PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

oleada
10-11-2010, 09:53 PM
The Chinese federation was stupid not to give Sui/Han to assignments in the first place. They are obviously more than ready to be in the SGP and what is the point of going back to the juniors when they dominated all of last year?

Sylvia
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
This possible scenario for Takahashi/Tran was also brought up in the JGP Germany thread this past weekend:

great score for Sui/ Han and Takahashi/Tran. Interestingly Takahashi/Tran has 2 events in Grand Prix as well, if they qualify for GPF(very very unlikely), will thry have to give up the JGPF spot?

Jeschke
10-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I hope Sofia Biryukova will get antoher spot, not just only the Rostelecom Cup.
She is such a talented skater with gorgeous programs. Hope she can deal with all the good girls in Russia

SamuraiK
10-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Imagine Sui/Han get assigned to the Cup of China and go on to qualify for the senior GPF as well? What would happen? I guess there is no rule that foresees that, but reasonably they probably would pick one Final.

That would be very interesting.. Both Cup of China and Skate America pairs fields are fairly weak so is a real possibility. If they want to make a splash already they would chose doing the Senior Final, but then again this is a transitional season for them (she is not eligible for Worlds or 4cc and that's probably the main reason why they are still doing the JGP) and they could chose the Junior Final to gain as much world standing points as possible.

The new spot at TEB gives France a chance again to have both their 2 brand new teams compete (James&Cipres, Canac&Bonheur).

euterpe
10-12-2010, 12:38 AM
That would be very interesting.. Both Cup of China and Skate America pairs fields are fairly weak so is a real possibility. If they want to make a splash already they would chose doing the Senior Final, but then again this is a transitional season for them (she is not eligible for Worlds or 4cc and that's probably the main reason why they are still doing the JGP) and they could chose the Junior Final to gain as much world standing points as possible.

If they want to maximize their World Standings points, they would NOT choose the JGPF over the GPF. 6th place at the GPF is worth 472 points, while first place in the JGPF is worth only 350.

Anyway, if they do both GP and JGP, event points on the World Standings page would come from the GP (GP medal points are 400, 360, 324, while their JGP medal points are 250 and 225). If they did the JGPF, they would gain ZERO points. If they did the GPF and finished last, they would gain more than 100 points.

SamuraiK
10-12-2010, 01:10 AM
If they want to maximize their World Standings points, they would NOT choose the JGPF over the GPF. 6th place at the GPF is worth 472 points, while first place in the JGPF is worth only 350.

Anyway, if they do both GP and JGP, event points on the World Standings page would come from the GP (GP medal points are 400, 360, 324, while their JGP medal points are 250 and 225). If they did the JGPF, they would gain ZERO points. If they did the GPF and finished last, they would gain more than 100 points.

Oh OK. Then it's a no brainer, Senior Final should be their option. I hope they get the Cup of China spot and can make history by being the first to qualify for both finals!!:encore:

pinky166
10-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I hope Sofia Biryukova will get antoher spot, not just only the Rostelecom Cup.
She is such a talented skater with gorgeous programs. Hope she can deal with all the good girls in Russia

Her World Standing is really low, but she did have some good results last season. Where Laura and Sarah have both withdrawn from their first events and may end up withdrawing from their 2nd events as well, some spots may very well open up for skaters like Sofia, Cheltzie, Amanda.

HisWeirness
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Pairs Update (http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2135) today:

Sui/Han (CHN) replace Zhang/Zhang (CHN) at Cup of China. This is the second GP assignment for Sui/Han. They are also scheduled to compete at Skate America, one week after Cup of China.

Kadlecova/Bidar (CZE) replace Zhang/Zhang (CHN) at TEB. This is their first GP assignment.

Kadlecova/Bidar (CZE) (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012276.htm) were #58 on the 2009-10 Seasons Best list, so they were technically on the alternates list, but they have been skating Junior up to this point. They came in 7th in JGP Graz and 7th in JGP Sheffield this season.

HisWeirness
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Updated Pairs GP List

* indicates JGP age-eligible.

Teams guaranteed 2 assignments (based on finish at 2010 Worlds) and received 2 assignments
(2) Savchenko/Szolkowy GER 1 WS; 4 SB
(2) Pang/Tong CHN 2 WS; 2 SB
(1^) Kavaguti/Smirnov RUS 3 WS; 3 SB ^have given up their spot to Skate Canada (injury) Still listed for Rostelecom Cup
(2) Zhang/Zhang CHN 4 WS; 6 SB withdrew from both assignments due to injury
(2) Dube/Davison CAN 6 WS; 8 SB
(2) Denney/Barrett USA 10 WS; 10 SB
(2) Bazarova/Larionov RUS 11 SB
(2) Evora/Ladwig USA 17 WS; 12 SB
(2) Berton/Hotarek ITA 24 SB

