PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD-7-The Competition Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

rjblue
06-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Usher? I missed that in the announcements. Will he sing or will he autotune?

Neither Melinda or Alexi saved themselves with those bits...

FiveRinger
06-18-2010, 02:46 AM
None of the girls danced for their lives. I think it's Alexie. It's too easy to sacrifice a contemporary dancer in this competition. Christina's performance yesterday was better than both girls. Melinda will get another chance because she's a tapper.

Matryeshka
06-18-2010, 02:48 AM
The one good thing about this format is they might be forced to seriously consider the solos unlike the first three episodes of the other seasons, where if one in the pair absolutely sucks, they both go, no matter how good the other person may be.

For example, when Ricky was the first guy to go home in Season 3, even though his solo was great. His partner was just dull, and they don't break up the pairs the first few outings.

Matryeshka
06-18-2010, 02:51 AM
A "better" Justin Bieber video to watch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_cGo0q7krk)

Theatregirl1122
06-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Alexie's gone. I like her much better than Melinda but the tapper wasn't going first. Still think it should be Adechicke going home.

ETA: I do know the difference between Ade and Adechicke.

FiveRinger
06-18-2010, 03:00 AM
Sad it was Alexie. She was really cute. Never would have guessed in a 100 years that she's only 26.

Rob
06-18-2010, 04:25 AM
I feel so bad for Alexie - she was one dimensional but she's a good dancer. But with the top 10, they didn't have enough diversity to get rid of one of only 3 non-contemporary ballet jazz lyrical dancers.

Adechike should have been there, but I am not too surprised it was all girls since tweens do the voting. But I thought it would be Ashley in there. Hmm, if the girls go one, two, three and then we won't have many male all-stars dancing. I was underwhelmed by Tessandra Chavez' piece considering all I have seen and heard of her.

Usher and Justin Bieber can stay off my TV.

genevieve
06-18-2010, 07:46 AM
That group piece was... not impressive. Completely forgettable.

Adechike is very lucky to have not been in the bottom, but I think Alexie would have gone home even with him in the B3. She's a very competent dancer but has no stage persona. I thought Melinda deserved to go home based on both last night and the solo, but the judges want their spunky tap dancer around at least one more week.

I hope Cristina never wears that dress again.

I was all :rolleyes: about the Justin Bieber video, but it features the girls of Beat Freaks so I can't be all mad. Plus, at least this song is lyrically more complex than that "Baby, baby, baby - oooh! Baby, Baby, Baby - noooo!" one he does.

Loved Cat's outfit :swoon:

Aceon6
06-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Of the three, I agree with the judges pick of Alexie. Her solo was underwhelming. Christina and Melinda at least looked like they were working it.

Angelskates
06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I want to be Cat when I grow up.

LadyNit
06-18-2010, 03:43 PM
What's the deal with the TomKat hype on SYTYCD? Last year we got Holmes showcased in a total vanity performance. And last night we got a 'special sneak peek' at the new summer Cruise movie. Does Nigel have to stroke these two because they gave :bribe: to DizzyFeet?

genevieve
06-18-2010, 04:39 PM
I think Katie Holmes is on the Board of DizzyFeet. Or she's somehow involved beyond just being a donor at any rate.

Allskate
06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
I think we may see another group of three girls in the bottom three next week. The guys are stronger than the girls this season and I think the audience naturally goes that way anyway.

I didn't think Cristina deserved to be in the bottom three, but the other two definitely did. I would have sent Melinda home, but Alexie did nothing to help her case. I at least understand why they included Melinda in the show. She adds dance diversity. I don't think Alexie did anything this week to show why they even included her in the show. She's a competent dancer who dances like a cheerleader with a cute smile instead of expressing the music. They've certainly had stronger contemporary dancers audition for the show.

love skating
06-18-2010, 06:01 PM
(((Alexie))) I loved her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the five girls were the bottom five last week - the guys are totally overshadowing them. Hope the remaining four can step it up next week.

Rob
06-18-2010, 06:40 PM
It might throw a wrench in the all star experiment if all 5 girls go home first.

The judges will have to start saving them by eliminating guys for the heck of it.