PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

caseyedwards
06-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I wonder if Artem Borodulin only got one because the federation expects him to replace Plushenko at cup of Russia or get the TBA spot because I don't see why Gachinsky would get two spots and Borodulin only one!!

Debbie S
06-13-2010, 05:04 PM
I know its completely unrealistic but....Kimmie for SA :cheer2:I'd love for Kimmie to get a GP but as of now, she has not registered for any summer comps. Unless she does (and she may just not be ready), she won't be considered. :(

C_T_T_
06-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Did Jamal retire? :( I missed that.

Stephanie
06-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Adam Johnson is too old for the JGP (turned 21 last fall), so that's why they moved up.

I wonder if Angela Maxwell will go back to the JGP again?

oleada
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes, Amodio will most likely get the TBA spot at TEB but why try him this way whilst Alban is given the benefit of doubt? I guess Quasimodo is more consistent but still.

It's beacuse Didier is on crack, no other valid reason to pick Alban over Amodio :rolleyes:

Lysacek didn't want any GPs. He hasn't made a decision about retirement yet though.

I'll be shocked if either him or Johnny skate next year.

I don't understand why Musademba has picked one GP over two JGPS?

I don't even know if she was in the selection for the JGP. She is so very inconsistent.

Surprised to see Meite pull up to Seniors after the weak season she's had. Marocco had quite a good season but still, I'd think she could be much more successful on the JGP and maybe even make the final if consistent. So strange decisions from both of them IMO.

I agree. Meite's had several less than succesful seasons on the JGP, but Marroco only had one event and she has far more potential than Meite. I thought she could've done really well if she had stayed junior.

I was also secretly hoping Davison would finally dump Dube.

Me too.

Surprised to see Sui/Han with only one spot but I guess they are going to do JGP too and are just trying one Senior comp out to see how it feels.

I/M only got one event after they won JW and placed fifth at Euros last year, so I wouldn't automatically assume that they are doing the JGP. One of the reasons the pairs GP needs to be expanded. :mad:

I wonder if Stolbova/Klimov are going to do JGP too (or did they age out?).

Aged out.

Simpson/Miller will be too old for JGP next season but I don't think they are anywhere near good enough to warrant a GP spot. Although with her still being 14, I guess this was their only chance of competing internationally next season.

Don't understand at all why Hole/Johnson are moving up. If I remember correctly, they had neither 2axels nor any sbs triples and the throw triples weren't consistent either. Giving a second spot to Moore-Towers/Moscovitch or Brodeur/Mattatall would make much more sense IMO.

Hole/Johnson have to. But I can't see either team being succesful in seniors with their current content and skills. And Simpson is getting too tall for Miller. I'm guessing Skate Canada wanted as many people with a PB as possible.

Over the moon about Sulej/Chruscinski getting a GP spot. They've started to land the throw 3flip now, hope to see it in competition next season. :)

Thought of you when I saw their name :)

I wonder why Shibutanis decide to move up? Same about Ralph/Hill, Paul/Islam and Cannuscio/Lorello. Given that unlike Pair teams they (fortunately) can't do both JGP and GP.

I thought Paul/Islam would have benefited from an extra season in the JGP as they are still quite raw, even if they are talented.

It will be such a :drama: battle for the TBA RUS spot between Rubleva/Shefer, Gorshkova/Butikov and Riazanova/Tkachenko.

I'd rather have them than the Khokh/Andreev.

Debbie S
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Would have expected Lynn & Logan to be given one GP before the newly moved ups.I'm sure it was b/c of world rankings and the SB list. Lynn/Logan have done Senior B's, but not any major intl's. The Shibs have medaled on the JGP and medaled at last year's JGPF, which guaranteed them at least one assignment. Tib/Bru competed on the JGP and at JW. Hopefully, Lynn/Logan will impress at Lake Placid and get the final SA spot.

Ziggy
06-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Adam Johnson is too old for the JGP (turned 21 last fall), so that's why they moved up.

Thanks. :)

Still I don't think they are good enough to warrant a GP spot (although I guess they made the JGPF last season).