Teams guaranteed 1 assignment and received 2 assignments

(2) *Takahashi/Tran JPN 8 WS; 19 SB; JGPF2/JW2 - NHK and RUS (also did JGP GBR and GER)
(2) *Sui/Han CHN 12 WS; 13 SB; JGPF1/JW1 - CHN and USA (also did JGP AUT and GER)
(2) Della Monica/Kocon ITA 13 WS; 15 SB - CHN and FRA
(2) Dong/Wu CHN 14 WS - CAN and CHN
(2) Iliushechkina/Maisuradze RUS 15 WS; 20 SB - CHN and CAN
(2) Castelli/Shnapir USA 18 WS - CAN and USA
(2) Kemp/King GBR 20 WS - USA and CAN
(2) Yankowskas/Coughlin USA 21 WS; 18 SB - NHK and CHN

Teams guaranteed 1 assignment and received 1 assignment
(1) Zhang/Wang CHN 9 WS; JGPF3 - NHK (removed from Skate Canada on 11 Aug)
(1) Brodeur/Mattatall CAN 11 WS; 22 SB - France
(1) Novik/Kuznetsov RUS 22 WS - Russia
(1) Martiusheva/Rogonov RUS 23 WS - Canada
(1) *Stolbova/Klimov RUS 24 WS; JW3 - USA (also did JGP AUT and GBR)

Teams on the Alternates List that received one assignment
(1) 27 Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN - USA
(1) 31 Simpson/Miller USA - Russia
(1) 32 Hausch/Wende GER - NHK
(1) 33 Hole/Johnson CAN - China
(1) 36 Sulej/Chruscinski POL - France
(1) 42 Lawrence/Swiegers CAN - Canada
(1) 47 Zhang/Toth USA - USA
(1) 58 *Kadlecova/Bidar CZE - France
(1) 64 Ivanova/Zalevski BUL - France

Teams on the Alternates List with no assignments and not age-eligible for JGP
52 Kostenko/Talan UKR
62 Bobak/Penasse CAN

Host Picks
(1) James/Coia FRA - FRA (will this be James/Cipres or Canac/Bonheur?) :confused:
(1) Duhamel/Radford CAN - CAN
(1) Gerboldt/Enbert RUS - RUS

TBAs and Open Spots
(1) CHN spot
(1) FRA spot

SamuraiK
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Geez, the TEB organizers reaally love inviting very very OES.. I guess that is cool and fair enough but I still wish some bigger teams like MTowersMoscovitch, NovikKuznetsov, BrodeurMattatal, SimpsonMiller etc would have more than just one event. Actually the whole pairs field should be expanded to 10 pairs per event.

HisWeirness
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Geez, the TEB organizers reaally love inviting very very OES.. I guess that is cool and fair enough but I still wish some bigger teams like MTowersMoscovitch, NovikKuznetsov, BrodeurMattatal, SimpsonMiller etc would have more than just one event. Actually the whole pairs field should be expanded to 10 pairs per event.
ITA. I wonder if the French Fed is looking for lower-ranked Euro pairs so whichever FRA pair team is sent to TEB has a chance of finishing in the top half of the TEB pairs field. :shuffle:

Plus, the Euro pairs' travel costs are less than inviting a pair from Asia or NA. But still, why not invite Hausch/Wende if you want a "cheaper travel cost" Euro pair...

Hedwig
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
:confused: The original assignment for TEB is:

Pairs: Mylene BRODEUR / John MATTATALL, Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG Vanessa JAMES / Maximin COIA, TBA FRA, Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY Nicole DELLA MONICA / Yannick KOCON Joanna SULEJ / Mateusz CHRUSCINSKI, Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV

Who is so very OES in that? I can only think you might mean Della Monica/Kokon or the Polish team Sulej/Chruscinki? But what is so very OES about them? They both have proven to be excellent teams and I love watching them both whereas I have to admit that I have no idea for Simpson/Miller and MTowers/Moscovitch are.

oleada
10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Sulej/Chruschinski and Della Monika/Kokon are both way more enjoyable and technically on par with Simpson/Miller :yawn: or MTowers/Moscovitch :scream: (the latter is actually quite talented, just completely unpolished and not my style at all)

SamuraiK
10-12-2010, 06:35 PM
:confused: The original assignment for TEB is:

Pairs: Mylene BRODEUR / John MATTATALL, Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG Vanessa JAMES / Maximin COIA, TBA FRA, Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY Nicole DELLA MONICA / Yannick KOCON Joanna SULEJ / Mateusz CHRUSCINSKI, Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV

Who is so very OES in that? I can only think you might mean Della Monica/Kokon or the Polish team Sulej/Chruscinki? But what is so very OES about them? They both have proven to be excellent teams and I love watching them both whereas I have to admit that I have no idea for Simpson/Miller and MTowers/Moscovitch are.

Being a good/promising team and being obscure/unknown in the skating scene aren't the same thing, but for the record I wasnt talking about the italians ..

Now, Sulej&Chruscinski are a nice pair and they keep improving but definetly fall in the OES category, at least for now: with results in the bottom of the ranks so far at major competions, always skating in the first warm up group that hardly gets broadcasted.

After them, TEB invited Ivanova&Zalevski, a subpar team from Bulgaria that doesn't make it to the LP at Worlds or even at Euros sometimes.And now they are inviting Kadlecova&Bidar, a junior team from a small euro federation with zero exposure at the top level. Both teams are as OES as it can get.. but that is not a bad thing at all..;)

Hedwig
10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh, now I see what you are talking about :lol: I didn't know about the two new invitations. There I agree about them being OES!