so I guess one of the remaining 3 girls is going to get hip hop with him.

Twilight1
06-22-2010, 08:55 PM
YAY to seeing Mark again...

my little pony
06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Heh. Billy got his turn with Tyce and Lauren. Now Alex gets his turn. But now Billy gets krump! I'm being robbed of seeing Billy in his element! I hope this means he's going to get some great dances and partners in the coming weeks.

maybe billy is getting all of his worst genres out of the way early in the comp [/ grassy knoll]

Allskate
06-22-2010, 09:21 PM
maybe billy is getting all of his worst genres out of the way early in the comp [/ grassy knoll]

Yep. I think that's what they're doing.

I think the judges and producers are going to try to turn this into a horse race between Alex, Billy, and Kent. At different times, they will promote one and criticize another and then turn it around to try to create suspense and intense competition.

Holley Calmes
06-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Don't forget Robert! I think it's more of a four-way race. I'd vote for Robert before I'd vote for Billy or Kent right now based on "thus-far" shows. That doesn't mean I'm not just crazy about Kent and Billy as well, though. I am! They're all fantastic. Though I do think Alex and Robert are the most versatile/professional. Billy seems to be a type-an exceptional fantastic type-but a type. Kent is still bug-eyed in his own adorable way, and we'll see what he's got inside to be able to compete with Alex. Too bad so many great guys are all competing. I think they turned down Anthony because of his injury but also because there are so many really great guys, they need to save some for next season....I wish any of these four could be saved for next time.

Allskate
06-22-2010, 10:45 PM
I didn't mention Robert because he got almost no pre-competition exposure. So, I was talking about the producers' and judges' plans for the dancers, not necessarily my own views. I'd definitely take Robert over Kent. And ITA about their plans for Anthony. They're saving him for next season.

Theatregirl1122
06-22-2010, 11:22 PM

This might backfire if they don't get Billy a knock it out of the park number soon. This is the time to be building a rabid fan base. I know billy has a fan base from last season, but still.

genevieve
06-23-2010, 12:20 AM
I didn't mention Robert because he got almost no pre-competition exposure. So, I was talking about the producers' and judges' plans for the dancers, not necessarily my own views. I'd definitely take Robert over Kent. And ITA about their plans for Anthony. They're saving him for next season.
That would be ok with me. I heart Anthony in a big way.

LordCirque
06-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Robert is the Jeanine of this season IMO. The producers largely hid them from view and then out of the gate, they are going to blow the judges and viewers away week after week. If there is going to be a spoiler to Alex or Billy (who IMO are the Pre-Show favorites), I think it will be Robert.

Interesting note, Robert has the support of the SYTYCD Contemporary Alum. Jaimie Goodwin, Jakob Karr, Nick Lazzarini, among others are all campaigning for him via Twitter.

Alex and Robert are my top two favorites, followed by Billy and Kent. I'll be sad if the Top 4 aren't these 4. I could sacrifice Kent for Lauren or Cristina though.

Alex + Allison= Magic. Without question the highest quality performance from a technical and equality of the levels in 7 seasons. Not the best choreography (which i don't think is what the judges were referring to), but definitely the best execution of a piece of choreography.

Cristina is a sentimental favorite since she takes Modern and Contemporary dance at the same studio I do.

Adechike should have been sent home last week. I don't blame the choreography for his lack of POW at all. He didn't bring any of that to life and what he had was danced rather sloppily. It was his fault, not Travis's, that he got overshadowed by Kathryn.

I agree there are going to be problems with the All-Star format overshadowing the dancers. But I also think on the flip side, it's going to force the dancers to step up their technical level and performance level to NOT get overshadowed by the All-Star, which is exactly what we saw from Alex last week. I hope the trend is going to be more classic type performances ala Alex and Allison, and not the dancers trying to slide by on the power of the All Star, ala AdeChike.

:cheer2: at Tessie finally being on SYTYCD!

Holley Calmes
06-23-2010, 03:00 AM
Lord Cirque and I totally agree! :lol:

I LOVE Cristina! I was shocked she was bottom 3. I'd have had Ashley there instead. Hmm..think I said that before. Sorry.

Jimena
06-23-2010, 03:42 AM
LC, I had meant to ask you about Tessandra! I know you know her so I expect lots of additional info on the show (via PM, of course!). :)

Jayar
06-23-2010, 06:55 AM

I LOVE Cristina! I was shocked she was bottom 3. I'd have had Ashley there instead. Hmm..think I said that before. Sorry.

She was in the bottom three because she dances clunky. She won't last three weeks. Ugh!

uyeahu
06-23-2010, 08:33 AM

I also love Cristina. She's a great performer and I hope she get's Pasha this week and something possibly resembling a Salsa so she can really show what she's best at.

ETA: Updated spoilers from SYTYCDism...

Billy & Comfort – Krump – Lil’ C
Alex & Lauren – Broadway – Tyce Diorio
Ashley & Mark – Jazz – Travis Wall
Kent & Courtney – Jazz – Tyce Diorio
Adechike & Allison – Contemporary – Mandy Moore
Melinda & Neil/Ade – Contemporary – Stacey Tookey
Cristina & Pasha – Paso Doble – Jean Marc Generaux
Lauren & Neil/Dominic/Ade – ? – Tessandra Chavez
Robert & Anya/Kathryn
Jose & Kathryn/Anya

The Accordion
06-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Deleted - sorry - I am still too out of teknik to be able to do spoilers so I will hold my thoughts until after the show.

genevieve
06-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Just type [ spoiler]insert text here[ /spoiler] but remove the spaces within the brackets.

:)