I wonder if Angela Maxwell will go back to the JGP again?

I guess she's got no choice.

I'll be shocked if either him or Johnny skate next year.

Same here, I think they'll both retire.

I don't even know if she was in the selection for the JGP. She is so very inconsistent.

Yep, didn't exactly have a stellar last season.

One of the reasons the pairs GP needs to be expanded. :mad:

Yes! I understand that there was a time where there no Pairs to fill the spots but the discipline has grown exponentially over the last few years and they definitely should be back to 10 spots per event now and stop allowing the doing of both GP and JGP.

I'd rather have them than the Khokh/Andreev.

Ahhhh I totally forgot about them... :rolleyes:

chipso1
06-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Musademba had already done three seasons on the JGP. I guess she felt she would rather get senior international experience this time around. Makes sense, IMO.

I hope Dobbs/Jacobsen get the TBA Skate America pairs spot! They were so fantastic at Nationals last year.

Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt for Skate America ice dance TBA! :mitchell:

The ladies Skate America TBA spot will likely come down to Gilles, Dobbs and Musademba, or could even go to someone with strong summer club results (perhaps Joelle Forte, Angela Maxwell, or Kimmie Meissner if she decides to compete).

I, too, thought Meier, Gizmo, Pang/Tong, et al were retiring. :confused: Kinda strange to still see them on the lists...

I think these lists are veryyyyy preliminary. I would be surprised if Kim, Weir, and Plushenko actually compete.

genevieve
06-13-2010, 05:41 PM
I am bummed that Christina Gao is still doing JGP. The Ladiezzzzz slate at SA is beyond dull. Lepisto is the only one I'm looking forward to.

Also wish that Abbott were doing SA, but otherwise the men's field is pretty good. Agree that the last spot is held for Evan, would like to see Bradley but if he's out due to surgery I don't really care who gets the spot.

I am liking the pairs and dance fields!

chipso1
06-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I am bummed that Christina Gao is still doing JGP.

Me, too. :wuzrobbed She was/is my favorite of the "new seniors" at Nationals last year. I think she would be much better off gaining SGP experience and not having to train both a junior and senior free skate. I would still LOVE for her to make the Senior Worlds team this year! :cheer2:

dancemom
06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Re US Pairs: would love to see Aaron/Cohen get a GP or Senior B assignment. They had a solid skate at Nationals. Am excited to see what this team does this year!

HeatherC
06-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Meh, I'm glad I haven't made any plans for SA or SC yet this year. We decided to wait and see about the assignments before making plans and I may just skip attending a GP event this fall. I'm not overly excited about either the SA or SC rosters although there are a few skaters/teams that I wouldn't mind seeing there. I'll have to think about it.

And while I'm thrilled they got two GPs right off the bat this year, I'm kind of bummed they're shipping Amanda & Mark overseas for both of their GP assignments. I know they enjoy traveling and all but did they really need to send them to China for like the third or fourth time?! I'm sure they would have loved to go somewhere new but it is what it is I guess. I imagine you can only visit the Great Wall so many times before it's just another wall to you though, LOL :lol:

haribobo
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Eh, if I were Kristine Musademba, I'd be ready for anything besides JGP. She's done that so many years now and its not really getting her anywhere. You can have 3 seasons of making JGPF but at some point you have to take a risk and move on up. Medaling at a GP event can do more for your career than a JGP event medal ever could. Same for Marrocco and Meite. While their potential may not be as high as Musademba, there's really no point in going back to JGP with all the strong US, RUS, and JPN ladies. They'd get clobbered. May as well have a new experience and compete with the best (or, at least, the oldest ;) )

Castelli/Shnapir are a totally worthy team. They had some problems with injury last season but their choreo and performance is top notch. I can't wait to see them on the GP! :cheer:

pinky166
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Ladies

I'm happy at Murakami moving up, considering she's won everything she could in Juniors last season (same for Hanyu in Men).

Agreed, I think they will make quite a splash.

