View Full Version : Cheltzie Lee sparkles in her role as an alternate

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jlai
06-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Lee sparkles in her role as an alternate
http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/061310.shtml

Dr.Siouxs
06-14-2010, 04:02 AM
thanks for posting, she's a very talented and amiable young woman. :)

HisWeirness
06-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Thanks for sharing this great article about Cheltzie! :cheer2:

Last season, Lee worked with Catarina Lindgren in Colorado Springs on her short program choreography. This season, however, Lee has confirmed rumors that she may be working with 1980 Olympic Champion Robin Cousins on choreography.

"My programs for next season are still in the planning phase," Lee confessed. "It should all come together in the next couple of months. At the moment we're starting to plan for the season. Nothing confirmed. It's a long process with many people involved; meetings will start (soon), but you can expect to see me competing internationally throughout the year."

LuckyCharm
06-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Nice article. Thanks for posting!

:lol: Love that she was given the "choice" to do Olympics or Junior Worlds. Hmmm, tough one.:rofl:

RockTheTassel
06-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Thanks for posting this. I really like Cheltzie and can't wait to see her next season. :cheer2:

Sylvia
06-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Copied over from the Grand Prix thread :):

It would be GREAT if Cheltzie got a Grand Prix! The skating fans have been very supportive and welcoming of young Cheltzie on the circuit. She's improved the image of Australian international skaters I think. Cheltzie's done a great job skating on ice only 10hrs a week.

NOW the real test will be for Australia to support and develop her to her true potential!! A start would be to skate more and get those other jumps more consistent! Her camp has been pretty quiet!

I hope she does get a Grand Prix! :cheer:

why is she only skating 10 hrs a week? Is there no more ice in Australia?

Last season she was always in a nook with a book in hand studying. I do know she's a top student. Quite often I have asked this of her mother and was told that distance and the demands of school limits her time on ice. CAnterbury rink where Cheltzie trains probably have more ice available than any other rink in Sydney but none of the rinks have figure sessions all day. The rinks are open for school sport and public sessions also. So different here as we don't have 45 mins sessions running all day. So she is quite limited. She seems to improve leaps and bounds going away to train.

BittyBug
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
She sounds like a very mature and intelligent young lady, and I hope she's able to get more training time in so that she can fully realize her potential, which seems to be significant. She just has that *it* factor on the ice.

Cheylana
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
She is so adorable and was one of the highlights of the Olympics! Looking forward to seeing what she's able to do this upcoming season. She does have some US roots; perhaps she can snag a Skate America spot?

ETA: Oh, I see they already assigned Skate America spots... never mind.

MOIJTO
06-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks for sharing this great article about Cheltzie! :cheer2:

Catarina Lingrend...Tom Dickson's wife! :)

aussieSKATES
06-15-2010, 05:59 AM
For more information about Cheltzie, click here (http://www.aussieskates.com/cheltzie) to check out her official website.

overedge
06-15-2010, 06:32 AM
She sounds like a very mature and intelligent young lady, and I hope she's able to get more training time in so that she can fully realize her potential, which seems to be significant. She just has that *it* factor on the ice.

Agreed. She was outstanding at the Olympics even though she was in one of the groups of lower-ranked competitors.

MikiAndoFan#1
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I hope Cheltzie get a GP assignment! She was so exciting at the Olympics and I really enjoyed watching her!

Aussie Willy
06-16-2010, 03:44 AM
Cheltzie spent her weekend at the Canterbury rink during Hollins Trophy. I think she was learning Technical Panel stuff. Which is good to see.

isk8junkie
06-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Quite often she volunteers at competitions for data entry or video cutting. Cheltzie seems to give back to the sport as much as she can. I know my girls and I absolutely adore her. She has all the time in the world for her fellow skaters!

essence_of_soy
06-16-2010, 05:00 AM
I wonder if she'll start including the more difficult triples this season. She can certainly do the lutz, loop and flip in practice.