PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD-7-The Competition Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Holley Calmes
06-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I feel so sorry for Alexie! It took her four years to get on the show, and now she's the first off. I liked her better than Ashley.

Yes, Rob....I agree. Isn't the elimination process that America decides who is in the bottom 3, and then the judges decide who goes home out of those 3? At least at this point? So if America votes for the guys over the girls as we fear, the judges won't have much say-so unless some cheating and finagling with the votes goes on behind the scenes....gee-I can't imagine that happening!:lol:

Allskate
06-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I think Lauren has enough support to stay out of the bottom three for several weeks. So, after next week, we won't have three girls in the bottom three and the judges can eliminate a guy. Unless the guy is Alex, Billy, or Kent (which is unlikely), the judges will eliminate the guy. I suspect that Melinda will go home next week, which probably would not be unfair.

If they want more gender balance, they have to choose (and promote) more good women.

Aceon6
06-18-2010, 07:30 PM
It might throw a wrench in the all star experiment if all 5 girls go home first.

The judges will have to start saving them by eliminating guys for the heck of it.

Or let the all-star pick be gender neutral. I want to see Robert and Mark! And I think Alex could do a jaw dropping duo with Twitch.

Matryeshka
06-18-2010, 08:35 PM
I find it disheartening a bit that despite having the opportunity to do girl-girl boy-boy and go beyond the relationship theme, every single number last night was in the traditional mode.

Cosmic Connect
06-18-2010, 08:43 PM
I find it disheartening a bit that despite having the opportunity to do girl-girl boy-boy and go beyond the relationship theme, every single number last night was in the traditional mode.

It was week one. Give them a chance. I'm hoping they'll be more imaginative.

Twilight1
06-19-2010, 01:38 AM
I would love to see what Sonya could do with Alex and Mark....wow that would be cool

genevieve
06-19-2010, 02:49 AM
ITA. And I don't care that it was week 1 - that's the time to make the statement that this season is really going to be different.

Allen
06-19-2010, 04:04 AM
ITA. And I don't care that it was week 1 - that's the time to make the statement that this season is really going to be different.

I agree, but I have a feeling that Nigel is very against male/male partnering. God forbid Sonya or Travis choreograph some homoerotic dance. I would love to see Mark and Alex or Robert, but I have a weird feeling that might not happen.

I'm okay with the idea that we might end up with a top 4 that is all guys, that just means I might get to see more Allison and Anya, which I feel great about.

jenny12
06-19-2010, 04:20 AM
I want to be Cat when I grow up.

She's so lovely. She totally kicks Seacrest's a**.

reckless
06-19-2010, 06:02 AM

ITA. One thing they could have done is had Jose and Dom do a b-boy routine, instead of giving Jose a softer hip hop number.

The Accordion
06-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Finally got to watch this week's episodes today.

A few thoughts:

More Alex. Less Tyce. Pretty please.

The judges may have been a little over the top - but Alex's piece was over WAY TOO FAST for my taste. He is unbelievable.

I am not minding the all star format. To some extent it makes it clearer who the great ones are as they can hold their own with the allstars. Of course it is difficult if the piece is not choreographed or lit to highlight the contestants.

Sad to see Alexi go after her struggle to get there - and judging from the Vegas footage - she is a lot better/more interesting than she would appear from those 2 episodes and the generic NappyTab choreo. (the piece they did for Jose was sooo superior IMO)

I am crossing all my fingers and toes that they will not limit the pairings of allstar and contestant by gender. The potential for that is one of the things I was most excited about this season. I am also liking the roundup of allstars way better than I thought I would. And with them exiting quickly and quietly etc - I do think they are making an effort to not steal the contestants' thunder too much.

Looking forward to next week!

On another note - has anybody else seen Blake McGrath's music video?? I had no idea he sang too! (well as much as you can call most of the stuff on Much Music singing)

Jimena
06-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Incomplete spoilers for pairings and styles:

Billy & Comfort – Krump – Lil’ C
Alex & Lauren – Broadway – Tyce Diorio
Ashley & Mark – Jazz – Travis Wall
Kent & Courtney – Jazz – Tyce Diorio
Adechike & Allison – Contemporary – Stacey Tookey?
Robert & ?
Lauren & ?
Melinda & ?
Cristina & ?
Jose & ?

Allskate
06-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Heh. Billy got his turn with Tyce and Lauren. Now Alex gets his turn. But now Billy gets krump! I'm being robbed of seeing Billy in his element! I hope this means he's going to get some great dances and partners in the coming weeks.

The Accordion
06-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Boooooo to the partial list :( (I mean - thanks for posting but....)

Aceon6
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Dammit, Nigel. How about some gender neutral stuff? Are you really THAT old?