Great for Viktoria Helgesson to get two GPs. She has improved so much last season. I hope it continues, she's such a lovely soft skater with great flow over the ice.

Also nice for her though I will miss seeing her cute little sister.

Very happy about Meier not retiring. She's the only decent skater left in Switzerland at the moment after Lambiel's, Othman's and Dorsaz's retirements.

I suppose, she's had such a bad season, but hopefully now that she is over her injury she will do better. I think it was her plan to continue to compete until Worlds or Euros in Switzerland, which I think is in a couple years.
[QUOTE=Ziggy;2788156]
Meier, Gizmo, Liu and Suguri should be competing in a special Elite Silver category. :saint:

:lol: Agreed. I'll miss granny though!

Poor Gizmo with only one GP spot. She should always be guaranteed two because of all she did for senior citizen equality. :glamor:

I think she would retire but the young skaters in Uzbekistan competed at Crystal Skate this spring and got like 15 points total for the competition so yeah, I guess she feels the need to stick around. Plus it's always fun to see what color she dyes her hair :lol:!

I guess Chinese Fed is not allowing Liu to retire before some talented Juniors get old enough. :scream:

I think Caroline should switch to represent China. I don't think she's going anywhere in the US and as pretty as Liu is, Caroline is still much better, flaws and all.

I don't understand why Musademba has picked one GP over two JGPS?

She's done 3 seasons on the JGP already, plus she'll be 18 this fall. She might get a senior B too and then she'll get two fall competitions.

USFS has been very kind to Czisny, giving her two GPs after her absolutely disastrous last season. Not sure whether younger skaters weren't screwed over here.

Agreed. She seems to always do well at SC though. I would probably rather see Dobbs or Kwak get 2 GP assignments over her, but at least she's nice to watch, and after her poor season she won't be feeling a lot of pressure and no one will really be expecting much from her so she may do better.

I hope Min-Jung Kwak will get a second GP after somebody pulls out.

I hope so too, I think there is a good chance she might, I have a feeling there will be a lot of withdrawals. I know Yuna said she's not retiring but I kind of have a feeling she will pull out of GP, and where the two girls are so close, if Yuna didn't really want to compete and she knew that Min-Jung would get a second spot should she pull out from an event, I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled out for that reason. Of course if Yuna really wants to do GP then she should, Kwak may get assigned to a senior B, and if she is she has a good chance at doing well there and earning ranking points.

Surprised to see Meite pull up to Seniors after the weak season she's had. Marocco had quite a good season but still, I'd think she could be much more successful on the JGP and maybe even make the final if consistent. So strange decisions from both of them IMO.

France doesn't really have any strong female skaters at the moment, the Didiers aren't that great. Marocco is probably the best hope for the future, but isn't Meite 18 or so? In France, she may be able to have a decent career, I think Silete is better though, but I'm assuming she's doing JGP again.

Poor Glebova with only one assigment but then her season hasn't been particularly good.

She only had one assignment last year. She may get a 2nd with withdrawals though or a senior B. She did very well at SA last season it was nice to see.

Sylvia
06-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Graduating from JGP to Senior GP this season (listed by SB score ranking):
12 Ksenia Makarova RUS - SC & RUS
14 Kanako Murakami JPN - NHK & SA
25 Agnes Zawadzki USA - SC & RUS
26 Min-Jung Kwak KOR - SA
39 Kristine Musademba USA - CHN
52 Sonia Lafuente ESP - TEB
57 Lena Marrocco FRA - NHK (& TEB TBA?)
70 Mae Berenice Meite FRA - SA (& TEB TBA?)

Also new to GP:
19 Viktoria Helgesson SWE - NHK & SA (she was guaranteed 2 GPs due to her top 12 finish at 2010 Worlds)
23 Amanda Dobbs USA - CHN (she did the JGP in 2008-09)
27 Haruka Imai JPN - SC & TEB (ETA: She won a JGP bronze and then did 2 Senior B events last season.)

ETA:

Also nice for her [Viktoria Helgesson] though I will miss seeing her cute little sister.
Joshi Helgesson received one GP this year (China).