View Full Version : Life Expectancy Calendar

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Aaron W
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Biological age: 28
Virtual age: 18.7
Avg life expectancy: 74
Your life expectancy: 83.3

As far as I know, there hasn't been much in the way of cancer in my family, so the addition of that question may not have made much of a difference for me. From what I can recall, most (if not all) of my great grandparents lived at least into their 80s. My maternal great grandmother (maternal grandfather's mother) lived to either 104 or 105... can't remember which. She could remember the names of nearly every child, grandchild, great grandchild, and great great grandchild which I believe totaled over 100 (Catholic family, so it was quite a large family).

Bev Johnston
06-16-2010, 05:12 PM
The women in my family have almost all outlived the men, save for those who died accidentally. So, my prediction of living to be 94 and my virtual age of 23 doesn't surprise me too much.

I took a different quiz one time that was much more in-depth. It didn't give a longevity prediction, but it did give a virtual age. My virtual age in that one was more like in the 30's. It actually said that I exercise too much!!

Basically, if you are a non-smoking caucasian female with a college education, it looks like your chances of a long life are good.

Bev Johnston
06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
My paternal grandmother lived to 96 and up until 93 was living alone, putting in her garden every year, and hiking up the road (about a half mile and a very steep hill) to play cards with the neighbors.

I'm looking forward to taking up gardening when I get older and slow down a bit. Right now I can't seem to find the time, as I'd rather be doing more active things.

skatingfan5
06-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm looking forward to taking up gardening when I get older and slow down a bit. Right now I can't seem to find the time, as I'd rather be doing more active things.My grandmother's gardening was more active than most, since it was about a quarter acre almost entirely devoted to vegetables, which she canned or put up in the freezer for winter. She had to find time, or she wouldn't have eaten nearly as well. But it definitely WAS a bit of a slow-down from the small dairy farm that she ran (with the help of one other person) until she was 75. BTW, she lived in Vermont and until she was 90, a wood-burning stove was the only heat. She usually went through about 5-6 cords of wood each winter.

Gil-Galad
06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
It's not a race. I mean, I'm from South America, but my heritage is Spanish, what am I supposed to pick? :rolleyes:
That's why I asked. It must be merely a lose term to describe someone from Latinamerica. So very strange to call it a race.

MOIJTO
06-16-2010, 05:29 PM
My grandmother's gardening was more active than most, since it was about a quarter acre almost entirely devoted to vegetables, which she canned or put up in the freezer for winter. She had to find time, or she wouldn't have eaten nearly as well. But it definitely WAS a bit of a slow-down from the small dairy farm that she ran (with the help of one other person) until she was 75. BTW, she lived in Vermont and until she was 90, a wood-burning stove was the only heat. She usually went through about 5-6 cords of wood each winter.

I have tough old birds in my family too, both sides! Where my father died at 70 and his father at 68 my grandmother was 97. My mother's family has the most longevity. Her father, my grandfather was 97, my grandmother 85 (although she had severe dementia, not tested for Alzhiemers). My grandfathers mother was 98 and had leg amputated at 89, her other children were 80, 85 and 98 when they passed. The 80 yr old was my grandfather's baby brother from prostate cancer. My mother is 79 and in good health despite having breast cancer 36 years ago and various illness's. Mom tells me about her side of the family and most of them she recalls living well into their late 80's and 90's.

Something to be said about "hard life" being a blessing, NOT a stressful life! :)

Skate Talker
06-16-2010, 06:08 PM
I was thinking that family history of cancer was not included perhaps because this methodology optimistically sees a cure for cancer in the near future? Don't know that is would be any more curable than cardio-vascular problems though???? Or else, since I believe the vast majority develop cancer eventually if they live long enough, it is already taken care of by the average age of your predecessors? I say that about cancer since my family experience on my mother's side is that most all of them died of cancer in their mid 80's.

genevieve
06-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I closed the window without copying the info, but my life expectancy is 83.3...which is low for my family. But seeing my (beloved) 95 year old grandmother doesn't make me want to live that long, so I'll take 83.

KikiSashaFan
06-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Biological age: 24
Virtual age: 9.5 :lol:
Average life expectancy: 74
My life expectancy: 89.8

Marilou
06-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Biological age: 48
Virtual age: 35.6
Average LE: 76
Your Life Expectancy: 88.4

Since my grandmother lived to 90, and smoked most of her life and drank like fish, I feel a little ripped off ;) I guess I need to ramp up the retirement savings plan too!

mmscfdcsu
06-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Bio age 57

Virtual age 41.2
Average life span 76

Virtual age span 93.8

:)

GaPeach
06-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Virtual age span 89.6

Now, I'm feeling stress over my 401Ks ..that should lower my life expectancy a little.:lol: