PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Wimbledon game: Gone too soon. Congrats to Rottie!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Fergus
06-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Soderling (Roddick)

Beefcake
06-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, today settled nothing, thankyouverymuchsoderlingsqueaker. I'd have gone with one of the gimmes - Roddick over Lu - but of course I went out in round one here, so luckily none of you three read my telepath.

Tuesday is Chick Day I! Pick a chick, any chick ...

OOP - Tuesday, June 29

Kim Clijsters(BEL)[8] vs. Vera Zvonareva(RUS)[21]
Serena Williams(USA)[1] vs. Na Li(CHN)[9]
Tsvetana Pironkova(BUL) vs. Venus Williams(USA)[2]
Petra Kvitova(CZE) vs. Kaia Kanepi(EST)

Standings

ALIVE!:

Rottie: Becker Bellucci Kohlschreiber Simon Djokovic Ferrer Berdych
Fergus: Becker Beck Montanes Malisse Berdych Tsonga Soderling
CaptCrunch: Fish Beck Lopez Querrey Berdych Tsonga Soderling

DEPARTED:

4: LuckyCharm: Fish Simon Hanescu Tsonga Mayer
5: BigBO8822: Dent Petzschner Berdych Seppi
6: fragoletta: Lopez Simon Schuettler
7 tie: Lorac: Kohlschreiber Youzhny Davydenko
7 tie: oleada: Melzer Isner Davydenko
9 tie: sodapop: Wawrinka
9 tie: minuet: Wawrinka
9 tie: skateboy: Robredo
9 tie: my_little_pony: Massu
9 tie: ross_hy: Tipsarevic
9 tie: jl: Andreev
9 tie: Loves_Shizuka: Ljubicic
9 tie: Beefcake: Ljubicic
9 tie: allezfred: Ljubicic

Rottie
06-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Chick Day I:

Kvitova (V. Williams)

Fergus
06-29-2010, 12:27 AM
sigh :(

Clijsters (V. Williams)

Beefcake
06-29-2010, 12:55 AM
sigh :(
big time. :(

CaptCrunch
06-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Oops, just seeing this thread now. Didn't realize we had switched over to ladies event! :eek::eek: Am I eliminated?

Beefcake
06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Oops, just seeing this thread now. Didn't realize we had switched over to ladies event! :eek::eek: Am I eliminated?
Sorry, but "yes", as it [at least one ladies day] was in the rules. If it was earlier in the Game, I'd have let you pick twice the next day (and you'd have had to win both to advance). But, as it is, we were down to the final 3 ... and the contest is over today.

Kim crashed, meaning there's no tomorrow for Fergus. If Kvitova can come back, then Rottie still lives and breathes ... and wins! If Czech is bounced :shuffle:, then it's a tie for the :glamor: between Fergus and Rottie.

Fergus
06-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh pickles, I lose on pick-from-the-WTA day? :mad:

Well, there's a first time for everything: I finally got screwed by a woman. :rofl:

I gotta stick with my ATP meathead fratboys. :P

Congrats, Rottie. I've got a mouth full of bobbie pins, ready to pass the crown. ;)

Lorac
06-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Congrats to Rottie - well played :encore:

Beefcake
06-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh pickles, I lose on pick-from-the-WTA day? :mad:

Well, there's a first time for everything: I finally got screwed by a woman. :rofl:

I gotta stick with my ATP meathead fratboys. :P

Congrats, Rottie. I've got a mouth full of bobbie pins, ready to pass the crown. ;)
Whole post = :rofl: ... except for that last sentence, which sounds both :grope: filthy-kinky and painful

Unfortunately for you, the US Open Suicide Watch will be the Ladies side (with men the "off day" alternative). :cold:

CaptCrunch
06-29-2010, 06:19 PM
No biggie.

Congrats to our winner Rottie! :)

Beefcake
06-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Congratulations to Rottie, :glamor: our survivor and winner of Suicide Wimbledon 2010! Even though the competition pretty much rolled over this year (relative to Suicide Wimbledon 2009), Rottie is a bona fide :kickass: champion!

And :respec: to Fergus ... almost a double, but not quite. Good showing. Congrats to CaptCrunch, as well, who might've improved ranking with the proper pick. This what if will forever be a mystery. As for LuckyCharm going away empty-handed in 4th place -- sorry, no pewters in Europe(!). But of course there will be one - cherished no less - for 4th place in the upcoming Suicide US Open 2010. :P

Final standings

GOLD: Rottie
SILVER: Fergus
BRONZE: CaptCrunch
4: LuckyCharm
5: BigBO8822
6: fragoletta
7 tie: Lorac
7 tie: oleada
9 tie: sodapop
9 tie: minuet
9 tie: skateboy
9 tie: my_little_pony
9 tie: ross_hy
9 tie: jl
9 tie: Loves_Shizuka
9 tie: Beefcake
9 tie: allezfred

Rottie
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Wow! My very, very own tiara! Mine, all mine! :drama:

Congratulations to my fellow medalists, Fergus and CaptCrunch. Commiserations to everyone whose pick bombed out early -- it has been a weird Wimbledon. And :eek: to us all for the U.S. Open. Picking chicks? :eek:!

Now off to see what I can do with Fergus's bobby pins.

LuckyCharm
06-29-2010, 10:42 PM
This is clearly political. TPTB just couldn't allow 2 breakfast cereals to make the podium.

Beefcake
06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
This is clearly political. TPTB just couldn't allow 2 breakfast cereals to make the podium.
:rofl:

Perhaps. Perhaps. But would you put two sugar-coated nutritional nightmare cereals on a podium, knowing that our First Lady is out there kicking fat n' sugar's azzes? Have you seen those biceps? :P